• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Football 2021

Oklahoma’s poor performance at home after the Tulane game had to be moved to OK;

Will OK still be given a spot in the final 4? It’s well past time to expand the playoffs.

Big Ten officials do not know what targeting is.

In the first quarter, a targeting call against Ohio State that Mike Periera totally agreed with somehow was overturned. During the fourth quarter, this happened:

Everyone who watched this play knows Latham Ransom should have been flagged immediately and the review should have been for that illegal hit . . . except the guys wearing black and white stripes.

And it was capped by the Ohio State hit-man dancing around on the sidelines afterwards.

The transfer portal is the big new thing overall to me but this targeting business must be addressed.

Hard to believe NCAAF doesn’t want the March Madness of NCAAB.

I will never understand why it took so long to even have playoffs in college football.

When will the NCAA double the number of playoff teams?

And it was capped by the Ohio State hit-man dancing around on the sidelines afterwards.

The Buckeyes were congratulating Lathan Ransom/ for forcing and recovering a fumble on the play. The referee and replay offical agreed it was a catch and fumble. I am sure they also were very happy to hear #12 was not ejected. But that is beside the point. The foul should have been flagged, announced, and reviewed during the injury timeout, when they had a lot of time to look at it, Then the referee should have not only signaled a catch, but also targeting and ejection against #12 defense, then first down for Minnesota 15 yards from the illegal hit. There is no excuse for the officials not doing all of that.

Of course as a Buckeyes fan I am glad Ohio State got lucky, but if I did not care who won, I would have been livid.

Last edited:
I will never understand why it took so long to even have playoffs in college football.

When will the NCAA double the number of playoff teams?
To have fun with it, take what they call the top 12 and make the brackets. Or do your own.

The idea of the better seed hosting on campus from 12 to 8 and 8 to 4 should be easy.

It would spread the talent to more than just a few teams, which is the problem.

The Buckeyes were congratulating Lathan Ransom/ for forcing and recovering a fumble on the play. The referee and replay offical agreed it was a catch and fumble. I am sure they also were very happy to hear #12 was not ejected. But that is beside the point. The foul should have been flagged, announced, and reviewed during the injury timeout, when they had a lot of time to look at it, Then the referee should have not only signaled a catch, but also targeting and ejection against #12 defense, then first down for Minnesota 15 yards from the illegal hit. There is no excuse for the officials not doing all of that.

Of course as a Buckeyes fan I am glad Ohio State got lucky, but if I did not care who won, I would have been livid.
Ugly GA/CLEM game. Imagine the college game with a longer XP with all the missed FGs.

Wisconsin gave away their game to a tough Penn State defense and Indiana got whipped in the 1st half by Iowa. Next IND has Cincinnati.

Ugly GA/CLEM game. Imagine the college game with a longer XP with all the missed FGs.

The NFL has a longer PAT distance: 33 yards. How long were the missed FG attempts in that game?

I was shocked Clemson could only score one time all night and never got in the end zone. Say what you want about how they lost Trevor Lawrence, but top five teams always score touchdowns - even against other top five teams. The AP needs to rethink how the Top 25 teams should be ranked after losing all of their best players, including an elite QB.

UGA Clemson game was a defensive battle. UGA sacked the Clemson QB 7 times and Clemson totalled a whole 2 yards rushing the entire game. And the only TD scored by either was a defensive pick-6 by UGA. I think Clemson might have made more yards with UGA pass interference penalties than anything else. I really really hope that UGA's defense is actually that good and that Clemson's O isn't that bad and isn't a good measurement of UGA's D.

UGA Clemson game was a defensive battle. UGA sacked the Clemson QB 7 times and Clemson totalled a whole 2 yards rushing the entire game. And the only TD scored by either was a defensive pick-6 by UGA. I think Clemson might have made more yards with UGA pass interference penalties than anything else. I really really hope that UGA's defense is actually that good and that Clemson's O isn't that bad and isn't a good measurement of UGA's D.

Clemson wins that game if Trevor does not go to the NFL. I feel confident that there is no need to question Georgia. Clemson's O is not that bad, it is no longer dynamic.

Moneyball...

This is good to see:

"I understand the vital role my teammates have played in allowing me to be in this position," Daniels said in a statement provided by Everett. "That is why it is so important that I share half of my earnings from this deal with the guys who got me here."​

Moneyball...

This is good to see:

"I understand the vital role my teammates have played in allowing me to be in this position," Daniels said in a statement provided by Everett. "That is why it is so important that I share half of my earnings from this deal with the guys who got me here."​
Otherwise my sack totals are going to soar………

What are the chances that Army breaks the top 25 this season?

Otherwise my sack totals are going to soar………
Was talking to a guy before the season who is a Texas A&M fan and he was going on about how the front line of UGA's offense are like cypress trees. I was wildly impressed however with Jordan Davis on the defense. He's 6' 6", 330 Ilbs, strong, took on double and triple teams all night and was getting interviewed after the game and he wasn't even winded at all. If I were a card collector I'd get his college card if he had one.

As a Gators fan, I have to hope Georgia's offense really is that bad.

Oklahoma’s poor performance at home after the Tulane game had to be moved to OK;

Will OK still be given a spot in the final 4? It’s well past time to expand the playoffs.

Scoring 40 points is a poor performance?

The Big 12 has been known for a long time as the conference with no good defenses.

After a shaky start, it looks like Florida State is going to make a game of it.

#goirish

Oh and they did!

The highlight of week #1 was the the ND/Fla St. game & not really the #9 ranked ND 41-38 victory but
the return of McKenzie Milton. Milton had won the last 23 games he started but those wins
came almost 3 years ago. Would Milton with his rebuilt knee start, would he even play or
if he did could he recapture the magic he flashed at UCF.

Coming into the game in the 4th quarter with Fla.St. down 38-28 he lead the team to two scores
completing his first 5 passes THOSE timely passes and HIS running sparked a comeback to tie the game.

Both teams were forced to try field goals in OT. The Seminoles missed a 38 yarder & soon after the
Irish kicker hit a 41 YARDER TO WIN.

I didn't watch any of the games today but did look at the final scores. Looks like some teams expected to perform better did not.

My Buckeyes played Thursday night against the Golden Gofers. It was an away game at Minneapolis at the Huntington Stadium. No pressure there right? :rolleyes: It was quite an entertaining game. One thing I noticed is even while the Buckeyes were down in the first half the players were not down but having a good time on the sidelines enjoying themselves. And so were all the fans filling the stadium. It was so good to see people enjoying themselves including my Buckeyes realizing how much they missed in 2020. Yet after halftime the Buckeyes after being behind ended up beating the Golden Gofers by 14 points.

I went to ESPN and checked out what their talking heads had to say after the first week and all of them still have Alabama as #1. Ohio State they have from second to third for the most part. Only one did not include them. Bull Dogs and Sooners are still in some of their top four. This means absolutely nothing.

Man I wish FSU would've pulled out that victory of ND.

I prefer Dabo lose all his games. He’s determined to sabotage playoff expansion so he doesn’t have to share the 4-stars and 5-stars.

N.C. is good and Bos. Col. is a sleeper. I’m also looking at Ole Miss in the $EC. The last two I mentioned are the only two teams to be 💯 % vaccinated and have plenty of talent.

I used to be an O guy back in the late 60’s in HS; Ohio State and Oklahoma, and later Oregon. Now it just depends on who I have a ticket on, though I prefer the west side of the B1G except Nebraska.
I like following the Cinderella conference of the Sunbelt. Keep an eye on Coastal Carolina.

Back
Top Bottom