• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate scientists - there are plenty of them out there being ignored or disregarded by mainstream media

Greenhouse gases affect Earth’s energy balance and climate

The Sun serves as the primary energy source for Earth’s climate. Some of the incoming sunlight is reflected directly back into space, especially by bright surfaces such as ice and clouds, and the rest is absorbed by the surface and the atmosphere. Much of this absorbed solar energy is re-emitted as heat (longwave or infrared radiation). The atmosphere in turn absorbs and re-radiates heat, some of which escapes to space. Any disturbance to this balance of incoming and outgoing energy will affect the climate. For example, small changes in the output of energy from the Sun will affect this balance directly.

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

“It is unequivocal that the increase of CO2, methane, and nitrous oxide in the atmosphere over the industrial era is the result of human activities and that human influence is the principal driver of many changes observed across the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere, and biosphere.

“Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact.”13-17

Last edited by a moderator:

“It is unequivocal that the increase of CO2, methane, and nitrous oxide in the atmosphere over the industrial era is the result of human activities and that human influence is the principal driver of many changes observed across the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere, and biosphere.

“Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact.”13-17
I would like to see that in context. Which assessment report or other IPCC literature is that from?

David Deming - PhD & professor (University of Oklahoma)

This video is accurate. Those involved with the IPCC Assessment Reports are practicing scientific malpractice.

Gerd-Rainer Weber - PhD (Free University of Berlin), meteorology

List of Worldwide Scientific Organizations

The following page lists the nearly 200 worldwide scientific organizations that hold the position that climate change has been caused by human action.
From a political office? I went to several links. It only links to the main page. Not what they say. Too much meaningless, political information.

How about some science please? Politics does not belong in science.

From a political office? I went to several links. It only links to the main page. Not what they say. Too much meaningless, political information.

How about some science please? Politics does not belong in science.
Those are scientific organizations

Would you like that? Look it up
They have at least two dozen reports of one type or another. I took several minutes for a search. online. I will pull up the six assessments reports I have saved and search them. Since you are unwilling to link the material, I suspect it is made up or paraphrased. Since you are unwilling to link the material, I say its invalid. Probably came from a lying blogger.

They have at least two dozen reports of one type or another. I took several minutes for a search. online. I will pull up the six assessments reports I have saved and search them. Since you are unwilling to link the material, I suspect it is made up or paraphrased. Since you are unwilling to link the material, I say its invalid. Probably came from a lying blogger.
It's from the nasa consensus page which I have posted repeatedly and it's references are linked at the bottom

It's from the nasa consensus page which I have posted repeatedly and it's references are linked at the bottom
He never read it.

When you know more than the scientists, you don’t need to read their stuff, silly.

Ooooooh an opinion

Dismissed
Did you listen to it? He is 100% that the scientific consensus on the medieval warming is overwhelming, but removed from more recent IPCC material after the Hickey Stick, which is also scientific malpractice. Years ago, I pointed out one major cherry picking involved in its creation. There is other valid critism os the hockey stick. Mine was tracing a scientific mission where 18 samples were taken off the coast of Africa. Some of those samples were incomplete, but almost a dozen were complete samples. Mann used three of the proxy samples that showed warming, and exuded the ones that were neutral, and even showed cooling.

That is not science.

Other proxy samples have similar problems in his research.

Did you listen to it? He is 100% that the scientific consensus on the medieval warming is overwhelming, but removed from more recent IPCC material after the Hickey Stick, which is also scientific malpractice. Years ago, I pointed out one major cherry picking involved in its creation. There is other valid critism os the hockey stick. Mine was tracing a scientific mission where 18 samples were taken off the coast of Africa. Some of those samples were incomplete, but almost a dozen were complete samples. Mann used three of the proxy samples that showed warming, and exuded the ones that were neutral, and even showed cooling.

That is not science.

Other proxy samples have similar problems in his research.
Ooooooooh an opinion

So, its from a blog like I suspected. At least now, I can find the material and read it in full context. But worse yet, its not from the science material they provide, but the material for policy makers.

You really need to link quotes please. Why do you think people accept your word?

So, its from a blog like I suspected. At least now, I can find the material and read it in full context. But worse yet, its not from the science material they provide, but the material for policy makers.

You really need to link quotes please. Why do you think people accept your word?
So it's not from a YouTube video?

Hahahahaha

So it's not from a YouTube video?

Hahahahaha
At least what has been posted by Neil are scientists speaking out against what other scientists are said to say, who do not speak on the topic, but just write papers that are misconstrued by the public.

At least what has been posted by Neil are scientists speaking out against what other scientists are said to say, who do not speak on the topic, but just write papers that are misconstrued by the public.
Hey guys look what I found on youtube!!!!!!

Hahahahaha

Hey guys look what I found on youtube!!!!!!

Hahahahaha
first_they_ignore_you.jpg

I haven't found this yet. Too bad you rarely ever verify the material you link.
This I found in the WG1 Full Report, reference 15. In full context:

Understanding of the fundamental features of the climate system is robust and well established.
Scientists in the 19th-century identified the major natural factors influencing the climate system. They also
hypothesized the potential for anthropogenic climate change due to carbon dioxide (CO2) emitted by fossil
fuel combustion. The principal natural drivers of climate change, including changes in incoming solar
radiation, volcanic activity, orbital cycles, and changes in global biogeochemical cycles, have been studied
systematically since the early 20th century. Other major anthropogenic drivers, such as atmospheric aerosols
(fine solid particles or liquid droplets), land-use change and non-CO2 greenhouse gases, were identified by
the 1970s. Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the
warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact. Past projections of global surface
temperature and the pattern of warming are broadly consistent with subsequent observations (limited
evidence, high agreement), especially when accounting for the difference in radiative forcing scenarios used
for making projections and the radiative forcings that actually occurred.

All this does is correctly acknowledge we have an effect. Please note. It says it isn't ready. Have you seen a fully released final version yet? I haven't looked yet to see if its available, but they also caution people not to quote it.

Final Government Distribution Chapter 1 IPCC AR6 WGI
Do Not Cite, Quote or Distribute

You really should verify any information you link when it comes from bloggers. They often misconstrue or flat out lie.

I will post again when I do or do not find the first sentence, but so far it appears to be made up by the bloggers. maybe you care to find it?

Back
Top Bottom