• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate scientists - there are plenty of them out there being ignored or disregarded by mainstream media

Do that too. I prefer a multi pronged approach. That's good science
Good R&D practices eliminate non viable branches of research.
People will continue to do battery research, but until there is a major breakthrough,
in battery energy density, transport with battery power will be limited to a niche market of cars,
and some low duty cycle applications.
Because nature has already evolved a high energy density storage medium, a better approach is to pattern the
research along those paths.

Good R&D practices eliminate non viable branches of research.
People will continue to do battery research, but until there is a major breakthrough,
in battery energy density, transport with battery power will be limited to a niche market of cars,
and some low duty cycle applications.
Because nature has already evolved a high energy density storage medium, a better approach is to pattern the
research along those paths.
Oh is that your non expert opinion in this area?

OK thanks. Lol

Yeah but not in this area. Come on dude. You're not a expert here
Actually much of my experience is in the energy sector, and R&D is at the root of the
scientific method, with the difference being you are trying to solve a real problem vs describing
a natural event.
The physics does not change with the application, we have a sustainable energy problem,
and the current best batteries lack several attributes to allow them to replace the energy we get from fossil fuels.
Energy density,
wikipedia energy density
Gasoline 12,888.9 Wh/kg
Lithium-ion battery 100.00–243.06 Wh/kg
Even counting a bad Carnot efficiency for IC engines (20%) gasoline still has 2,577.78 Wh/kg, over
ten times the energy density as the best batteries.
BTW the best hybrids have an efficiency of 40% so can extract 5,156 Wh/kg from gasoline.
I am not saying someone will not come up with a battery that will solve all the problems,
but it is a very steep hill to climb.
In the meantime carbon neutral fuels would put energy sustainability AND by default net zero CO2 emissions within our grasp.
Battery electric cars, will not!

Actually much of my experience is in the energy sector, and R&D is at the root of the
scientific method, with the difference being you are trying to solve a real problem vs describing
a natural event.
The physics does not change with the application, we have a sustainable energy problem,
and the current best batteries lack several attributes to allow them to replace the energy we get from fossil fuels.
Energy density,
wikipedia energy density
Gasoline 12,888.9 Wh/kg
Lithium-ion battery 100.00–243.06 Wh/kg
Even counting a bad Carnot efficiency for IC engines (20%) gasoline still has 2,577.78 Wh/kg, over
ten times the energy density as the best batteries.
BTW the best hybrids have an efficiency of 40% so can extract 5,156 Wh/kg from gasoline.
I am not saying someone will not come up with a battery that will solve all the problems,
but it is a very steep hill to climb.
In the meantime carbon neutral fuels would put energy sustainability AND by default net zero CO2 emissions within our grasp.
Battery electric cars, will not!
I don't care who you think you are

You are not a recognized expert in this area in this forum

Your claim is dismissed

I don't care who you think you are

You are not a recognized expert in this area in this forum

Your claim is dismissed
The difference is that you lack the qualifications to render an opinion.

I am God. I am an expert in all things

This is fun!!!!!!!
I bring logic, and link supported reasoning to the discussion,
Tell us again what it is you contribute to the discussion?

I bring logic, and link supported reasoning to the discussion,
Tell us again what it is you contribute to the discussion?
I bring omniscience.

I think that wins. Lol

Since you hate this country you should move to Russia

This is fun!!!!
I just hate what libtards are turning it into.

The USSA. I'll take the USA anyday over you guys' desire to change it to the USSA.

Oh is that your non expert opinion in this area?

OK thanks. Lol
Why do you constantly try to knock people down? Do you have an inferiority complex making you feel better when you do so?

Yeah but not in this area. Come on dude. You're not a expert here
And you are just antagonizing people because you have no expertise to judge. I think its funny, because you just make yourself look really bad in doing so.

Back
Top Bottom