• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian churches began the system of education in America and form its backbone today

Correct they get mocked and abused but it's NOT okay. It seems to be okay to mock and abuse Christians.

Good, they deserve to be mocked. Anyone dumb enough to believe in talking snakes, levitation tricks, virgins being impregnated by ghosts and flying flaming chariots driven by four-eyed 'beings' has to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The 'young earth creationists' are some of the dumbest, worst educated individuals you can find, and the evangelical idiots who come banging on my door on a Sunday morning, asking me if I 'spoke to god' that day, are lucky to get away without a fat lip. Screw the lot of the god-deluded fools.

I'll give you one example of several. Atheists control the science curricula which excludes the teaching of creationism in favor of secular atheistic nonsense.
Again, the majority of people in America are Christian so the majority of people making the decisions on school science curricula will be Christian. Most Christians don't take a literal interpretation of Biblical creationism and don't support it being taught in science classes. Not teaching creationism (and especially not only teaching your preferred interpretation of Biblical creationism) isn't atheistic, it's just secular.

I'll give you one example of several. Atheists control the science curricula which excludes the teaching of creationism in favor of secular atheistic nonsense.

You’re complaining that science curricula teach science instead of religion? Really? That’s just odd.

And then he said.....get those slaves back to work!!!!

I think you probably share similar negative opinions about America and God that so many anarchists currently rioting in the streets have towards America, Jesus and Christians.

BLM abolish America protest.jpg

Again, the majority of people in America are Christian so the majority of people making the decisions on school science curricula will be Christian. Most Christians don't take a literal interpretation of Biblical creationism and don't support it being taught in science classes. Not teaching creationism (and especially not only teaching your preferred interpretation of Biblical creationism) isn't atheistic, it's just secular.

Yes, the majority of Americans likely support evolution, an atheist science theory which runs contrary to the Biblical record. I don't share religious views of those Christians that support evolution any more than I supported the religious views of those Christians who supported slavery and the KKK. For the record, Darwinian evolution is racist by nature. There is no way to deny that fact. Darwinists believed the first humans to emerge from animals were blacks and whites came later as evolution progressed.

You’re complaining that science curricula teach science instead of religion? Really? That’s just odd.

I am not complaining. We have a Christian school and we teach facts not speculations. I'm just pointing out that atheists teach kids scientific speculations as facts but those speculations are wrong.

Actually most Christians do, but since they aren't up in your face, you don't notice them like you do the ones like marke.

i've said that before.

problem is the (fake) christians, who are using religion to sell hate/push their political agenda/push their social agenda, are THE loudest and suck all the attention away from the real christians (big hearts, help people, etc).

it's a total shame.

Yes, the majority of Americans likely support evolution, an atheist science theory which runs contrary to the Biblical record. I don't share religious views of those Christians that support evolution any more than I supported the religious views of those Christians who supported slavery and the KKK.
I couldn't care less who you support. We're talking about your assertion that atheists have taken over the US education system. That is not true. You've probably come as close as you ever will to admitting it is not true and hopefully anyone reading your posts will be able to see that for what it is.

I am not complaining. We have a Christian school and we teach facts not speculations. I'm just pointing out that atheists teach kids scientific speculations as facts but those speculations are wrong.

Not according to scientific consensus. You are wrong

Yes, the majority of Americans likely support evolution, an atheist science theory which runs contrary to the Biblical record. I don't share religious views of those Christians that support evolution any more than I supported the religious views of those Christians who supported slavery and the KKK. For the record, Darwinian evolution is racist by nature. There is no way to deny that fact. Darwinists believed the first humans to emerge from animals were blacks and whites came later as evolution progressed.

I oppose teaching arabic numerals in schools and especially al-jabr to older kids but they keep pushing it in my liberal schools... :2razz:

Bingo, anyone?

Christian churches built all the first universities in America which still stand today. Christians also bore the lion's share of responsibility for educating grammar school kids for the first few hundred years in America.

It depends on what you mean by America. If you mean the US, the title seems to be up for grabs - see First university in the United States - Wikipedia.

As noted there:

"First university in the United States is a status asserted by more than one U.S. university. Historically, when the Philippines was still a United States territory, the University of Santo Tomas (established in 1611) was considered the oldest university under the American flag.[1] Presently in the United States, there is no official definition of what entitles an institution to be considered a university versus a college, and the common understanding of university has evolved over time. ...

