• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CNN - The Mistrusted Name In News

Originally posted by Stu Ghatze:
Get used to it...? Everybody IS used to it!

Yes, you are quite correct, & for many the gods are CNN, & other liberal news networks posing as being independent from any political persuasion.

If the democratic party did not have these little helpers, ..& arbiters of what they call truth, the whole democratic party would not be calling Bush a liar, a murderer, a nazi, & creator of 9/11 etc.

Since the DNC cannot win very many elections anymore, it feels that it "must" somehow try to destroy a presidency to bring "relevency" back to its party base.

The only thing that is relevent with the modern democratic party, & the major news networks these days is: blaming America first, importing the love of multiculturalism, inventing endless ''rights" issues, (even for our terror adversaries??) self condemnation, & self flagellation, justifying terror behavior as equating the enemy as having real grievances, & accusing the American military of deliberatley targetting Iraqi unarmed citizens, ..& last but the least in "trying" to find something to charge Bush with , & to help make it stick to bring down his presidency!

The whacko fruits, & nuts liberals call that behavior, "Freedom of expression". The real mainstream MAJORITY of americans call that, "giving aid & comfort to the enemy"!

Once again proving that the modern democratic party cares more about the health of their own party success than they do about the security of the United States; ..but that is NO secret
Stu, Stu, Stu, Stu, you don't have that MAJORITY anymore.

Billo Really said:
On this day, Sunday August 21, 2005, I am currently watching a CNN special on the events that led to war with Iraq and they are kicking George Bush's ass. There is a God after all. Bless CNN.

Notice to all you neo's, get used to this! More is on the way from the media.
Case and point. Thanks Billo, you can always be counted on to make conservatives look smart.

Originally posted by GPS_Flex:
Case and point. Thanks Billo, you can always be counted on to make conservatives look smart.
Just because you got issues with the truth, its not my problem, esssssssssay!

Essssay? Are you a “vato-loco” now Billo?

CNN is falling fast in ratings and Fox news is growing fast. To what do you attribute this shift in power Billo? Hurricane Katrina? Get a clue.

Essssay? Are you a “vato-loco” now Billo?

CNN is falling fast in ratings and Fox news is growing fast. To what do you attribute this shift in power Billo? Hurricane Katrina? Get a clue.
I'm not the one that needs the clue my little geo-neo. Their ratings has nothing to do with the truth of their storys. And Fox is just propaganda. Not news. Murdoch, Hannity and O' Reilly are just little White House bitches!

I should have expected such mindless drivel from you Billo. Have you read my signature lately?

Billo Really said:
On this day, Sunday August 21, 2005, I am currently watching a CNN special on the events that led to war with Iraq and they are kicking George Bush's ass. There is a God after all. Bless CNN.

Notice to all you neo's, get used to this! More is on the way from the media.

I’m not sure what more there is to discuss here. The accusation was that CNN is a liberal news hack and Billo has confirmed as much. I hereby accept your Liberal representative’s surrender and declare victory on behalf of all those who have worked so hard to prove CNN is a liberal news hack. Well done my friends. Well done indeed.

I should have expected such mindless drivel from you Billo. Have you read my signature lately?
That's what makes you a major hypocrit. You certainly don't walk that kind of talk.

I’m not sure what more there is to discuss here. The accusation was that CNN is a liberal news hack and Billo has confirmed as much. I hereby accept your Liberal representative’s surrender and declare victory on behalf of all those who have worked so hard to prove CNN is a liberal news hack. Well done my friends. Well done indeed.
Please move this response to the post it is alluding too.

Billo Really said:
Please move this response to the post it is alluding too.
Is that it? No wonder you have an average of nearly 28 posts per day.

You conceded that CNN is a liberal hack and warned me to get used to it but now you’re trying to sidestep the issue and pretend you never said it?

"I'm not the one that needs the clue my little geo-neo. Their ratings has nothing to do with the truth of their storys. And Fox is just propaganda. Not news. Murdoch, Hannity and O' Reilly are just little White House bitches!"

