• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

China Prevents American War

Kenneth T. Cornelius said:
Nonsense? History. At one point during the Korean War, the US forces had defeated the NK, who were in retreat across the Yalu River into China. China had forces poised there and they intervened at that point and almost drove the US from the peninsula. Almost. We were, however, forced to settle with an armistice at the 38th parallel, the situation that exists today. China is responsible for that. If you were schooled in China, it is not at all surprising that you don't know that.

Do you ever question why you where "forced to settle with Armistice" no you prefer to take indignant stance and adopt an "how dare they stop us" attitiude. You send your youth to die in Asia for no good reason and cannot accept the error of your actions.

Fried Rice said:
Do you ever question why you where "forced to settle with Armistice" no you prefer to take indignant stance and adopt an "how dare they stop us" attitiude. You send your youth to die in Asia for no good reason and cannot accept the error of your actions.

Why don't you look up the history of the Korean War on Google? Here is a paragraph outlining how the war started:

"June 25, 1950

At approximately 4 a.m. (Korean Standard Time) on a rainy Sunday morning Democratic People's Republic of Korea Army (DPRK - North Korea) artillery and mortars open fire on Republic of Korea (ROK - South Korea) Army positions south of the 38th Parallel, the line then serving as the border between the two countries. The opening barrage is followed shortly by tank/infantry attacks at all points along the Parallel. At 11 a.m. North Korea announced a formal declaration of war and what is now known as "The Korean War" officially began. In this announcement North Korea claimed ROK forces on the Ongjin Peninsula attacked North Korea in the Haeju area (west) and their declaration of war was in response to this attack. This claim was bogus[bogus means lie]."

A lot happened after that, but the point I wish to make was that NK attacked South Korea. The US was the principal participant in a United Nations force opposing NK. :duel

Last edited:
Why don't you look up the history of the Korean War on Google? Here is a paragraph outlining how the war started:

"June 25, 1950

At approximately 4 a.m. (Korean Standard Time) on a rainy Sunday morning Democratic People's Republic of Korea Army (DPRK - North Korea) artillery and mortars open fire on Republic of Korea (ROK - South Korea) Army positions south of the 38th Parallel, the line then serving as the border between the two countries. The opening barrage is followed shortly by tank/infantry attacks at all points along the Parallel. At 11 a.m. North Korea announced a formal declaration of war and what is now known as "The Korean War" officially began. In this announcement North Korea claimed ROK forces on the Ongjin Peninsula attacked North Korea in the Haeju area (west) and their declaration of war was in response to this attack. This claim was bogus[bogus means lie]."

A lot happened after that, but the point I wish to make was that NK attacked South Korea. The US was the principal participant in a United Nations force opposing NK. :duel

This was US led offensive.It is interesting to think how things would have turned out has USA not prolonged the conflict and caused such divison in Asia unless of course that was their intent.

Fried Rice - maybe no reply for while as i travel with Trade Delegation.

Fried Rice said:
This was US led offensive.It is interesting to think how things would have turned out has USA not prolonged the conflict and caused such divison in Asia unless of course that was their intent.

Fried Rice - maybe no reply for while as i travel with Trade Delegation.
Let me see. The US was attacked and defended itself and you call that an offensive?

Mr. Rice,

1. What is the process used in China for selecting government leaders?

FRIED RICE - we select local representative who in turn elect standing committees - each standing committee elects the one above it until we have our ruling committee which will be the one you always see on your television. Most decision making is made at local committee level. As Communist party is ruling party so all members belong to that party.
Thanks. I had no idea what process you guys used to select your officials.

You've raised some more questions in my mind though. I'm sure that we could go round and round with this forever and bore everyone to tears. If you have any references that I can access, just let me know.

Here's some more questions that spawned.

If you don't subscribe to the communist ideal, what can you do to change the system?

What coruptions do you find at different levels of government? (you can't tell me everything is peaches and cream. It sure as hell isn't over here.)

Can anyone as a citizen run for local office?

As you can see, these questions are blowing up into a full fledged Chinese political science class.

2. We hear allot about population issues in China (you have to admit there's allot of chinese citizens). What steps has the Chinese government taken to help control their population?

FRIED RICE - In the past while our economy was weak we had 'one child' policy to ensure fair and equal distribution of food and goods. Still today, there is tax penalty if a family has more than one child. However as our economy improves it is soon expected that this rule will be relax.

