• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Did Its Job

Also, these are for-profit media corporations, and CNN ratings had been going down since the end of the Trump admin.

Criticism of CNN is misguided. Trump is the leading candidate for the republican nomination. Interviewing him is CNN's job. Ms. Collins did very well. She called him on his lies. That he talked over her and continued to lie is not her fault. He was president — it's not like she can get up and bitch slap him.

The crowd was made up of republican voters and uncommited voters who plan to vote in the GOP primary. They have a Pavlovian response to Trump: He lies, they cheer; he behaves like an ass, they cheer. Not Ms. Collin's fault.

I applaud Ms. Collins and CNN for their commitment to the democratic process.

Anderson Cooper:
"You can make a difference, whatever side of the aisle you're on."

---Not if we're not allowed to even be in the audience!
CNN INTENTIONALLY limited the town hall audience to Trump supporters ONLY.
You sound like a hypocrite apologist, Anderson Cooper.
ANd your boss, Mr. Licht, couldn't care less because HE seems to think CNN will be spared if Trump wins.

Got news for all of you, ALL CNN employees will get two in the head once he wins.

What I want to know is how do other GOP candidates plan to deal with him?

Truth, facts, character, honor, human decency, and principles don't matter. We've never had a candidate or politician who can look you right in the eye, tell you a verifiable lie, and when called out on it, double down and triple down on that lie. And we've never had such a candidate that 30% of the electorate absolutely adores and doesn't care how much he lies - to them! They send him their hard earned money, knowing he has no intention of spending it on the promised purpose.

Trump was completely correct when he said "My followers are so stupid they will never hold me accountable for anything."

Criticism of CNN is misguided. Trump is the leading candidate for the republican nomination. Interviewing him is CNN's job. Ms. Collins did very well. She called him on his lies. That he talked over her and continued to lie is not her fault. He was president — it's not like she can get up and bitch slap him.

The crowd was made up of republican voters and uncommited voters who plan to vote in the GOP primary. They have a Pavlovian response to Trump: He lies, they cheer; he behaves like an ass, they cheer. Not Ms. Collin's fault.

Its not even election season so it didnt need to be done 🤷

Like you dont have to actually interview Trump. He is a known quantity

I don't understand how any person of good conscience, and who gives at least a single **** about facts or journalism, could watch what happened and think "great job CNN."

Also just to be clear on who Kaitlan Collins is

Screenshot_20230511_193255_Reddit.jpg

I think Licht, as the new CEO of CNN, is trying like hell to have a more honest News reporting network instead of a biased mouthpiece.
Fox is ruining their credibility by being mostly an echo chamber for exaggerative partisan, whacko conspiracies.

I used to watch CNN before they started competing against conservative news.

Anderson Cooper:

ANd your boss, Mr. Licht, couldn't care less because HE seems to think CNN will be spared if Trump wins.

Got news for all of you, ALL CNN employees will get two in the head once he wins.
I assume that limiting the audience to Trump supporters only was the price CNN had to pay to get the interview. Not good journalism when you let the interviewee select the live audience.

CNN showed the lunatic in all his glory

CNN showed the lunatic in all his glory
I think - and hope they are right - that folks from the Biden camp said something like the interview provided weeks worth of ads.

I think - and hope they are right - that folks from the Biden camp said something like the interview provided weeks worth of ads.
Trump flaunted his unfitness

Anderson Cooper:

what kind of comment is that?
None of that is true either.
Totally true.

She did not do that either. She interjected her opinions. That is debating.
She expressed facts. She showed actual clips of Trump saying the opposite. She asked semi-tough questions. He called her names! How do you support a man who calls people names like a spoiled nine-year-old?

She expressed facts. She showed actual clips of Trump saying the opposite. She asked semi-tough questions. He called her names! How do you support a man who calls people names like a spoiled nine-year-old?
You mean like the way you call him names 🤣

You mean like the way you call him names 🤣
I have never called him anything but Trump or President Trump. Not once. Not here. Not in real life. You have me mistaken for someone else.

I assume that limiting the audience to Trump supporters only was the price CNN had to pay to get the interview. Not good journalism when you let the interviewee select the live audience.

And then they brought in an election denier to provide commentary.

I have never called him anything but Trump or President Trump. Not once. Not here. Not in real life. You have me mistaken for someone else.
So you didn't call him a spoiled 9yr old...

Trump called her a name. Presidential?
1. It isn't Presidental to allow someone to bully you.

2. Allow me to remind you of something that the left loves to remind everyone of, quite often, Trump is not the President.... yet!

So you didn't call him a spoiled 9yr old...
Is saying a person's behavior is like a spoiled 9yr old name calling? Okay, you got me. It seems like a mild criticism to me rather than name calling.

Back
Top Bottom