^
LOL
While that may be true as far as the white house bitches comment, Fox reports the news just like any other media out-let which is no different from CNN, MSNBC etc. They just have op-ed journalists who many consider demagogues. Both sides have this however, I wouldn't necessarily call Chris Matthews an objective person. Propaganda is a 2 way street.

Is that it? No wonder you have an average of nearly 28 posts per day.

You conceded that CNN is a liberal hack and warned me to get used to it but now you’re trying to sidestep the issue and pretend you never said it?
I'm just waiting until you say something coherent.

Originally posted by SixStringHero:
While that may be true as far as the white house bitches comment, Fox reports the news just like any other media out-let which is no different from CNN, MSNBC etc. They just have op-ed journalists who many consider demagogues. Both sides have this however, I wouldn't necessarily call Chris Matthews an objective person. Propaganda is a 2 way street
I have to admit, I like Chris too. And Neil Cavuto.

Billo_Really said:
I have to admit, I like Chris too. And Neil Cavuto.

So, you saying that Fox is propaganda with o'Riley and Hannity AND COLMBS, but Chris Matthews is not? All news networks lean towards one side of the political spectrum or the other. It just depends on how much as to if they are truly biased to the point of brainwashing. It appears though, as seen through the ratings, that Fox has much more viewers than any other network. I think this would show better balance and better coverage of events. This is not to say that Fox is unbiased and has no political leanings. People should get used to the biasness, and do their own independent research from many different sources.

Originally posted by brassmonkey621:
So, you saying that Fox is propaganda with o'Riley and Hannity AND COLMBS, but Chris Matthews is not? All news networks lean towards one side of the political spectrum or the other. It just depends on how much as to if they are truly biased to the point of brainwashing. It appears though, as seen through the ratings, that Fox has much more viewers than any other network. I think this would show better balance and better coverage of events. This is not to say that Fox is unbiased and has no political leanings. People should get used to the biasness, and do their own independent research from many different sources.
I didn't say he wasn't. I just said I liked him. Doesn't mean I believe in his political opinions. I find him more centrist than the ultra right cheerleaders they have. From what I've seen, Matthews and Cavuto are not afraid to ask the questions I have running around in my head while they're interviewing someone like ultra-bitch Ann Coulter.

I don't look at anything in terms of black and white, either/or, if/than. They're more choices than that. Its not one way or the other with me.

Overall, Fox is a propaganda wing of the current Administration that says things that are so pro-right that I watch just to see what they will say next. People do the same thing with Howard Stern.

Originally posted by stsburns:
CNN's parent company Timewarner/AOL are going to have a partial merge. You know this can't be good! Bill Gates and Turner will become the biggest monopoly, which means they can set the prices, because they don't have competition
This is scary.

and FOXNEWS is fair and balanced reporting RIGHT?

If you would like to feel better both physically and mentally it might be a good idea to stop watching those 24/7 so-called "news" channels altogether. I did that about theree years ago and my overall health has improved

First of all with the exception of perhaps Headline News, they are only news channels 8 minutes out of the hour. The rest of the time they are "opinion" channels. Once you know the headlines you can make up your own mind. You don't need hacks like Matthews. Blitzer or O'Reilly to do it for you.

IMO there isn't enough news to warrent 5 24/7 news channels. Most of those channels are simply the slag heap of people who probably couldn't make mainstream TV unless it is on programs like ET or Access Hollywood etc.

Cable news is a platform for mountbanks and charlatans both right and left. It the same with talk or better yet "hate" radio. It's "in you face" TV. Do we have enough people "in our faces" in our daily life anyway? But if you enjoy it fine. I don't anymore and the internet is a far better way to find out whats going on.

Ted Turner and Bill Gates. Wow talk about people who who would stick it to ya when your picking up your soap. I heard something about Gates and Donald Trump planning on buying land in New Orleans now. Anybody heard this also???

kingpin said:
Ted Turner and Bill Gates. Wow talk about people who who would stick it to ya when your picking up your soap. I heard something about Gates and Donald Trump planning on buying land in New Orleans now. Anybody heard this also???

Speculators Rushing In as the Water Recedes

People are rushing to get in on this.

Back
Top Bottom