• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN sues Trump and White House Aides for banning Jim Acosta

Here's something that I think is very important. How many journalists got to hold that mic and ask questions? 32 or so?
31/32 mic transfers occurred without incident. Is it any surprise that the 1/32 transfers that went bad occurred with Jim Acosta?

He is the common denominator in most really awful press unfortunate events. April Ryan is a close second.

Ludin, I see her grabbing for him and him recoiling and at most, attempting to block her, with her making contact a and pulling, and him having very little incidental contact. She was the aggressor.

You're saying your desired version over and over, does not making it so. If he hit her, I'm sure there would be charges.
Chromsky I’m going to nicely suggest you pick up a red tipped white cane to go with your new glasses :) She never once grabbed for him as you said. Where did you see that she clearly was just retrieving the mic so it could be given to the next reporter. Acosta is the one that started the tug of war by resisting when he should have let go. It clearly surprises the intern that was just trying to do her job.
sky

Chromsky I’m going to nicely suggest you pick up a red tipped white cane to go with your new glasses :) She never once grabbed for him as you said. Where did you see that she clearly was just retrieving the mic so it could be given to the next reporter. Acosta is the one that started the tug of war by resisting when he should have let go. It clearly surprises the intern that was just trying to do her job.
sky

:lamo "Tug of war"?? You're joking. Or you're toking.

The same crowd and administration that claims Jim Acosta assaulted the WH intern. Pure fantasy. Screw Trump. I'm counting the days to Nov 2020.
Acosta didn’t “assault “ her but she sure as hell did not grab Acosta like you said. If you think I’m in error tell us at what second on the video. Where she grabs him.

:lamo "Tug of war"?? You're joking. Or you're toking.
ok maybe not the best term but what so you call it when one person is trying to retrieve an object and the other resists by tightening his grip forcefully pushing the volar surface of the other person’s elbow causing that person’s body to tilt and rotate. I found it easier to use tug of war for short hand. Any way it was Childeish boorish behavior on Acosta’s part he deserves a little time out. Maybe he will learn how to play with others

Last edited:
ok maybe not the best term but what so you call it when one person is trying to retrieve an object and the other resists by tightening his grip forcefully pushing the volar surface of the other person’s elbow causing that person’s body to tilt and rotate. I found it easier to use tug of war for short hand. Any way it was Childress boorish behavior on Acosta’s part he deserves a little time out. Maybe he will learn how to play with others

Never. Leftist victim culture dictates that he rise up the totem pole.

ok maybe not the best term but what so you call it when one person is trying to retrieve an object and the other resists by tightening his grip forcefully pushing the volar surface of the other person’s elbow causing that person’s body to tilt and rotate. I found it easier to use tug of war for short hand. Any way it was Childress boorish behavior on Acosta’s part he deserves a little time out. Maybe he will learn how to play with others

Except that's not what happened. Watch the video a few more times. His hand and arm was already in motion when she stepped into it, as he was gesturing that he was not finished yet. As soon as it was evident that she was going to continue to enter his personal space, he pulled back and excused himself.

What you're describing didn't happen.

Perhaps he should have given up the mic, that's debatable. That this was an intentional assault, or that there was anything "boorish" in his physical behavior is not.

At least not by anyone wishing to be taken seriously. It's video evidence. Watch the video. Without the Trump colored glasses. ;)

There's only one person clearly out of control in that session, and that was Trump. Even when he moved on to the next reporter, he couldn't help himself from returning to Acosta to berate him more. Acosta's restraint, both with Trump and the intern attempting to take the mic from him, was equally clear.

Never. Leftist victim culture dictates that he rise up the totem pole.

You seriously want to talk about victim culture, as the right exaggerate this brush into a battle royale? :lamo

Ok bud...hahaha

You seriously want to talk about victim culture, as the right exaggerate this brush into a battle royale? :lamo

Ok bud...hahaha

Uh, Jim Acosta and CNN are suing because he got put in a richly-deserved time out. So, yeah. I am.

Well looks like the judge delayed his decision til tomorrow. So we'll see if there's a reprieve in Acosta's ban then.

Except that's not what happened. Watch the video a few more times. His hand and arm was already in motion when she stepped into it, as he was gesturing that he was not finished yet. As soon as it was evident that she was going to continue to enter his personal space, he pulled back and excused himself.

What you're describing didn't happen.

Perhaps he should have given up the mic, that's debatable. That this was an intentional assault, or that there was anything "boorish" in his physical behavior is not.

At least not by anyone wishing to be taken seriously. It's video evidence. Watch the video. Without the Trump colored glasses. ;)

There's only one person clearly out of control in that session, and that was Trump. Even when he moved on to the next reporter, he couldn't help himself from returning to Acosta to berate him more. Acosta's restraint, both with Trump and the intern attempting to take the mic from him, was equally clear.
When Chromsky goes and gets his glasses go with him and get your a pair too but find someone to do the driving for you. :) Acosta had use MORE than his allotted time he as more than 2 questions he was encroaching on the time of others he was trying to hog mic time that was not his. Acosta has a news cable channel with at least 4 or 5 viewers he can show boat there not at the Whitehouse on other people’s time.

When Chromsky goes and gets his glasses go with him and get your a pair too but find someone to do the driving for you. :) Acosta had use MORE than his allotted time he as more than 2 questions he was encroaching on the time of others he was trying to hog mic time that was not his. Acosta has a news cable channel with at least 4 or 5 viewers he can show boat there not at the Whitehouse on other people’s time.

