• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN requests KUSI for local view on the border, declines our reporter after finding out wall works

Really?

I listened to an interview with the News chief for KUSI.

He stated CNN didn't want them because KUSI confirmed with ICE/BP that the fence in San Diego contributed to massive reduction in illegal entry in San Diego.

Yeah, they walked that back later.

Where did they decline? From Cohen's own words, he really didn't know why they declined. Then he goes on to say it could have been the viewpoint or they just didn't want it. He hadn't spoke to anyone at CNN to find out why.

If you're planning a project and you reach out to say, 25 businesses to see what they can offer, you then decide it's easier to use your own resources, do you call all those 25 back to explain in detail why they weren't picked?

Sorry but I have to go with this guy made an assumption it was political, and has since had to admit he really doesn't know.

Your assumption he made an assumption is noted.... ;)

...And yet, as shown by the above, you do.
  • Value of your resources prior to the sale --> $15,000
  • Value of your resources after the sale --> $15,000
What changed between "before" and "after" the sale? The nature of your resources, not their extent.

When someone else purchases something on one's behalf:
  • Value of one's resources before the purchase --> X
  • Value of one's resources after the purchase --> X + the value of the thing the other person/entity purchased on one's behalf.

Heh. I never said the truck I was selling was worth $15,000. I said I managed to get that much from you.

Your assumption he made an assumption is noted.... ;)

What do I need to assume? These are his words:

Cohen said he never actually spoke to anyone about CNN about why Plante wasn’t used.
It’s certainly plausible that they didn’t want it for the viewpoint, or they just didn’t want it,” he said. “Both are plausible conclusions. I made one rather than the other.”

Yeah, unlike you, the brown hoard knows to go elsewhere rather than try to get through here. Also, unlike you they know to do it in the middle of the night, not in broad daylight.

Also, I imagine the brown hoard would, unlike you, be smart enough to climb the chain link fence further into the desert rather than trying to scale the slat fence.

Haha. #Buildthefence. #Buildthefence. #Buildthefence

They are parked there after they tried to storm the fence a couple of times and got beat back. The fence that worked.

They can park there forever. No evil Mexicans were seen in McAllen, Texas. Matter of fact, McAllen is rated the safest city in Texas. Very low crime rate on right on the border.

Seems the brown hordes are selective doesn't it?

Horde, not hoard; if you are going to insult someone for not being ”smart,” don’t leave yourself open for the “boomerang” effect.
Touché

They can park there forever. No evil Mexicans were seen in McAllen, Texas. Matter of fact, McAllen is rated the safest city in Texas. Very low crime rate on right on the border.

Seems the brown hordes are selective doesn't it?

Ummmm

Who said Mexicans are evil. It wasn't me.

The caravan members at the border attempted to force entry.... But the fence worked...

The local station has already backpedaled on this, FYI

FYI... I heard the same thing, and then I went to the actual TV station's web page and found this:

KUSI News Director issues statement
January 12, 2019 KUSI Newsroom
SAN DIEGO (KUSI)- News Director of KUSI, Steve Cohen, issues statement after reports say KUSI has “backed off accusation” about CNN’s border wall coverage.
Cohen-Statement.png

Full story here: https://bit.ly/2TI0CL6.

If I manage to get you to buy this used truck here for $15,000, and I take that money and buy another, newer truck for $15,000, yes, you paid for my newer truck. Most of us don't conduct business using the models of a fourth grader.

...And yet, as shown by the above, you do.
  • Value of your resources prior to the sale --> $15,000
  • Value of your resources after the sale --> $15,000
What changed between "before" and "after" the sale? The nature of your resources, not their extent.

When someone else purchases something on one's behalf:
  • Value of one's resources before the purchase --> X
  • Value of one's resources after the purchase --> X + the value of the thing the other person/entity purchased on one's behalf.

Heh. I never said the truck I was selling was worth $15,000. I said I managed to get that much from you.

Red:
7mPF.gif

I don't know where or when or whether you have any formal accounting or economics training, but you clearly haven't enough of it to be taken seriously, credibly when remarking on the valuation of property.

