• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colin Kaepernick had every right to sit down during the Pledge

I wonder if Kaepernick feels guilty about being 1/2 white.

Must suck having to stare at that white half in the mirror. while shaving

Poor bass-turd!

He does, though it is not clear how much of his current poor condition is due to that, and how much is due to him not trying to get back into shape. The 49ers surely do know though. We do see guys deciding that they dont give a ****, RG3 for one.

[h=1]After three games, Robert Griffin III has big plays but few big drives[/h]Give Robert Griffin III credit for making some big pass plays. But the offense's overall numbers under Griffin show the QB is still a work in progress.

He looks a lot like Obama, on a quest to figure out what his darker than some skin pigmentation means to him. But like Obama this is a guy who has barely ever suffered a slight because of his skin color, him trying to claim his black solidarity bonifides is a hoot, this guy having lived all his life in White Privilege (as has Obama).... if it exists at all. Never even knowing the name of his one connection to his blackness, his BIO Father.

These types of people that use their race as their sole identity are really pathetic self centered and shallow.

And i remember obama's silly quest for identity. I think that makes him unstable.

People have no right to be offended by Colin Kaepernick's protest when he sat out the Pledge of Allegiance. He has every right to express his shame of the policy's of the government.
People who call for his banishment from the NFL are opposing the very rights that the USA was founded on. They do not want a free country, they want a country where everyone pretends we are all united and that tramples the rights we are supposed to have.

Who made you the judgement police?

People have right to express their opinions and thoughts...................just like that POS Kaepernick does.

People have no right to be offended by Colin Kaepernick's protest when he sat out the Pledge of Allegiance. He has every right to express his shame of the policy's of the government.
People who call for his banishment from the NFL are opposing the very rights that the USA was founded on. They do not want a free country, they want a country where everyone pretends we are all united and that tramples the rights we are supposed to have.

you have a funny definition of rights.

we do have the right to be offended.

I have been pleasantly surprised at the NFL's reaction to Kaepernick's refusal to stand. I am fine with them disagreeing with his form of protest and still respecting it. Typical Americans, on the other hand, are unsurprisingly in freak out mode over a fellow citizen refusing to bow down and worship a piece of cloth.

Don't be too proud of the NFL. As soon as this starts costing them money, it will be over. He won't be on anyone's bench to make his little protest.

I just read an article reminding me of the outrage of quarterback Tim Tebor bowing and praying on the football field. How the worm turns on the ideological axle.

These types of people that use their race as their sole identity are really pathetic self centered and shallow.

And i remember obama's silly quest for identity. I think that makes him unstable.

Previous generations called this "navel gazing". It was intended to be an insult, A claim of being superficial, as well as none too bright.

The smarter guys concentrated on the nature of the universe, as well as how to get along with it, on gaining the good life.... this obsession on self identity was for the twits, a poor use of time and energy.

Last edited:
Previous generations called this "navel gazing".

It was intended to be an insult.

Never heard that one before.

But lately people seem to be deeply obsessed with being individual and unique based on what they are. There are people that come up with all sorts of words to label their sexuality, their gender identity, and all sorts of other crap.

If these people focus on achievement instead of what makes them super unique they may have something to actually be proud of verses being a demisexual vegan cis gender nonconforming heteroflexable man girl super duper mega victim of oppression by the least oppressive culture on the planet.

Never heard that one before.

But lately people seem to be deeply obsessed with being individual and unique based on what they are. There are people that come up with all sorts of words to label their sexuality, their gender identity, and all sorts of other crap.

If these people focus on achievement instead of what makes them super unique they may have something to actually be proud of verses being a demisexual vegan cis gender nonconforming heteroflexable man girl super duper mega victim of oppression by the least oppressive culture on the planet.

It is done today because people think they need to do an inventory so that they can figure out which tribes they belong to, which one hopes are cool tribes. The point of the ancestors still stands though, all this work builds nothing, all this work keeps one from more productive uses of ones time and energy.

You have heard my theory that this civilization is in a death spiral?

Nope. Being a celebrity and wanting attention is self centered. What on earth could he be doing it for outside of self centeredness?

Just because you can't think of or know of a reason that isn't self-centered doesn't make it somehow, magically, self-centered in reality.

It is done today because people think they need to do an inventory so that they can figure out which tribes they belong to, which one hopes are cool tribes. The point of the ancestors still stands though, all this work builds nothing, all this work keeps one from more productive uses of ones time and energy.

You have heard my theory that this civilization is in a death spiral?
There certainly is a segment of it that is incredibly self absorbed.

You don't understand rights, do you? He did/does have the right to sit, you bet. Others have the right to be offended, or not, as well.

I don't have to. YOU made the claim that it was. Thus far, you haven't supported that claim with anything other than vapid and empty speculation.

You don't seem to know how this works.

Good lord. You got your ass handed to you in the debate about western civilization and now your playing this logical crap here.

I'm free to assume that. If you don't like my assumption call somebody who cares.

Good lord. You got your ass handed to you in the debate about western civilization and now your playing this logical crap here.

Your over-active imagination and fantasy life are irrelevant to this. You made a claim. You were challenged on it. You done nothing but run from it since them, challenging me to disprove your claim. Yawn. It's always the same with people like you.
I'm free to assume that. If you don't like my assumption call somebody who cares.

Sorry that you're forced to retreat in fear of your own words.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kaepernick is a douche.

And yeah, as a veteran, he has really pissed me off.

That being said, if the same folks who hold the line on the 2nd amendment also held the line on the 1st, this wouldn't really be such a big deal.

If you support the 2nd, yet criticize someone for exercising their 1st, that makes you kind of a hypocrite.

That includes me I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kaepernick is a douche.

And yeah, as a veteran, he has really pissed me off.

That being said, if the same folks who hold the line on the 2nd amendment also held the line on the 1st, this wouldn't really be such a big deal.

If you support the 2nd, yet criticize someone for exercising their 1st, that makes you kind of a hypocrite.

That includes me I suppose.

That is absurd, that is the equivalent of saying if we condemn mass murders for shooting people we oppose the second amendment.

I agree.

So I take it you are never offended by the KKK protesting against African Americans then. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite now would we.

If you are not smart enough to understand the difference then I will be incapable of explaining it to you. I am not the Jackass whisperer...

Back
Top Bottom