"The issue is further confused by the fact that at time of founding of many of the institutions in question, the United States didn't exist as a sovereign nation. Moreover, questions of institutional continuity sometimes make it difficult to determine the true "age" of any institution. Furthermore, contesting of the status of first university should not be confused with the contesting of the status of oldest public university in the United States, which is a title claimed by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (first operating), University of Georgia (first chartered), and the College of William & Mary (initially private)."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

So - you pays your money & you takes your chances.

If you mean the Western Hemisphere, it's a different winner:

"The Universidad Santo Tomás de Aquino (or University of Saint Thomas Aquinas) in present-day Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) was the first university in the New World. Founded as a seminary for Roman Catholic monks of the Dominican Order in 1518, it was made a university by a papal bill on October 28, 1538."

(See https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...niversity,by a papal bill on October 28, 1538.)

Love me, love ...

As that article makes clear, Christians established educational institutions, earlier in Europe and later in the New World, primarily for the purpose of educating religious ministers and more widely proselytising. It was only when those institutions moved away from the purely theological bent and developed more diverse and secular curricula that they became relevant as mainstream education.

It should be noted that in those early periods, the Christian churches maintained much of the financial and political power, so few others would have had the resources to create educational institutions without church support (and thus control). If anyone had sought to establish any kind of secular educations at that point in time, I have no doubt the churches would have used their power to push back against them.

I'm not sure what mocking you're referring to here. Nobody mocks the modern secular institutions which grew out of those earlier Christian institutions (at least not in this context) though some may well mock or challenge modern attempts to present faith and proselyting as actual education or efforts to limit or alter curricula or teaching on the basis of specific religious beliefs alone.

early periods, the Christian churches maintained - Certainly once the Christian church was adopted by the Roman Empire, under Constantine. Apparently, he was trying to prop up the Roman state, & needed organized, hierarchical & literate people. & the pagan religions had their own rites, organizations, clergy, & so on. Which the Christian churches essentially went to war against.

Maybe the first of the culture wars?

Into each life

Christians conducted most secondary education in America in the 19th and early 20th century, before atheists began to take control. Creation was taught in schools at the time of the Scopes Monkey Trial in 1925 but atheists later began making greater inroads into turning education away from God as time went on. Today Christian education is by far the best but atheistic philosophy is generally the dominant force governing most public schools of today.

If you want a war on Modernity, just say so. Otherwise, you can't have it both ways: Either the US should have remained (mythologically) a Puritan nation, or we should have become a modern economically & ideologically proselytizing nation - which is what we became in the 1890s or so - the Spanish American War, & so on.

Caveat emptor

In the US, if you want theology in your science, you have to go to a religious school - Roman Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim - whatever flavor it is that you favor. (& not all religious schools will give you that good ol' time religion, either - you have to pick & choose carefully, to get what you want.)

No, what controls the science curricula in the US is the judiciary, which since the disestablishment of state churches in the US & the extension of federal precedents to the states, has consistently ruled against theology masquerading as science in the public schools (see Kitzmiller et al. v. Dover, for instance - see listing @ Ten Major Court Cases about Evolution and Creationism | National Center for Science Education). The private schools & home schooling are still free to teach what they want, as long it's not damaging to the public commonweal.

Quo vadis?

emerge from animals? Did Darwin draw a hard & fast line between humanity & the rest of creation (he was educated to be an Anglican country parson, as I recall)?

& certainly DNA studies (among others) indicate that humanity originated in Africa, & Black people who have never left Africa have the most complete human genome. Or is that just a figment of someone's imagination?

I couldn't care less who you support. We're talking about your assertion that atheists have taken over the US education system. That is not true. You've probably come as close as you ever will to admitting it is not true and hopefully anyone reading your posts will be able to see that for what it is.

When I say atheists and hedonists have taken over public education I am referring to (among other things) the almost universal acceptance of evolutionist nonsense as science even though it is not even true Evolution is not just accepted but also all but mandated in secular godless education.

I oppose teaching arabic numerals in schools and especially al-jabr to older kids but they keep pushing it in my liberal schools... :2razz:

Biden is pushing for more Muslim teachings in public schools. That is just another reason I favor Christian schools.

PolitiFact | Facebook post takes Biden's comments on teaching Islam in schools out of context

As presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden spoke in support of increasing Muslim American voter turnout at a recent summit, he said he wished American schoolchildren were taught more about Islam.

Biden thanked advocacy group Emgage Action for endorsing his campaign and having him at their "Million Muslim Votes" event July 20. Then he said: "I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith.

With Biden, of course, it is all about getting the Islamic vote. H does not really care about Muslims or their religion.

Last edited:
Re: Bingo, anyone?

It depends on what you mean by America. If you mean the US, the title seems to be up for grabs - see First university in the United States - Wikipedia.

As noted there:

"First university in the United States is a status asserted by more than one U.S. university. Historically, when the Philippines was still a United States territory, the University of Santo Tomas (established in 1611) was considered the oldest university under the American flag.[1] Presently in the United States, there is no official definition of what entitles an institution to be considered a university versus a college, and the common understanding of university has evolved over time. ...

"The issue is further confused by the fact that at time of founding of many of the institutions in question, the United States didn't exist as a sovereign nation. Moreover, questions of institutional continuity sometimes make it difficult to determine the true "age" of any institution. Furthermore, contesting of the status of first university should not be confused with the contesting of the status of oldest public university in the United States, which is a title claimed by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (first operating), University of Georgia (first chartered), and the College of William & Mary (initially private)."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

So - you pays your money & you takes your chances.

If you mean the Western Hemisphere, it's a different winner:

"The Universidad Santo Tomás de Aquino (or University of Saint Thomas Aquinas) in present-day Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) was the first university in the New World. Founded as a seminary for Roman Catholic monks of the Dominican Order in 1518, it was made a university by a papal bill on October 28, 1538."

(See https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...niversity,by a papal bill on October 28, 1538.)

Our church still supports Christian education and our Christian school kids are getting a high quality education compared to most public schools. Our kids do as well in life as any, with some doing much better than others, just as is true among all high school graduates from all schools.

Re: Into each life

If you want a war on Modernity, just say so. Otherwise, you can't have it both ways: Either the US should have remained (mythologically) a Puritan nation, or we should have become a modern economically & ideologically proselytizing nation - which is what we became in the 1890s or so - the Spanish American War, & so on.

Christians like me oppose evils such as abortion and sexual immorality, among many others. We also oppose anarchy and rebellion by uncivilized mobs.

Re: Caveat emptor

In the US, if you want theology in your science, you have to go to a religious school - Roman Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim - whatever flavor it is that you favor. (& not all religious schools will give you that good ol' time religion, either - you have to pick & choose carefully, to get what you want.)

No, what controls the science curricula in the US is the judiciary, which since the disestablishment of state churches in the US & the extension of federal precedents to the states, has consistently ruled against theology masquerading as science in the public schools (see Kitzmiller et al. v. Dover, for instance - see listing @ Ten Major Court Cases about Evolution and Creationism | National Center for Science Education). The private schools & home schooling are still free to teach what they want, as long it's not damaging to the public commonweal.

Darwinists make a huge mistake when they refuse to consider the fact that God created the universe and life on earth.

Last edited:
Re: Quo vadis?

emerge from animals? Did Darwin draw a hard & fast line between humanity & the rest of creation (he was educated to be an Anglican country parson, as I recall)?

& certainly DNA studies (among others) indicate that humanity originated in Africa, & Black people who have never left Africa have the most complete human genome. Or is that just a figment of someone's imagination?

Evolution is a theory which started as speculation. Darwinists over time have added massive amounts of new speculations, assumptions, biased interpretations and guesses to the mix and have com up with a monstrous edifice they call settled evolutionary science. There is nothing whatsoever settled or scientific about evolution assumptions.

When I say atheists and hedonists have taken over public education I am referring to (among other things) the almost universal acceptance of evolutionist nonsense as science even though it is not even true Evolution is not just accepted but also all but mandated in secular godless education.
So you're not actually referring to atheists taking over at all, you're just (mis)using the word atheist as a term of hate and attack for people and policies you don't like, regardless of whether then people involved are actually atheist or not. And now you're doubling down with the even more irrelevant term "hedonist".

If you have any actual points to make about what you believe should or should not be taught in schools and why, feel free to start a discussion about them.

Sure. And pagan middle easterners started human civilization and the system of monetary currency in trade. Pagan Greeks started western civilization and philosophy. Our systems of writing and alphabet and institutions of political administration were founded by pagan Romans.

What of it? Different cultures with different religions and worshipping all sorts of different gods started different important systems and institutions which are now important parts of our culture today. Civilization grows and builds on itself, while always continuing to change and grow.

What’s the debate topic here?

Once Christianity started 2000 years ago, Christians took over pretty much every important discovery since.

Back
Top Bottom