• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chuck Todd rips NBC News for hiring former RNC chair Ronna McDaniel

SuperDS77

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I find this whole circumstance with Romney being a paid contributor to NBC troubling and am suspicious of her motives.

I also find Chuck Todd's, a hardcore democrat, reaction it richly ironic and loaded with projection.

"
CNN —

Former “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd delivered a stunning rebuke of NBC News on Sunday, blasting the network for hiring former Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel as a paid political analyst.

Todd, who serves as the network’s chief political analyst, delivered his scathing criticism after McDaniel made her debut on the network during an interview with current “Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker.

“There’s a reason a lot of journalists at NBC News are uncomfortable with this,” Todd said, explaining that under McDaniel, the RNC engaged in “gaslighting” and “character assassination” when dealing with the news media.

As RNC chair, McDaniel was a prominent election denier, working to help disgraced former President Donald Trump subvert the 2020 vote. She also has a long track record for demonizing the news media, including launching ugly attacks on NBC News journalists and MSNBC hosts.

It is unusual and widely considered unethical for a news organization to put an election denier on its payroll, never mind someone who for years has smeared the credibility of the organization and its journalists.

Welker disclosed at the top of her Sunday morning program that the interview was scheduled to take place prior to NBC News announcing McDaniel would be a paid contributor. Welker also said she was not involved in McDaniel’s hiring.

“I think our bosses owe you an apology for putting you in this situation,” Todd told Welker during the roundtable discussion that followed the interview.

A spokesperson for NBC News declined to comment on Todd’s remarks."

I find this whole circumstance with Romney being a paid contributor to NBC troubling and am suspicious of her motives.

I also find Chuck Todd's, a hardcore democrat, reaction it richly ironic and loaded with projection.

"
CNN —

Former “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd delivered a stunning rebuke of NBC News on Sunday, blasting the network for hiring former Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel as a paid political analyst.

Todd, who serves as the network’s chief political analyst, delivered his scathing criticism after McDaniel made her debut on the network during an interview with current “Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker.

“There’s a reason a lot of journalists at NBC News are uncomfortable with this,” Todd said, explaining that under McDaniel, the RNC engaged in “gaslighting” and “character assassination” when dealing with the news media.

As RNC chair, McDaniel was a prominent election denier, working to help disgraced former President Donald Trump subvert the 2020 vote. She also has a long track record for demonizing the news media, including launching ugly attacks on NBC News journalists and MSNBC hosts.

It is unusual and widely considered unethical for a news organization to put an election denier on its payroll, never mind someone who for years has smeared the credibility of the organization and its journalists.

Welker disclosed at the top of her Sunday morning program that the interview was scheduled to take place prior to NBC News announcing McDaniel would be a paid contributor. Welker also said she was not involved in McDaniel’s hiring.

“I think our bosses owe you an apology for putting you in this situation,” Todd told Welker during the roundtable discussion that followed the interview.

A spokesperson for NBC News declined to comment on Todd’s remarks."

Isn’t this move exactly the sort of “swampy” corruption that Trumpers pretend to be against? Revolving door of politics, special interests, and cushy media jobs

Isn’t this move exactly the sort of “swampy” corruption that Trumpers pretend to be against? Revolving door of politics, special interests, and cushy media jobs
Yes. 100%

How about you leftists> Agree?

Dear every non-faux news service,

If we wanted to hear prominent Republicans lie their asses off, we'd watch faux.

Thanks,

People who don't watch faux

Hiring a former Republican isn't necessarily wrong. All networks should try for balance.

It's hiring an election denier I have a problem with. Whichever party they favor they should support democracy.

Doesn't a former chairman of the RNC (Michael Steele) serve as a regular contributor to MSNBC?

I don’t like it.
We have found common ground. Unfortunately, the mainstream media is replete with former DNC this and RNC that.
I didn’t like when Obama got speaking fees after his presidency. And I didn’t like it when Kushner got $2B from the Saudis
Yes this is a problem. Clinton getting paid for a speech in Russia while his wife was SOS not a great look either.

Then you have Biden selling books, no problem with that, and setting up separate "S" corps to avoid paying medicaid and SS taxes.

Hiring a former Republican isn't necessarily wrong. All networks should try for balance the truth
Fixed it to fit with a better set of values. It isn't helpful to finding the truth to hire liars.

Doesn't a former chairman of the RNC (Michael Steele) serve as a regular contributor to MSNBC?
Yes, and he's not a liar or an intellectual midget. I listened to his radio show with a Democratic co-host Rick Ungar for years before MSNBC hired him. He's eminently reasonable.

Fixed it to fit with a better set of values. It isn't helpful to finding the truth to hire liars.

I don't find much truth in politics. The next best thing is to tell both sides.

Yes, and he's not a liar or an intellectual midget. I listened to his radio show with a Democratic opponent for years before MSNBC hired him. He's eminently reasonable.
Now we're going to argue whether a network should have somebody like him on versus a person who tried to overturn the will of the people.

Now we're going to argue whether a network should have somebody like him on versus a person who tried to overturn the will of the people.

NBC is trying to reach an audience that they don't currently have.

The current customers aren't really enough to pay the bills. It's a business.

I don't find much truth in politics. The next best thing is to tell both sides.
Sometimes telling "both sides" means telling the truth on one hand and a blatant lie on another. That is not journalism.

I don’t like it.

I didn’t like when Obama got speaking fees after his presidency. And I didn’t like it when Kushner got $2B from the Saudis
The two examples are as different as can be. IMO ;)

NBC is trying to reach an audience that they don't currently have.

The current customers aren't really enough to pay the bills. It's a business.

Reason number one for why American media is predominantly clickbait garbage.

Joe Scarborough is a former R Congressperson, Nicole Wallace is a former G.W. Bush staffer,Micheal Steele recently became a co-host, David Jolly former R congressmen is an anilist, Matt Dowd was a strategist for Bush-Cheney. MSNBC isn't totally partisan although they pay no Election deniers, so far.
Ronna McDaniel is a shrill lying bitch.;)

Joe Scarborough is a former R Congressperson, Nicole Wallace is a former G.W. Bush staffer,Micheal Steele recently became a co-host, David Jolly former R congressmen is an anilist, Matt Dowd was a strategist for Bush-Cheney. MSNBC isn't totally partisan although they pay no Election deniers, so far.
Ronna McDaniel is a shrill lying bitch.;)

Your opinion of her might change after a year or two of her on MSNBC.

It's not about former roles, it's about actions and words during the performance of said roles. Ronna supported Trump in the "big lie" of 2020 and is therefore not worthy of being a contributor to any news organization.

Back
Top Bottom