• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CNN's God's Warrior's series

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Watching the Jewish warriors part right now and I have to say good God on how the levels of fanaticism and hatred people have in the name of God. I cant wait to see the hatred from both the psychotic Muslim fundies and the scumbag evangelical nut jobs.

Watching the Jewish warriors part right now and I have to say good God on how the levels of fanaticism and hatred people have in the name of God. I cant wait to see the hatred from both the psychotic Muslim fundies and the scumbag evangelical nut jobs.

This fanatical religious hatred seems so universal that it's obvious to me that hatred is just an inherent part of human nature, and the 'religion' itself is irrelevant: just an excuse.

There's some applicable quote I half remember about how to do great evil you first must believe that you are doing a great good.

How else to convince yourself that whatever despicable thing you are doing is not despicable because it in the "right context" - God told me to do it, I was following orders, In the name of national security, etc

There's some applicable quote I half remember about how to do great evil you first must believe that you are doing a great good.

How else to convince yourself that whatever despicable thing you are doing is not despicable because it in the "right context" - God told me to do it, I was following orders, In the name of national security, etc

Exactly.

No one thinks they're the bad guy. Pretty much every evil act traces back to people doing it for "the greater good". Sometimes that greater good is a twisted version of religion; I think that even without religion, we'd have to endure some manner of insane war-crazed antics.

finally found it

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but its interesting to read
"The imagination and the spiritual strength of Shakespeare's evildoers stopped short at a dozen corpses. Because they had no ideology.
Ideology--that is what gives evildoing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination. That is the social theory which helps to make his acts seem good instead of bad.... Thanks to ideology, the twentieth century was fated to experience evildoing on a scale calculated in the millions.
This cannot be denied, nor passed over, nor suppressed."
Alexandre Solzhenitsyn The Gulag Archipelago

quoted from here

And the political caste worldwide bends over backwards to find excuses for indoctrinated fanatics following their leaders' ideology. Any ideology that can be used to incite violence will be used. They may call it false interpretation, but an interpreted source is still a source. Many politicians and sociologists in the West prefer to argue that the fanatics will go away when minorities are properly integrated into society. They will not go away. They thrive and multiply. And they're just waiting for the critical mass to explode.

God's Warriors - Jewish Part 1-10

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkKhPLAyDsM[/YOUTUBE]
Part 1

The rest of them can be accessed here:

God's Warriors - Jewish Part 1-10

I have to wonder if we nuked Jerusalem what that would do to the religious prophecies. The Jews would have to wait a million years to rebuild the Temple. The Muslims would have to wait as well.

One must ask, why are the big three of religions in the world all so violent? Ironically Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all the same descendant beliefs of Abraham yet have been fighting each other for ages on end.
My answer? The simple belief of themselves to be the single true belief while everyone else burns in hell. This belief of entitlement and superiority over everyone else.
Stupid.

Having just watched part 1 I must say this is perhaps the best documentary of the problems faced with these religions.
For Judaism, the settlers are a huge problem - clear violation of the 4th of the Geneva conventions - settlement of occupied territory - because of superstitious religious belief of entitlement and superiority over everyone else.
Stupid.

Our leaders fear the Pro-Isreali lobbies far more than any terrorist organization.

To get on their bad side would surely cost them their job as it has cost many before them.

To merely suggest or criticize the Isreali's government policy, whold unleash the attack machine in full fury and brand anyone doing so as "anti-semetic" or a "jew-hater." :roll:

As long as that situation persists, and it does, we will forever be held accountable for their mistakes.

I just watched Jesus Camp last Sunday and it was terrifying. The children in it are not given the opportunity to choose for themselves. The head of the camp said she wanted to create a Christian presence in the United States like Islam in the Middle East. She stated that she wanted to make a Christian nation where its followers would die for their god. Seemed like a lot of brainwashing to me, and that is child abuse.

Christiane Amanpour fails to definitively say what her evidence indicates about the goal of Islam being to control the world and she indicated OBL was radicalized in Afghanistan by Zawahiri.

Christiane Amanpour fails to definitively say what her evidence indicates about the goal of Islam being to control the world and she indicated OBL was radicalized in Afghanistan by Zawahiri.
That's not what she said at all. Doesn't seem you've watched it at all.
Quite the opposite she showed quite clearly both the goal and who'd ideology radicalized islam - not just OBL.

