• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton faces new questions over emails - CNN

I very much agree with you, and I too desire a progressive agenda - preferably Bernie rather than HRC.

There might indeed be a bucking of the 'opposite party' trend now for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is the GOP overplaying their hand with their decades of tacking hard corporatist/plutarchal, the rise of the youth/minority/LGBT/Bernie movements, and of course the current GOP Trump takeover

My ideal scenario would involve Bernie keeping his movement whole and autonomous, his helping HRC win 2016 (using her as a placeholder), and him concurrently growing the movement to hopefully win office in the future with qualified candidates of likemind!

Well, one can hope!

I personally do not think Bernie will be a viable candidate again... there is the age issue. However, if he can put into place an ideological group that does not get taken over by outside forces, that would be a good think IMO. The problems with many of those movements in the past it that it was driven on personality of one person, and after a time, fizzled out. Any successful ideological movement has to be driven by the ideology, not by a person who holds that ideology.

I personally do not think Bernie will be a viable candidate again... there is the age issue. However, if he can put into place an ideological group that does not get taken over by outside forces, that would be a good think IMO. The problems with many of those movements in the past it that it was driven on personality of one person, and after a time, fizzled out. Any successful ideological movement has to be driven by the ideology, not by a person who holds that ideology.
Exactly.

Bernie's time to contest the White House has come and gone (with most surprised he came this far!) - But hopefully his movement survives driven by his ideology! :thumbs:

Exactly.

Bernie's time to contest the White House has come and gone (with most surprised he came this far!) - But hopefully his movement survives driven by his ideology! :thumbs:

I am absolutely a Bernie supporter, and I am totally amazed he did as well as he did. I am not fond of Clinton, although the conspiracy fueled trolls and swift boaters make her out being a lot worse than she actually is.

[h=3]Emails Show Hillary Clinton's Email Server Was A Massive Security ...[/h]https://www.techdirt.com/.../emails-show-hillary-clintons-email-server-was-m...

Techdirt

1 day ago - The emails, reviewed by The Associated Press, show that State Department technical staff disabled software on their systems intended to block ...

[h=3]Clinton warning about 'accessible' email adds fuel to controversy ...[/h]thehill.com/.../284864-clinton-warning-about-accessible-email-adds-fuel-to-c...

The Hill

23 hours ago - Clinton's emails were then being routed through a server at her home in New York, and Huma Abedin, a top aide, suggested the then-secretary ...

Hillary Clinton cannot and will not survive politically.

Last edited:
Lynch pledges to ‘accept’ FBI, Justice findings in Clinton email probe

The attorney general said she decided to clarify her role in the case after her meeting with Bill Clinton earlier this week raised questions about a conflict of interest: “I certainly wouldn’t do it again." She also directly addressed worries by critics that she — as an Obama administration appointee — could overrule investigators.

Back
Top Bottom