• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian pregnancy centers freak out after CA turns tables

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
California Law Adds New Twist To Abortion, Religious Freedom Debate : Shots - Health News : NPR

Full bill

Further parsed

Oh, but now it's not okay! TRAP laws were peachy keen, jellybean but shoe on other foot? Cue widespread panic in the streets.

Sucks to be them.

Hopefully they have the courage to disobey these evil decrees. And hopefully the murderers who passed them repent before they burn in Hell.

I think it is wrong to force them but saying they are evil decrees is going a bit over the top too. Also, they are not murderers by just saying that someone has options to choose from. Most likely these women will never go for these options or else they would not have gone to a Christian institution.

What's the real point of this law, except to demonstrate the California lawmakers are pro-abortion?

What's the real point of this law, except to demonstrate the California lawmakers are pro-abortion?

The purpose is to make sure women are informed of their rights, so naturally you can see why this would upset adherents of any religion that wants to make womens' decisions for them.

The purpose is to make sure women are informed of their rights, so naturally you can see why this would upset adherents of any religion that wants to make womens' decisions for them.

Do we have all our rights posted in grocery stores with regard to food safety? I wonder what rights about food safety I don't know about because there isn't a giant poster on the wall of every grocery store. Be honest man, this is targeted. This is purely political. Why all of a sudden now? Abortion has been legal for decades, do you think no one knew that?

Would you say the same of TRAP laws?

Targeted, indeed.

From what I have read that these are in fact private non-profit organizations that do most of this through donations.
no where do I see that they receive state funding to do this.

therefore the state of CA has nor right to dictate to them what they post in their building more so if it goes against their religious views.
people really need to read the 1st amendment.

Hopefully they have the courage to disobey these evil decrees. And hopefully the murderers who passed them repent before they burn in Hell.

"Evil decrees?"

Are you afraid that if women understand their legal rights that they will immediately run off and grab free condoms? Do you think a woman that shows up at a crises pregnancy center looking for help to continue her pregnancy, will see that sign and immediately run out to get an abortion?

Perhaps, the woman will see the sign and learn about how she can get free birth control to ensure she does not have another unwanted pregnancy. You call that evil?

I think an attitude of trying to force women to be subordinate to men is much more evil.

Am I mistaken, they can refuse....they just cannot refuse and expect any financial support.

I could be totally wrong.

They're conspirators with respect to murder.

Some amount of new mothers who are unsure of whether or not to kill the kid will. And even if zero actually did, the purpose of such a sign is to promote that activity.

I know. They know what they're supporting is a murder, and who can guess as to what they're REALLY after. Hint - it ain't choice and it ain't women's rights. That's just what they want you to think. The thing that troubles me is "what do liberals REALLY want? Whatever it is, it may be really bad, and yet very desirable.

There is no effort or desire to force women into subservience. You say that only to protect abortion. 40 years is too long. Abortion must be criminalized.

They REALLY gotta find some new talking points.

That is going to be a problem because that and the usual nonsense they try are all they have. They are not even creative IMHO, they are throwing the kitchen sink at it (Hitler, Nazi, holocaust, murder, slaughter, child murderers, etc. etc. etc.) but the funniest is the dehumanizing nonsense, because they only care about the "humanity" of a clump of cells with no feeling and no rights and denounce the humanity and proven civil rights and liberties of the actual person/human being in this whole process (the pregnant women specifically and womankind in general) and more than denounce those rights, they would love to take those rights in favor of a zygote.

I don't mind this requirement...as long as it's factual information. ( i'd prefer to also see something about adoption in there.. but that's not gonna happen)

one thing that's a bit odd to me is that this is described as "notifying women of their productive rights".. when that's simply not true.... it's simply an advertisement for services

a notification of rights would simply being a notice stipulating that it's the right of every woman to make their own choice regarding their reproductive decisions. to include abortion, adoption, having the baby etc ,etc.
so yeah.. this isn't about notifying woman about their rights.. it's just an advertisement for state services.

oh, and one more pet peeve... stop using the term " comprehensive family planning" and then listing abortion ,contraception, etc etc etc.
"comprehensive family planning" is supposed to be the umbrella that all that stuff falls under, it's not a separate thing all on it's own..

for example.. from the notification "...comprehensive family planning services (including all FDA-approved methods of contraception), prenatal care, and abortion for eligible women."
that should read "....comprehensive family planning services (including all FDA-approved methods of contraception, prenatal care, and abortion) for eligible women."
abortion and prenatal care are supposed to be part of comprehensive family planning.... not separate from it.
or am i missing something here?

you'd have a point if this was a notification of rights... but it's not... it's an advertisement of state services.

What their leader, the devil, wants is for as many people as possible to damn themselves.

They're conspirators with respect to murder.

I know. They know what they're supporting is a murder

The word is abortion. When you people use the word murder, you are committing two logical fallacies, the fallacy of equivocation, and the appeal to emotion fallacy. It does nothing for your argument, except to weaken it.

Now, my prediction will be that the response to this post will be MORE appeals to emotion. Let's see if I'm right.

What their leader, the devil, wants is for as many people as possible to damn themselves.

I would sell my soul to the devil to save the world from the pestilence, world wide genocide, starvation your bitch of a god has inflicted on the world.

There is no effort or desire to force women into subservience. You say that only to protect abortion. 40 years is too long. Abortion must be criminalized.

Then I have to ask you - HOW can you criminalize abortion, as you suggest, and not make women subservient? The act of criminalization by itself forces a woman who is pregnant with an unwanted child to carry it to term. And, then what? What are her options? Adoption? You would certainly put orphanages back in business, because right now, every state has waiting lists of children to be adopted that languish in foster homes until 18. Or, would you force the women to raise these unwanted offspring? That sounds like a recipe for disaster since they're aborting because they're not able to raise a child.

The other question I have for you is what punishment would you levy against women who went the back-alley abortion route? You're claiming that abortion is murder, so are you ready to charge them with murder? Life in prison?

I'd really like to hear your ideas because I don't think you've thought this through.

Why do you enter the fray? If they're sinning, why don't you just go about your merry way and let God handle it? Why do you try to prevent them from using the free will God gave them?

Why do you enter the fray? If they're sinning, why don't you just go about your merry way and let God handle it? Why do you try to prevent them from using the free will God gave them?

Good point on the 'free will' point.

Control is the issue. Always has been, always will be. It's never been about 'life.' If it were, they'd be for stronger gun laws, no war, no hungry children, etc., etc., etc.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…