As I said, whether or not he should have held the mic as long as he did is debatable, so I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you there. Allegations of assault or anything other than unintentional contact is silliness, reminiscent of toddlers complaining to their parents because their sibling breathed on them in the back of the car on the way to Grandma's house.

Maybe next time Trump should take the mic himself, instead of sending a young lady to do it for him. Now THAT would get ratings... ;)

Breaking News: The judge delayed Acosta’s case because Acost has a death grip on his gavel and won’t give it up

I have over 100 users on my ignore list thanks to this issue.:smoking:

As I said, whether or not he should have held the mic as long as he did is debatable, so I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you there. Allegations of assault or anything other than unintentional contact is silliness, reminiscent of toddlers complaining to their parents because their sibling breathed on them in the back of the car on the way to Grandma's house.

Maybe next time Trump should take the mic himself, instead of sending a young lady to do it for him. Now THAT would get ratings... ;)

Whether Acosta should have continued to hold the mike is not debatable... at least by a person being reasonable. The routine is to ask one question, and try for a follow-up. He asked a question, got a response, and actually had an exchange with the president where he made a couple of follow-ups and statements. He asked several times if he could ask a different question, and was told no... the president moved onto another reporter, and Acosta asked again and then asked more questions. His turn was clearly over. The lady went to collect the mike, and he held onto it with a death grip, and effectively stiff armed her with his other arm. Acosta was in the wrong by any standard.

Now, claims of assault is clearly stretching it, but he was physically blocking the woman trying to do her job, stomping on other reporters, and being a jerk.

Whether Acosta should have continued to hold the mike is not debatable... at least by a person being reasonable. The routine is to ask one question, and try for a follow-up. He asked a question, got a response, and actually had an exchange with the president where he made a couple of follow-ups and statements. He asked several times if he could ask a different question, and was told no... the president moved onto another reporter, and Acosta asked again and then asked more questions. His turn was clearly over. The lady went to collect the mike, and he held onto it with a death grip, and effectively stiff armed her with his other arm. Acosta was in the wrong by any standard.

Now, claims of assault is clearly stretching it, but he was physically blocking the woman trying to do her job, stomping on other reporters, and being a jerk.

Gave you the like, because this is reasonable...

And by "debatable", I mean the start of a conversation...I'm even inclined to agree with you, though I'd suggest that Trump's treatment of the media encourages a more rowdy press, especially among the networks he's the most critical of. I guess I'd have to understand if follow up questions are out of the norm for reporters, or if it is a strict 1:1 rule, with a precedent of always being followed previously. Personally I like a punchy media...from both sides, as long as everyone stays honest. Tough questions need to be asked of any leader. But, I think this is a conversation we could have, and perhaps even reach consensus on, were we to both remain disciplined and reasonable.

As for who was blocking who, I'd say both were blocking each other from doing their job in that moment. At least he had the decency to excuse himself, and it was seconds after that that she had the mic.

I really cannot believe how much this has been blown out of proportion...or, rather, I can't believe I believe it...if you get what I'm saying... Strange days / silly days.

I basically agree with the exception that it’s not debatable that he should have Given the mic up. His turn clearly was over. He was like a 2 year old girl hat didn’t want to give Dad’s remote control back

I basically agree with the exception that it’s not debatable that he should have Given the mic up. His turn clearly was over. He was like a 2 year old girl hat didn’t want to give Dad’s remote control back

hehe..my two year old boy didn't like giving the remote back either... ;)

I mean...again, I'd have to understand press etiquette better before making the judgement, but I won't press it, satisfied that at least we agree on the whole "assault" silliness. Sometimes you gotta take your "wins" where you can get them...hehe

sky
Acosta didn’t “assault “ her but she sure as hell did not grab Acosta like you said. If you think I’m in error tell us at what second on the video. Where she grabs him.
I very much agree with the bolded, though I'm not sure I need that cane yet! :mrgreen:

Pulling or grabbing an object from one's grasp is not substantively different than grabbing them or their clothing, in low level situations like this. And neither is permitted. I'm just trying to promote the proper way to handle public physical interactions. Acosta was wrong, she backed-off, no one seemed to get hurt. That was a good thing.

I very much agree with the bolded, though I'm not sure I need that cane yet! :mrgreen:

Pulling or grabbing an object from one's grasp is not substantively different than grabbing them or their clothing, in low level situations like this. And neither is permitted. I'm just trying to promote the proper way to handle public physical interactions. Acosta was wrong, she backed-off, no one seemed to get hurt. That was a good thing.
I'm reasonably sure she was surprised when Acosta didn't release the mic to her.

hehe..my two year old boy didn't like giving the remote back either... ;)

I mean...again, I'd have to understand press etiquette better before making the judgement, but I won't press it, satisfied that at least we agree on the whole "assault" silliness. Sometimes you gotta take your "wins" where you can get them...hehe
But that is normal remotes are a guy thing.

I'm reasonably sure she was surprised when Acosta didn't release the mic to her.
Agreed.

My point was not necessarily to accuse her, but to defend form Acosta's critics claiming assault on his part. If he "assaulted" her, then we must also examine her actions in the matter. In physical terms, nothing much occurred here of note.

You know, sadly, my first reaction on who might win this case is, who appointed the judge?

I used to feel that way but it turns out to be a poor predictor way too often. I mean, they got the job for as long as they want it. Doing political favors at that point is probably less important to them than their professional reputation. It is FAR from perfect but the judiciary branch of government is still the only branch of government that I respect more than I don’t.

CNN sues Trump and White House Aides for banning Jim Acosta

No, no, no! You can't do that no more.

Due process has the floor!

djt's misadministration would **** up an anvil with a rubber hammer.

Back
Top Bottom