• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colin Kaepernick had every right to sit down during the Pledge

Ya, but then again doing so might also show you up to be not congruent with my values.

The sadism of this society has gotten well out of hand.

As has our inability to conduct conversations.

I think you are onto something here. To expand upon your statement I think people tend to take disagreement as a personal insult.

I think Kaepernick has a right to his own opinion but is a complete ass. I don't agree with everything this country represents but it's my home and better than anything else out there.

Have you lived anywhere else?

I have been pleasantly surprised at the NFL's reaction to Kaepernick's refusal to stand. I am fine with them disagreeing with his form of protest and still respecting it. Typical Americans, on the other hand, are unsurprisingly in freak out mode over a fellow citizen refusing to bow down and worship a piece of cloth.

I think you are onto something here. To expand upon your statement I think people tend to take disagreement as a personal insult.

Bingo..... I will blame the current values system and current generation.

When I say Generation I mean, (times) not necessarily the living people.

Look at how our TV, Media, Celebrity and cultural status implies a division in "status" so one must be "insulted" for not being part of their Status. Rather than seeing it as a debate/disagreement/opposite view.

They feel insulted and automatically turn it into something much bigger than it is.

This dude wanted attention and turned something stupid (his actions, not the principle) into a huge media blitz... FOR WHAT PURPOSE.... Attention.....

common give me a good reason why he did this?.... a really good one ..... sell it to me.......

I find it hilarious that this makes national news and is a big deal when there are so many real problems to worry about.

I find it hilarious that this makes national news and is a big deal when there are so many real problems to worry about.

I find it humorous that people are offended by someone not standing for a song.

We take everything literally and personally.

Worse than that we look for opportunities to exercise our offense.

You are looking at the triumph of Victim Culture, which could only happen after turning a blind eye to the state of health of the collective.

Last edited:
I have been pleasantly surprised at the NFL's reaction to Kaepernick's refusal to stand. I am fine with them disagreeing with his form of protest and still respecting it. Typical Americans, on the other hand, are unsurprisingly in freak out mode over a fellow citizen refusing to bow down and worship a piece of cloth.

The NFL needs another fight with talent as much as they need a hole in the head. The League long trying to play STERN DADDY to guys who know that they are the cream of society is likely to lead to all out war in the next contract negotiation. The NFL plan was to have enough new money to spread around to shut talent up, but I dont see that happening. The USA economy will not support the NFL's dreams, this economy and this collective that it was supposed to serve but is not are both going down the tubes, the massive expansion of profit taking that the NFL is driving towards will not happen.

Last edited:
The NFL needs another fight with talent as much as they need a hole in the head.

Their reaction could very well be connected to a lack of desire to get into another NFL vs. Player fight. Either way, it was the right decision, imo, after a long string of very poor decisions. So many REAL problems in the world, yet people choose to blow their tops over a man refusing to be one of Pavlov's dogs and do what everyone else is conditioned to do.

^This. But that is America for you.

Their reaction could very well be connected to a lack of desire to get into another NFL vs. Player fight. Either way, it was the right decision, imo, after a long string of very poor decisions. So many REAL problems in the world, yet people choose to blow their tops over a man refusing to be one of Pavlov's dogs and do what everyone else is conditioned to do.

The commish is working desperately to hold onto his job, and the owners dont want to get rid of their own leader right before they go to war with talent because it would be a huge signal of weakness.....they are trying to be less stupid.

BTW you might have noticed that they just hired the female DC police chief to run security, this was another decent political move. They are getting better, they have been at least a bit humbled. Whether this hire is up to the job though IDK, DC is a wreck, and is a small very unusual city, not a place I would look for the head of security if I wanted one of the top 50 people in the nation for the job. However, if you think you need a woman maybe you give up on having one of the 50 best.

We shall see how this goes.

Last edited:
Bingo..... I will blame the current values system and current generation.

When I say Generation I mean, (times) not necessarily the living people.

Look at how our TV, Media, Celebrity and cultural status implies a division in "status" so one must be "insulted" for not being part of their Status. Rather than seeing it as a debate/disagreement/opposite view.

They feel insulted and automatically turn it into something much bigger than it is.

This dude wanted attention and turned something stupid (his actions, not the principle) into a huge media blitz... FOR WHAT PURPOSE.... Attention.....

common give me a good reason why he did this?.... a really good one ..... sell it to me.......

Get people talking about him.

I think he's doing it for self centered reasons.

He looks a lot like Obama, on a quest to figure out what his darker than some skin pigmentation means to him. But like Obama this is a guy who has barely ever suffered a slight because of his skin color, him trying to claim his black solidarity bonifides is a hoot, this guy having lived all his life in White Privilege (as has Obama).... if it exists at all. Never even knowing the name of his one connection to his blackness, his BIO Father.

Last edited:
He looks a lot like Obama, on a quest to figure out what his darker than some skin pigmentation means to him. But like Obama this is a guy who has barely ever suffered a slight because of his skin color, him trying to claim his black solidarity bonifides is a hoot, this guy having lived all his life in White Privilege (as has Obama).... if it exists at all. Never even knowing the name of his one connection to his blackness, his BIO Father.

How do you know this?

Actually the way his contract is written the team is "only" on the hook for $11 million this year, if they cut him they can avoid the rest of the contract. He is supposed to make $14 million next year....maybe they decide he is not worth it, so he goes. His entire contract was only guaranteed in the case of injury...which is maybe a good reason to never let him play again. If I were the 49ers I dont think I would trust him on the field.

I'll take 11 million dollars to watch Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy. Poor boy having to live in this horrible country.

I'll take 11 million dollars to watch Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy. Poor boy having to live in this horrible country.

For a VEEERY slightly better than average (he with a 88 lifetime QB RATING, average being 87) who clearly looks to be both physically and mentally done...ya, a $11 mill payday is a gift.

For a VEEERY slightly better than average (he with a 88 lifetime QB RATING, average being 87) who clearly looks to be both physically and mentally done...ya, a $11 mill payday is a gift.

he's not long for the niners but should catch on somewhere for at least a year. The thing is this guy is physically wasting away, I am pretty sure he has a serious medical condition

he's not long for the niners but should catch on somewhere for at least a year. The thing is this guy is physically wasting away, I am pretty sure he has a serious medical condition

He does, though it is not clear how much of his current poor condition is due to that, and how much is due to him not trying to get back into shape. The 49ers surely do know though. We do see guys deciding that they dont give a ****, RG3 for one.

People have no right to be offended by Colin Kaepernick's protest when he sat out the Pledge of Allegiance. He has every right to express his shame of the policy's of the government.
People who call for his banishment from the NFL are opposing the very rights that the USA was founded on. They do not want a free country, they want a country where everyone pretends we are all united and that tramples the rights we are supposed to have.

CK had a right to sit, and his critics have a right to take offense. It's a free country.

Back
Top Bottom