I was under the belief that the Chinese government had instituted state mandated abortions because of population issues.

Is that true?

If it's true, do you agree or disagree with that practice and why?

3. What media sources are available to the average Chinese citizen? Are they state run media outlets? Are citizens able to access foriegn news sources such as the BBC, Fox News, CNN, Al Jazeera?

FRIED RICE - Most media is state run, in fact hass always been this way. The amount of propoganda we receive is no different to the propoganda you receive - the difference is we know how to read between the lines while most Americans just accept the version of the world their media allows them to see. CNN is allowed to those with access to satelite, Fox is just too unbelivable to be called a news channel, BBC is hard to get (radio is easier). We can get Al Jazeera and they are in process of opening Asia studios in HKG to serve Asia Pacific. You might be interested to know why we can get CNN easier than BBC - your 'balanced' CNN allows its self to be censored and not broadcast 'anti China' reports in Asia (the CNN in rest of world is different to CNN you get in USA) but BBC - very honourably - refused to compromise.

Do you think it's possible to have a fair and balanced news source when the state is the ultimate authority in what is broadcast and what isn't?

We have to do allot of reading between the lines. That's really the nature of processing data into information. Let's face it, propoganda is a natural bi-product of two nations with different ideologies.

FRIED RICE - I was thinking these questions are nicely worded attacks but i will answer anyway !

They very easily could have been depending on how you responded. I appreciate the fact that you didn't approach them defensively. I am confident that this can be a very educational exchange.

LiberalFINGER said:
Mr. Rice,

FRIED RICE - Only uick answers as i am on wany to North Korea for business trip. I am in Vietnam at moment.

Thanks. I had no idea what process you guys used to select your officials.

You've raised some more questions in my mind though. I'm sure that we could go round and round with this forever and bore everyone to tears. If you have any references that I can access, just let me know.

Here's some more questions that spawned.

If you don't subscribe to the communist ideal, what can you do to change the system?

FRIED RICE - not everyone in China is a party member. So in therory i think you could start another party. But frankly speaking this is unlikely to happen as the Party is such a sominant force. What is happening is that the Old Guard are slowly being replaced by younger more foreward thinking members -this is best chance for change. You must understand - we are all basically happy with the system even though we want to make many changes to it.

What coruptions do you find at different levels of government? (you can't tell me everything is peaches and cream. It sure as hell isn't over here.)

FRIED RICE - the corruption is everywhere, but many steps taken to reduce. Army is not so involved in business anymore (they used to control everything) and media will now report corruption at private and public level. Not perfect but getting better. With WTO and Olymipics we will try even harder to eradicate.

Can anyone as a citizen run for local office?

FRIED RICE - in theory yes, same as in USA anyone can also run for politics. Of course, if you have contacts that always helps....

As you can see, these questions are blowing up into a full fledged Chinese political science class.

FRIED RICE - My pleasure !

I was under the belief that the Chinese government had instituted state mandated abortions because of population issues.

Is that true?

FREID RICE - Yes and no - we have 1 child policy and abortion is readily available. More and more families have more than one child these days so not 100% right to say it is state mandated

If it's true, do you agree or disagree with that practice and why?

FRIED RICE - I agreed with 1 child policy - we had such huge population and was a poor country. I think it helped us on way to become superpower. I know in west it is common complaint that large family is drain on welfare system.

Do you think it's possible to have a fair and balanced news source when the state is the ultimate authority in what is broadcast and what isn't?

FRIED RICE - we have an English channel (CCTV9) that i think is very neutral. our domestic channels are very patriotic but as i said will now report corruption etc. Actually i go to states many times and i think our media is easier to interpret than USA. In USA, they are very clever how they disquise the propoganda.

We have to do allot of reading between the lines. That's really the nature of processing data into information. Let's face it, propoganda is a natural bi-product of two nations with different ideologies.

FRIED RICE - yes but i think in USA, since war, your media has purposefully chosen to tell lies etc

They very easily could have been depending on how you responded. I appreciate the fact that you didn't approach them defensively. I am confident that this can be a very educational exchange.

