• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Did Its Job

Loulit01

Leftist Filth
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Criticism of CNN is misguided. Trump is the leading candidate for the republican nomination. Interviewing him is CNN's job. Ms. Collins did very well. She called him on his lies. That he talked over her and continued to lie is not her fault. He was president — it's not like she can get up and bitch slap him.

The crowd was made up of republican voters and uncommited voters who plan to vote in the GOP primary. They have a Pavlovian response to Trump: He lies, they cheer; he behaves like an ass, they cheer. Not Ms. Collin's fault.

I applaud Ms. Collins and CNN for their commitment to the democratic process.

My wife wanted to watch it for some reason I do not understand (she is far more liberal than I am and would never vote for the guy) and I think the chilling moment for me was when the audience applauded Trump's sexual assault.

The event seemed unfair to other candidates.

They could have fact checked him in real time.

I felt a compressed exhaustion that was spread out over 5 years, 2015-2020. Not looking forward to reliving that feeling.

There are no Republican “candidates” that would have done anything but trash whatever paltry poll number that they have now,

Criticism of CNN is misguided. Trump is the leading candidate for the republican nomination. Interviewing him is CNN's job. Ms. Collins did very well. She called him on his lies. That he talked over her and continued to lie is not her fault. He was president — it's not like she can get up and bitch slap him.

The crowd was made up of republican voters and uncommited voters who plan to vote in the GOP primary. They have a Pavlovian response to Trump: He lies, they cheer; he behaves like an ass, they cheer. Not Ms. Collin's fault.

I agree. Not everyone has seen Trump do his thing and heard his supporters cheer him on. Applauding sexual assault. Showing an audience being led around by Trump. Establishing his intent to manipulate. This video will be shown in law schools.

This had Trump speaking on record exposing himself. This will be used in the courts.

It wasnt a real town hall it was bait that Trump took. Now CNN can run the tape whenever they want.

CNN screwed Trump and the left can only see that Trump was on CNN. Partisan bias sucks.

Her job isn't to debate him which is what she attempted to do. That wasn't a debate, it was a town hall.

If she wanted to interview him she needs to ask him for one.

If she wants to debate him she needs to run for office and get up on the stage next to him.

Her job isn't to debate him which is what she attempted to do. That wasn't a debate, it was a town hall.

If she wants to debate him she needs to run for office and get up on the stage next to him.
None of that is true.

None of that is true.

Trump lies, he's corrected, and suddenly, to Trump worshippers, it a debate.

Debate occurs over policy. Trump rarely addresses policy. He doesn't commit to anything until he figures out what serves him best. He just talks shit. When he's held to account, his lovers feel he's being unfairly picked on. That enables them to ignore his lies, and even cheer them cause he's standing up to the system, and to common decent, btw.

Correct, its her job to point out when he lies.

Last edited:

Nah, they did not do their job. For one thing, the race for the nomination hasn't begun yet. If CNN were doing their job, they would treat the campaign as a competitive process and wait to invite all leading candidates to a forum in which they can field questions and ask each other questions. This was basically an opportunity for Trump to get free publicity, and the fact that the CNN interviewer asked tough questions was watered down by the format and the clearly pro-Trump audience (I did watch a few clips and monitored twitter for the commentary).

This was just another example of Trump being normalized and getting special treatment by the media, not because he's a candidate, but because he has entertainment and ratings value.

Oh come off it. Are you really complaining about her being unfair? He lies blatantly, always has, and she shouldn’t ask questions that challenge those lies? If you can handle journalism, read one of the fact-checking accounts of the interview and tell us how you would challenge those. Try the (Gasp!) New York Times list.

The race is not even on yet. This was a money grab, with no impact whatsoever on the 2024 race.

Oh come off it. Are you really complaining about her being unfair? He lies blatantly, always has, and she shouldn’t ask questions that challenge those lies? If you can handle journalism, read one of the fact-checking accounts of the interview and tell us how you would challenge those. Try the (Gasp!) New York Times list.
Unfair and unprofessional

She did not do that either. She interjected her opinions. That is debating.
You have sort of hit upon the problem. Trump lies so easily and consistently, even about stuff that is obviously false and well known, that it is impossible to interview him in a context like this without appearing to be an adversary. Check out the lists of lies from the interview. How would you deal differently than she did with Trump’s falsehoods?

Ms. Collins did very well. She called him on his lies. That he talked over her and continued to lie is not her fault

I agree CNN did its job but Collins was simply not up to the task. Christ, she is only 31 and 2 years removed from white house correspondence. She was out of her league. Trump made a fool of her. She did not even stand up for herself when Trump made his overly sexist remark to her

Last edited:
Unfair and unprofessional
What's unfair and unprofessional is to personally insult a person doing her job.

TRUMP: OK. It’s very simple to answer.​
COLLINS: That’s why I asked it.​
TRUMP: It’s very simple to – you’re a nasty person, I will tell you.​

And childish. Let's not forget childish.

Back
Top Bottom