At the point of something being sold/purchased, most especially pre-owned items, the price at which it sells fixes the item's fair market value; thus at the the point in time at which the sale occurs, the sum at which it's sold/purchased is its value, is what it's worth. Prior to the moment of the sale, the item's value/worth is but a mere estimate. After the moment of the sale, the item's worth/value again becomes but an estimate, until it is again sold, at which time it's worth will again be fixed at whatever be the most recent selling price.

Before and after a transaction event, the quantity of cash one estimates one can obtain in exchange for the item is its fair market value. The transaction event itself establishes an items actual value at a point in time.

A sale of property is nothing other than the conversion of one's resources into cash. Cash, because it's our medium of exchange, is the only property whereof the face value (the quantity appearing on currency's face) equals its worth at a given point in time. That is why folks have no compunction about exchanging, say, two nickels for a dime.

When you, I or anyone sells property, one declares tacitly that one values cash more than one values the property sold.
  • How much cash is the property worth prior to the sale? There's no telling, but one can estimate its worth.
  • How much cash is it worth at the time of the sale? Whatever one sells it for.
  • How much case is it worth immediately after the sale? There's no telling, but one can estimate its worth. Sell it to a new party and one'll find out exactly what it's worth. Maybe its value will have fallen from what one just paid; maybe it won't have fallen. One must complete the new transaction to find out.
  • When someone says "This object is worth $XXX," they are merely estimating a selling price; the person is stating an appraised value based on his/her knowledge of the item and the market for it. If one sells the item for a sum less/more than the noted $XXX, the appraiser's estimate was off by whatever be the difference between $XXX and the actual selling price.

Red:
7mPF.gif

I don't know where or when or whether you have any formal accounting or economics training, but you clearly haven't enough of it to be taken seriously, credibly when remarking on the valuation of property.

At the point of something being sold/purchased, most especially pre-owned items, the price at which it sells fixes the item's fair market value; thus at the the point in time at which the sale occurs, the sum at which it's sold/purchased is its value, is what it's worth. Prior to the moment of the sale, the item's value/worth is but a mere estimate. After the moment of the sale, the item's worth/value again becomes but an estimate, until it is again sold, at which time it's worth will again be fixed at whatever be the most recent selling price.

Before and after a transaction event, the quantity of cash one estimates one can obtain in exchange for the item is its fair market value. The transaction event itself establishes an items actual value at a point in time.

A sale of property is nothing other than the conversion of one's resources into cash. Cash, because it's our medium of exchange, is the only property whereof the face value (the quantity appearing on currency's face) equals its worth at a given point in time. That is why folks have no compunction about exchanging, say, two nickels for a dime.

When you, I or anyone sells property, one declares tacitly that one values cash more than one values the property sold.
  • How much cash is the property worth prior to the sale? There's no telling, but one can estimate its worth.
  • How much cash is it worth at the time of the sale? Whatever one sells it for.
  • How much case is it worth immediately after the sale? There's no telling, but one can estimate its worth. Sell it to a new party and one'll find out exactly what it's worth. Maybe its value will have fallen from what one just paid; maybe it won't have fallen. One must complete the new transaction to find out.
  • When someone says "This object is worth $XXX," they are merely estimating a selling price; the person is stating an appraised value based on his/her knowledge of the item and the market for it. If one sells the item for a sum less/more than the noted $XXX, the appraiser's estimate was off by whatever be the difference between $XXX and the actual selling price.

What? Buy low and sell high has always been a human enterprise. I mentioned a used truck intentionally. If a marginally valuable used truck causes you to go through what you mention above, I imagine you have to provision yourself just to make a trip to the grocery store. Your above impresses you more than anyone with any sense. You're one of those who writes a treatise about your nose hairs.

What? Buy low and sell high has always been a human enterprise. I mentioned a used truck intentionally. If a marginally valuable used truck causes you to go through what you mention above, I imagine you have to provision yourself just to make a trip to the grocery store. Your above impresses you more than anyone with any sense. You're one of those who writes a treatise about your nose hairs.

And yet, you have no coherent rebuttal to it....

And yet, you have no coherent rebuttal to it....

You haven't made a coherent point. I retired at 57 because I was successful in my business. I don't require a 200 page treatise on how to tie one's shoes. That's your deal. Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom