• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN labels ANTIFA and others "Anti-Hate" protesters

Why? Because they call (most likely for ease I would assume) groups people protesting hate groups as anti-hate groups? Lazy maybe but not really totally incorrect. People work with easy to understand concepts, hate versus not hate.

Antifa might justifiably be seen as violent against "hate groups", but it still is an group that protests hate groups.

All I see is people getting really angry about CNN based on their bias. Sadly that is the state of US politics and media.

And are they a joke? For conservatives yes, but for non-conservatives not really.

You may accuse CNN of bias, but isn't that also a biased view? Just like my views about Foxnews are biased against Foxnews (due to me not being a conservative).

Sadly news has become political just as politics itself.

Calling ANTIFA anti-hate is like calling the NRA anti-gun.

WRONG. WRONG 2. WRONG 3. WRONG 4. WRONG 5.

You need to do some, hell, a whole lotta reading up there pardner. Too much for me to cure here...sorry, no silver bullet, gonna have to work hard to overcome all that. Probably take years.

Dont give up.

Like most conservatives, all you seem capable of doing is insulting people. Combined with the fact that the only possible counterargument you can come up with is to controvert and come up with InfoWars-level fallacy, by all means don't bother.

Calling ANTIFA anti-hate is like calling the NRA anti-gun.

There is nothing wrong with hating "hate". Conservatives like to point that out as if it's something hypocritical when it's not. If you aren't against hate, by the very nature you are in support of it. So hating it does not mean you are hateful, because that would be a contradiction.

However, that does not mean individual ANTIFA members might not have their own prejudices and be hypocritical themselves. But the group as a whole can clearly be defined as an anti-hate group. The derogatory term you are looking for them is violent. They are not anti-violent.

There is nothing wrong with hating "hate". Conservatives like to point that out as if it's something hypocritical when it's not. If you aren't against hate, by the very nature you are in support of it. So hating it does not mean you are hateful, because that would be contradiction.

However, that does not mean individual ANTIFA members might not have their own prejudices and be hypocritical themselves. But the group as a whole can clearly be defined as an anti-hate group. The derogatory term you are looking for them is violent. They are not anti-violent.

They hate...

They hate...

As I already explicitly said, hating hate does not make you hateful. It makes you anti-hate. They are a violent anti-hate group. Call them for what they are.

The thread is predicated on the idea that fascists and fascism is not hateful.

As I already explicitly said, hating hate does not make you hateful. It makes you anti-hate. They are a violent anti-hate group. Call them for what they are.

They are violent thugs.

CNN shows us just how politically biased and out of touch with reality they really are... or another way to put it is, CNN demonstrates why people say they're full of ****.

View attachment 67238026

If you would like to hear them say it, skip to the 1:19 mark on the following video:

They have become such a joke.

If CNN gave a rip they would concern themselves with finding out who is funding these idiots. Antifa is probably associated with Soros. The nazis are likely self supporting along the lines of an outlaw biker gang, and the white supremists are political orphans too stupid to organize. They get like five or six poor white trash types and the media runs with them.

This is not happening by accident. IMO, the proof of organization is now un - organized the white supremists are!

OMG. Are you guys actually serious?? A bunch of KKK/Nazi White Nationalists announce a political rally that basically dies in the street, thousands against a couple dozen, and YOU turn it into a Media Bias Event that covered thousands of protesters against a couple dozen white nationalist/nazis? Seriously? Are y'all really that far down on the morality list, that you would rail against those thousands of individuals protesting racist and nazi views in order to support those same views?

WTF is wrong with you???

This is unbelievably despicable. My mind is blown.

What a curious way to describe the situation that really highlights own illogical you are. First you admit that the KKK/White Nationalists have a pathetic few people, demonstrating that, at some level, you understand they are an irrelevant and marginalized group. Then you soft-pedal the violence that is committed by other groups against them, against innocent people, against the police force trying to maintain safety, against news reporters covering the event.

How very strange.

Same crap happened after charlottesville where the majority of this forum defended the rights of Nazis to say Jews will not replace us.

You do know what free speech is, right?

What a curious way to describe the situation that really highlights own illogical you are. First you admit that the KKK/White Nationalists have a pathetic few people, demonstrating that, at some level, you understand they are an irrelevant and marginalized group. Then you soft-pedal the violence that is committed by other groups against them, against innocent people, against the police force trying to maintain safety, against news reporters covering the event.

How very strange.

Charlottesville...

Much larger, extremely violent, the backlash against that insanity is why so few turned out in DC.

Yea... out of the whole country, that's all they could come up with... pathetic...

They don't have freaking professors on their side hitting people with bike locks.

Delusional thinking.
Yes, let's pretend that white supremacist Nazis just disappeared into thin air and don't exist anymore.
And no attempt by you to pretend that I am defending AntiFa is going to work either, nice try.

Off-Topic:

Is there a reason that you chose to remark upon a parenthetical comment having absolutely nothing to to do with the topic of the post to which you responded nor to the thread topic itself? It's flattering that you opted to remark upon my musings about myself and about how people respond to my remarks, but truly, I suspect neither is what anyone, other maybe than you, actually wants to discuss.

Red:
  • Who are you? Why should I have any recollection of having interacted with you?
    [*]Who is Strangler and what did s/he say? Why should I have any recollection of having interacted with him/her?

Ah. Maybe that explains it. Really long musings are about yourself.
You have no idea who you're talking to because they didn't want to muse about your musings about yourself.

#225 for strangler.
As for me, you mean I'm not the only one to tell you your musings about yourself are too effing long?
That should be something for you to muse over.

Are they or are they not harassing journalists?
an individual male grabbed a camera, has that person been identified? Assumption.

Are they or are they not striking out at those they disagree with?
That sounds like a goal post move, protest is all about "striking out", a loaded term.

Where did you come up with the notion that I like AntiFa?
Oh I know, you're an amateur who thinks you can rack up points by merely running the Straw Man argument.

ETA: I see I have mixed you up with another poster.

Last edited:
Charlottesville...

Much larger, extremely violent, the backlash against that insanity is why so few turned out in DC.

The initial Charlottesville rally also had low numbers.

Intentiional ignorance noted.
I think we are all "ignorant" (lacking knowledge) of whom this individual is. I find it funny that anyone desires to characterize this as "attacking the press" or making 1A noises.

Back
Top Bottom