• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Columbine-style Plot

BodiSatva

The Bodhisattva
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
TEENS ACCUSED OF COLUMBINE-STYLE PLOT; SHERIFF: 'They were actually going to do this': Five teenage boys fully intended to go on a shooting spree at their high school but were stopped after one of them discussed the plot on a Web site, law enforcement and school officials said. The boys, ranging in age from 16 to 18, were arrested Thursday, the anniversary of the Columbine massacre, just hours before they planned to shoot fellow students and school employees, authorities said. "What the resounding theme is: They were actually going to do this," Cherokee County Sheriff Steve Norman said.

From "Levine Breaking News"

Deegan said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/foiled_p..._JvvXCs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Damn school bullies, that's the real problem that needs to be addressed, why are these kids so damn desperate?

I agree. Schools need to have a "no tolerance" rule on school bullying. However, what I find rather disgusting is that I doubt the parents of these bullys are doing anything about their child being a jerk. The child might even be emulating one of his/her parents. Both the school and the parents need to take action.

Yeah, whatever the reason is that these kids are so screwed up that they want to massacre other kids is beyond me...

There are a ton of issues...what is the source though?

We had an incident similiar to this at my brothers high school...4 Mormon kids gained access to their dads automatic weapons and were going to rob one of their own dads at his work since he had a supposed couple of million in his vault (apparently it was true, the kid knew) but a cop stumbled across them in a dark parking lot as they were getting ready and they opened up on him. There were over one-hundred twenty bullet holes iin his car and he got SWAT in there and over a portion ofthe town there was a running fun battle...it was insane hearing all the shooting...two kids killed themselves, one was killed by SWAT in a restaurant...anyway, that was a crazy night.

Just as an aside --

Does anyone realize how lucky the people at Columbine were that the kids who perpetrated it decided to use guns?

See, they had propane tanks rigged to blow up. If they didnt use the guns, they could have leveled the school.

BodiSatva said:
We had an incident similiar to this at my brothers high school...4 Mormon kids gained access to their dads automatic weapons and were going to rob one of their own dads at his work since he had a supposed couple of million in his vault (apparently it was true, the kid knew) but a cop stumbled across them in a dark parking lot as they were getting ready and they opened up on him. There were over one-hundred twenty bullet holes iin his car and he got SWAT in there and over a portion ofthe town there was a running fun battle...it was insane hearing all the shooting...two kids killed themselves, one was killed by SWAT in a restaurant...anyway, that was a crazy night.

I'd like to see a link for this.

See, automatic weapons arent legal in CA...

Does anyone realize how lucky the people at Columbine were that the kids who perpetrated it decided to use guns?

The lesser of two evils perhaps but I'd hardly call that lucky.

Captain America said:
The lesser of two evils perhaps but I'd hardly call that lucky.

15 dead v 150? Or 550?

That's "fortunate", if not "lucky".

A link Goobie? I don't have a link because I never looked it up, this happened one night at a beach parking lot a little bit off from our house at the Bolsa Chica Wetlands in Huntington Beach...believe it or not. We were coming home from dinner with my girlfriend and her parents and her dad who was a cop and had been in at least one major shoot out in an apartment with a guy told us that this was gunfire, the next day the news confirmed the whole thing.

I am not sure why I would make this up, but perhaps you have an idea...thus the need for confirmation? Regardless...

Moderator's Warning:

Moved to appropriate forum after 48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom