• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chris Wallace: No, Obama Was Not ‘Stoking Racial Tensions’ With Zimmerman Speech

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It's nice to some truth on this issue coming from Fox.

[!]While other Fox commentators have been criticizing President Obama‘s unexpected speech on race and the George Zimmerman verdict for furthering the racial divide in America, Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace said Friday afternoon that he doesn’t “see how you can read this as in any way stoking racial tensions.”

When Fox host Trace Gallagher asked Wallace if he thought Obama’s decision to speak on the matter was “risky,” he responded, “No, I don’t think so at all. I thought that president was trying to put this in context and I think, to a certain degree, he was trying to explain, in a verdict that has been somewhat divisive in this country, why both sides feel the way they do.” Wallace said Obama was simply “trying to say to Americans of all colors and all political persuasions: try to understand and try to learn from what happened here.”

Wallace said he was particularly moved by the section of Obama’s remarks regarding the younger generation, including his two daughters, which is “better than people of our ages were in the sense they’re more color blind, they don’t see whites see black, or blacks see whites as much of a threat.”

Continuing, Wallace commended the president for handling the matter in a “forthright” fashion, much as he did in his 2008 campaign speech on race. “Boy, I sure don’t see how you can read this as in any way stoking racial tensions,” he said. “This is a president who believes in teachable moments, and I think he felt the desire to be on the record and to say what the felt on these issues.”

Video at the following link: Fox’s Chris Wallace: No, Obama Was Not ‘Stoking Racial Tensions’ With Zimmerman Speech | Mediaite. [/INDENT]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 46
The Fox gossip channel should only be watched for entertainment purposes, but never for more than 5 mins in any 24 hour period.

The president is a liar, as usual. People like Jesse Jackson demonstrate that black Americans are more openly racist than ever before, and the youngest generation is the worst of all, nothing but bullies. They've all grown up realizing that they can get away with intimidate everyone about everything. That's precisely how the Martin family has handled the death of their son. They raised him to be the punk that he was, running around up to no good. That's what got him killed.

Zimmerman may have been acquitted from murder charges but unless he disappears, changes his name and moves far away for a long time until we all forget his face, somebody's going to kill him.

Wallace is just like his father was. Willing to pander to the left at any given chance or the right if it fits his needs.

An adult among children on that network.

Well Mike Wallace is entitled to his opinion. I will however note he is just a reporter? So what? I mean if Lady Ga Ga, came out and said the same thing, why should I care? I mean seriously at this point we have all seen and heard what he said so we can come to our own conclusions.

And I was just saying to myself "This part of the forum sure needs a thread where people can vent their unhinged rage and hatred for Fox News".

Even though it wasn't intended as such, good job anyway Pete.

<sarcasm off>

LOL at this thread being the one that DP conservatives ignore. I suppose it is pretty inconvenient.

In any case, having researched a bit more online about conservative responses to Obama's speech, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that the majority of people calling Obama's speech "divisive" and otherwise denigrating it in such a fashion were angry Twitter users and online commenters. Quite a few right-wing politicians, writers and talking heads criticized allegations that his speech was "increasing racial tension" or "race baiting." I've also read a few blogs from "regular" conservatives that have expressed disappointment at the more harsh takes on Obama's speech.

It makes me wonder if DP attracts right-wingers that are more racist and generally extreme on racial issues.

Back
Top Bottom