FRIED RICE - my pleasure but as i said i might not reply for few days as internet coverage not so good in NK

Okay, okay, okay. I agree with some of what you are saying Fried Mice. For example, I think that many Americans will agree that President Bush is an idiot when it comes to public speaking. But, I have to disagree with most of what you said. Your main point at the begining of this thread was that you believe the Chinese federal government is better at handling major national and global issues than the US. I agree whole-heartedly that the US government could have settled the matter of Iraq in a more honourable fashion, however you seem to have forgotten a couple of things Fried Lice. In the 1950's, the Chinese made a huge mistake by slaughtering more than a million innocent Tibetans. This was done all in the name of communism. Mao was even quoted back then, in a meeting with the Dalai Lama, saying, "religion is poison". Then another one of your forgotten topics took place back in May of 1989, when the Chinese officials Deng Xiaoping and Li Peng decided to give orders to slaughter thousands of Chinese citizens in Tiananmen Square. Bodies of Chinese citizens were being run over by military tanks, people were being shot. These people were protesting against Chinese communism, and they were doing it in a calm manner. However, the government felt the need to push their power on the situation and murder thousands of lives ... all in the name of communism. So, tell me Dried Ice, do you really feel that the Chinese government is fair and civilized?

Who got which one right, Urethra? Are you saying that Mao got it right when he made that quote back in the '50s, or are you saying that I got that particular point right? It seems that you have minor difficulties with specifics when trying to attempt a response to a post. Please be a little more specific. Don't hurt yourself now, but please make the attempt to allow others to know what it is that you are trying to say. I realize it's hard for some people to string together four words to make a sentence. You may be used to this one ... "Me Tarzan, you Jane" ... what with all the practice and all. But for the rest of this civilization, which i understand you are not really used to yet, we can not all completely understand what it is that you are trying to say here.

Dennis Miller said:
Who got which one right, Urethra? Are you saying that Mao got it right when he made that quote back in the '50s, or are you saying that I got that particular point right? It seems that you have minor difficulties with specifics when trying to attempt a response to a post. Please be a little more specific. Don't hurt yourself now, but please make the attempt to allow others to know what it is that you are trying to say. I realize it's hard for some people to string together four words to make a sentence. You may be used to this one ... "Me Tarzan, you Jane" ... what with all the practice and all. But for the rest of this civilization, which i understand you are not really used to yet, we can not all completely understand what it is that you are trying to say here.

It is quite clear to anybody with even just an elementary grasp of the English language that I am saying Mao got it right. However, you being an American, nobody should expect English to be your strong point. "Me Tarzan, you Jane" is gramatically incorrect, which is why I don't use it. Not actually being called Tarzan is another good reason to avoid it. It should read: "I'm Tarzan, you're Jane." I suggest you revise the verb "to be" in the present simple. You'll need that before you progress to the present perfect, a tense you Americans have difficulty with.

Dennis Miller said:

I had no trouble discerning Urethra's meaning. It was clear and to the point.

Also, Mr Fried Rice is a Chinese functionary. There is absolutely no point in discussing anything with him. :comp:

So, Miss Franklin, are you then trying to make the point that you are, indeed, anti-religious? Thus, agreeing with the quote made by Mao back then? And might I point out that I have very recently (as recent as two months ago) moved to the US from Canada. Therefore I have not had much chance to learn of any qualities practiced by Americans. I am not saying that would be a bad thing to do, I am just stating that I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet. Of course, being Canadian I disagree with much about America in general, however, I do tend to agree on certain issues. I also would like to reiterate my point that I had previously made in my last post, saying that you do have trouble with specifics. And using the terminology of, "Me Tarzan, you Jane", in case you were unable to pick up on it, was my way of saying that your previous unintelligent post was that of a simpleton. But regress, you are a part of the EU, are you not?

Hey chief, did you just answer for Urethra? I guess she finally got to the point in her life where she can't answer questions on her own. Cornelius feels the need to step in there and do it for her. Tell me something there Kenneth T. Corninmycrap, if you and Urethra were in the same room together would other people around you see your hand inserted into her rear? Are you indeed her puppet master? If you are, allow me to intercede a little advice to you. Just a little something for the sake of hygiene. Be sure to wash your hand after playing with your toy there, chief. At least consider those you shake hands with in the future. And if you are afraid of a little hygiene then fer cryin' out loud, chief, take your hand out of her rear and let her learn to converse on her own! Don't worry, with some lengthy practice I'm sure she will be able to complete a sentence on her own.

