• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China to Expand Presence in Antarctica with New Research Bases.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
2013-12-19T192714Z_1_CBRE9BI1I1Q00_RTROPTP_2_CLIMATE-COLD.JPG

China will expand its presence in Antarctica by building a fourth research base and finding a site for a fifth, a state-run newspaper said on Thursday, as the country steps up its increasingly far-flung scientific efforts.

Chinese scientists are increasingly looking beyond China for their research, including sending submersibles to explore the bottom of the ocean and last weekend landing the country's first probe on the moon.

Workers will build a summer field camp called Taishan and look for a site for another research station, the official China Daily reported.

China already has three Antarctic research stations - Great Wall, Zhongshan and Kunlun.

The Taishan camp will be used during the South Pole's summer from December to March and will provide logistical support and be used to study geology, glaciers, geomagnetism and atmospheric science, the newspaper said.

Scientists will also be focusing their studies on climate change, it added.

The Taishan camp will be near the United States' McMurdo Station, Italy's Zucchelli Station and a recently built South Korean station, the newspaper said.

"While the nation is expanding its presence in Antarctica, it is also enhancing its scientific research ability, with a new icebreaker to be built and a fixed-wing aircraft to be bought for future polar expeditions," the report added.....snip~

China to expand presence in Antarctica with new research bases

Seems the Chinese are making some moves.....aren't they? What is your thought about them having 5 bases in the Antarctica? Already they are planning to send out submersibles to allegedly explore the oceans floor?

Here they are looking to build more down there.....and I'll bet our stuff is already starting to fall apart. Not that I can say it is for sure. Still does it seem we are looking to do the exploration with space, the oceans and or The Antarctica?

Seems the Chinese are making some moves.....aren't they? What is your thought about them having 5 bases in the Antarctica? Already they are planning to send out submersibles to allegedly explore the oceans floor?

Here they are looking to build more down there.....and I'll bet our stuff is already starting to fall apart. Not that I can say it is for sure. Still does it seem we are looking to do the exploration with space, the oceans and or The Antarctica?

Thank the traitors in office who decided it was a good idea to let companies outsource to china.Any military build up and research build is the result of that outsourcing.

Thank the traitors in office who decided it was a good idea to let companies outsource to china.Any military build up and research build is the result of that outsourcing.

Heya JR. :2wave: Yeah and did you see the thread we had up on the Chinese Satellites? Which has to do with encasing ours. Even in the OP our so called experts were trying to figure out what they are doing. Which looked pretty obvious to me. Still, throw in the Lunar Landing and their new Navy and the Chinese are spending some money. Arent they?

Wonder if we can track their submersibles wherever they go?

That's right, dating back to Reagan and every administration since. Ross Perot was right.

Heya JR. :2wave: Yeah and did you see the thread we had up on the Chinese Satellites? Which has to do with encasing ours. Even in the OP our so called experts were trying to figure out what they are doing. Which looked pretty obvious to me. Still, throw in the Lunar Landing and their new Navy and the Chinese are spending some money. Arent they?

Wonder if we can track their submersibles wherever they go?

Both Russia and China perked up and paid attention when the US began a policy of pre-emptive strikes on perceived enemy threats. They would have been remiss not to start positioning themselves for such inevitability.

Both Russia and China perked up and paid attention when the US began a policy of pre-emptive strikes on perceived enemy threats. They would have been remiss not to start positioning themselves for such inevitability.

Well it was to be expected......one would think knowing it was coming there was some sort of preparation for it. Doesn't seem to me there was.

Back
Top Bottom