• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christmas music is coming!

Ancient Herald

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
now that phase two of the holiday season is over, it's on to phase three, then the new year comes.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT....

Before then comes the Christmas music.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like some Christmas music. My favorite is Holly Jolly Christmas.

The thing about the coming season though, and it happens every year.

First, you'll start hearing an occasional Christmas tune. like maybe once or twice or even three times per day.
then it'll become once or twice an hour.

And THEN....

before you know it....

That's all you'll hear in the stores and on the radio, well except for maybe satellite.

Nothing but Christmas music non stop for twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

At least for a few weeks anyhow.

So I don't listen to my radio at all during the grand ole month of December, and i stay out of stores as much as I can.

in short they just play the music too much when it should be used occasionally.

So there you go.

Some of my favorites:

I heard it today when I walked into Olive Garden.

For some of us, the holiday music adds pressure or is just depressing. We remember fondly through the fuzzy lens of childhood our own "white Christmases" or their lack.

Twenty years ago I could've gone the rest of my life without ever suffering again Burl Ive's or Brenda Lee or "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." Now I'm much more hostile. :twisted:

I also really like this one?

I'm an expat living in the third world and they were already playing Christmas music in the malls here as of October. :doh

I rather like the silent monks performing the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah.

Have you ever been fortunate to be in a place where a flash mob shows up and starts performing? For the believer it is glorious. Whether it is in a mall or on the street the piece they play and/or sing is often very familiar and you find yourself singing along with strangers but they are not really. One of the most popular songs performed by flash mobs all over the world is Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Ode to Joy. He wrote it while he was ill and deaf and never heard it performed. When he was conducting the first time it was performed in public, he had no idea how it would be perceived until he turned around and saw the audience on their feet applauding. Joyful Joyful we adore thee.....

Sure hope I get to experience a flash mob this year......

If they are a flash mob why do they still have clothes on?

Back
Top Bottom