Dennis Miller said:
So, Miss Franklin, are you then trying to make the point that you are, indeed, anti-religious?

Yes. Did mummy help you figure that one out?

Dennis Miller said:
Thus, agreeing with the quote made by Mao back then? And might I point out that I have very recently (as recent as two months ago) moved to the US from Canada.

I apologise for wrongly assuming you were American - awful to be accused of THAT, however Canadians' English is barely much better. I'm assuming you're not from Québec or you might just have demonstrated a grain of common sense (Encore une fois, si j'ai tort, corrige-moi). You come from the country that produced the delightful lean Céline and the wonderful KD Lang, but aside from your francophones and your lesbians, you haven't offered the world that much have you? Maple syrup is foul by the way.

Dennis Miller said:
And using the terminology of, "Me Tarzan, you Jane", in case you were unable to pick up on it, was my way of saying that your previous unintelligent post was that of a simpleton.

Ah, you were trying to be amusing? Sorry, the entire forum will have failed to notice. I think you're just covering for the fact that you can't conjugate the verb "to be" without mummy helping you.
Dennis Miller said:
But regress, you are a part of the EU, are you not?

Yes, I live in the wonderful EU. Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Dennis Miller said:
Hey chief, did you just answer for Urethra? .
I think he was anwsering for himself, as I just did.

Dennis Miller said:
I guess she finally got to the point in her life where she can't answer questions on her own. .

No, I'm not Canadian. See above.

Dennis Miller said:
Cornelius feels the need to step in there and do it for her. .
I think he just happened to see your drivel before I did and wanted to make a comment. He's free to. It's a forum, doh!
Dennis Miller said:
Tell me something there Kenneth T. Corninmycrap, if you and Urethra were in the same room together would other people around you see your hand inserted into her rear? Are you indeed her puppet master? If you are, allow me to intercede a little advice to you. Just a little something for the sake of hygiene. Be sure to wash your hand after playing with your toy there, chief. At least consider those you shake hands with in the future. And if you are afraid of a little hygiene then fer cryin' out loud, chief, take your hand out of her rear and let her learn to converse on her own! .

Totally wrong. Here's what would happen if I found myself in the same room as Cornelius. I assume he's American, but despite that, he does, unlike you, demonstrate wit, intelligence and personality. So I'd start with my usual "getting to know you" questions: How big is it? Can I feel it? What do you look for in a lady? Nice chest? Filthy personality? Sense of humour? Somebody who can get you all stiffed up?
You see, he, being a man, would stand a chance with women, whereas you little boy should stick to masturbating in your room.
Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? Does (s)he use a white stick? Do you drive her/him to the day centre yourself? Or is (s)he at your school?
Dennis Miller said:
Don't worry, with some lengthy practice I'm sure she will be able to complete a sentence on her own.

That's rich coming from the guy who can't conjugate verbs and doesn't know that when you refer to yourself as "I" you use a capital letter every time. I suggest some reading practice. Orwell's "1984" perhaps?

Last edited:
Dennis Miller said:
Don't worry, with some lengthy practice I'm sure she will be able to complete a sentence on her own.

Mr Miller - it is an established fact on this forum that Urethra is a native speaker of proper (i.e. British) English, and therefore has no problem constructing a sentence, even if it includes (shock, horror) the present perfect. When you have progressed to that level you might be able to offer some constructive comments on the subject of English.

Hmm ... this IS a political forum, is it not? The original topic that we were to be discussing IS China Prevents American War, is it not? Yet, for the last several postings the Brits and the Americans have teamed up (as usual) to divert the rest of those around the world, and make them believe that they are right and others are wrong. That is not totally uncommon. And by the way Urethra, you'd mentioned that Canada has not contributed to the world much. Well, I do remember Canada ridding themselves of the Brits many years ago. I'm sure the rest of the world applauded us for that. I also recall Canada lending a rather influential helping hand in assisting the Brits in the Boer War. So you see, Canada has shown that we can work WITH England, and we can also send you packing as well. I, personally, have nothing against England. I am one third English. My mother coming to Canada from Yorkshire. As for your question as to whether I have a girlfriend, yes I do. She is the most wonderful woman I have ever had the privilege of spending time with and I love her dearly. So, you need not pine over me any longer. You may move on to dreaming of other men ... or women. Have you decided to criticize me these past few posts because you really have no insightful opinion on the topic at hand, or is it because you just wanted my attention? You are rather witty, but then again, most British women need something to get noticed. Tell me something else Urethra ... does that stick up your rear hurt much? You may pull it out at any time. Don't worry, I'm sure the rest of us will prepare ourselves for the stench.