Well I just saw the Muslim one and I have to say goddam. Cant wait to see the so-called "tolerant, peaceful and loving :roll: " Christians part.
If you saw Larry King today you would've already gotten your answer.
"those who do not believe in the literal teachings of the bible are not true Christians"

That's not what she said at all. Doesn't seem you've watched it at all.
Quite the opposite she showed quite clearly both the goal and who'd ideology radicalized islam - not just OBL.

By the way, the choice of video in your sig suggests you might be a "Jerry."

It suggests that because because it wasn't necessary to invade Iraq in 1994 that nothing had changed in the interim that would make invasion necessary in 2003. If it is unwise to remove a cable connecting your MP3 player while the music is downloading does that mean it must always be connected? If we go by what the video says we would.

Things change and changing conditions mean a possible change in actions.

By the way, the choice of video in your sig suggests you might be a "Jerry."

It suggests that because because it wasn't necessary to invade Iraq in 1994 that nothing had changed in the interim that would make invasion necessary in 2003. If it is unwise to remove a cable connecting your MP3 player while the music is downloading does that mean it must always be connected? If we go by what the video says we would.

Things change and changing conditions mean a possible change in actions.
Yep, you're right 9/11 really changed the quagmire of Iraq now didn't it? Flip flop flip flop
You want to get back on topic now?

chevy driver said:
Well I just saw the Muslim one and I have to say goddam. Cant wait to see the so-called "tolerant, peaceful and loving :roll: " Christians part.
Here's a small preview for you
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULnAmRtxQmM[/YOUTUBE]

I don't want to go off topic by discussing this here. Just go here to see the error of your assumption.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...fool-out-himself-meet-press-3.html#post618127

Your argument is that 9/11 changed everything. How did it? the quagmire of Iraq is still the same, the same brutal sectarian violence is still the same as it has been for thousands of year as has the radical islamic element. The same hatred for all things western that they middle east islamics have had for us has been the same regardless of 1994 or today - it's all indifferent. did you even bother to watch the CNN report?

So, again, how are things in anyway different?

I just watched Jesus Camp last Sunday and it was terrifying. The children in it are not given the opportunity to choose for themselves. The head of the camp said she wanted to create a Christian presence in the United States like Islam in the Middle East. She stated that she wanted to make a Christian nation where its followers would die for their god. Seemed like a lot of brainwashing to me, and that is child abuse.

I wonder if the camp will be featured at all tonight... probably something like it, at least. As someone considered a "godless heathen" by all the people on these, they scare the hell out of me. Even if I was moderately religious I would still be terrified. The kind of brainwashing and hate that's been spotlighted in movies like Jesus Camp and now this CNN report is pure insanity.

I wonder if the camp will be featured at all tonight... probably something like it, at least. As someone considered a "godless heathen" by all the people on these, they scare the hell out of me. Even if I was moderately religious I would still be terrified. The kind of brainwashing and hate that's been spotlighted in movies like Jesus Camp and now this CNN report is pure insanity.
Here's the biggest problem. We see it as complete case of nut head coocoo insanity; they don't. They truly see it as such - that's outright terrifying.

One must ask, why are the big three of religions in the world all so violent? Ironically Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all the same descendant beliefs of Abraham yet have been fighting each other for ages on end.
My answer? The simple belief of themselves to be the single true belief while everyone else burns in hell. This belief of entitlement and superiority over everyone else.
Stupid.

Judaism doesn't have a hell. They're fighting for the right to live somewhere where they aren't hated by everyone for no reason. I'm not saying they should be taking Israel (which isn't their land) but they certainly are the least obnoxious of the three groups.

Judaism doesn't have a hell. They're fighting for the right to live somewhere where they aren't hated by everyone for no reason. I'm not saying they should be taking Israel (which isn't their land) but they certainly are the least obnoxious of the three groups.
They do practice the same consciousness of entitlement - Israel.
Hey I don't care where they are, and I support the right of the nation of israel, but by the same token I don't support that they feel they have the right with settlements nor that it is god that entitles them to that land or anyone to any land. You simply can not mix superstition with legal rights of equality under the law.
They see themselves as the rightful heir of that strip of land regardless of the fact that there are other's there as well. And in doing so have persecuted the right's of other religious beliefs from practicing via self-entitlements.
Any religion that says there are certain things that only they themselves and no one else is allowed to do or see or visit - sorry that's the sensationalism of superiority.
The lesser of the evils is still nevertheless evil.

Back
Top Bottom