Dennis Miller said:
Hmm ... this IS a political forum, is it not? The original topic that we were to be discussing IS China Prevents American War, is it not? Yet, for the last several postings the Brits and the Americans have teamed up (as usual) to divert the rest of those around the world, and make them believe that they are right and others are wrong. .

No Dennis the Menace, you diverted the topic by launching into me with insults about my level of English because you disagreed with my opinion about Mao's stance on religion. You give it out but you can't take it when people hit back. You're a weakling.

Dennis Miller said:
Well, I do remember Canada ridding themselves of the Brits many years ago. I'm sure the rest of the world applauded us for that. I also recall Canada lending a rather influential helping hand in assisting the Brits in the Boer War. So you see, Canada has shown that we can work WITH England, and we can also send you packing as well..

Obsessed with the past? Try dragging yourself into the present. Modern day Canada offers us very little. I went to Winnepeg in the 90's. Lots of women in crimplene. As the plane descended the stewardess announced, "and the local time is 7.50 p.m., 1958"
Dennis Miller said:
I am one third English. My mother coming to Canada from Yorkshire. ..
Your attacks on Britain do nothing. As Naughty Nurse says, I grew up speaking English in Britain, but I'm not British. I moved there as a baby and grew up there. So say what you like about them. Feel free. And I wouldn't brag about your Yorkshire heritage: the land of eckythump, wife beating and bingo. No wonder you're so backward. I was born in Ljubljana and my background is Italian/Slovene. I'm not nationalistic, so you slagging off Italy and Slovenia won't upset me either. But then, I doubt you actually know where Slovenia is.
Dennis Miller said:
As for your question as to whether I have a girlfriend, yes I do. She is the most wonderful woman I have ever had the privilege of spending time with and I love her dearly. ..
Oh the poor girl. She has my deepest sympathy. But then she's made a choice. Some people are easily pleased. Perhaps she'll change her mind when you both reach the ninth grade.
Dennis Miller said:
So, you need not pine over me any longer. You may move on to dreaming of other men ... or women. ..
Dream on. I'd have to be desperate to consider you. No need for me to dream about men and women. I get lots of the real thing.
Dennis Miller said:
Have you decided to criticize me these past few posts because you really have no insightful opinion on the topic at hand, or is it because you just wanted my attention? ..
As stated above, you started on me. Obviously you wanted my attention.
Dennis Miller said:
You are rather witty,..
More than you manage

Dennis Miller said:
but then again, most British women need something to get noticed. ,..
Ask your mother, she should know. Like I said, I'm not British.

Dennis Miller said:
Tell me something else Urethra ... does that stick up your rear hurt much? You may pull it out at any time. Don't worry, I'm sure the rest of us will prepare ourselves for the stench.

That's rich coming from the guy who's so up his own arse he quotes himself in his signature. That speaks reams about you.
Now, **** off back to the Teletubbies forum and leave the big boys and girls to talk politics. Tosspot.

Last edited:
Dennis Miller said:
Hmm ... this IS a political forum, is it not? The original topic that we were to be discussing IS China Prevents American War, is it not?
The thread was started actually by Fried Rice, a hostile Chinese functionary more interested in spewing propaganda than any kind of discussion. Any chinese who might truly be interested in the exchange of views would be unlikely to have access to the Inet.

And by the way Urethra, you'd mentioned that Canada has not contributed to the world much. Well, I do remember Canada ridding themselves of the Brits many years ago.
As I recall, Great Britain and the Dominion of Canada came to an amicable parting of the ways along about the same time as India. This pretty well marked the end of the British Empire, but I don't know how much of a contribution to the world that was.

I also recall Canada lending a rather influential helping hand in assisting the Brits in the Boer War. So you see, Canada has shown that we can work WITH England, and we can also send you packing as well.
What you mean is that you read about the Boer War, didn't you? Canada and America have both come to the aid of Britain (and France) on a number of occasions and we have the same interests, even with the not infrequent squabble.

I, personally, have nothing against England. I am one third English.
England must be properly grateful. I rather like the Brits myself, though my mother hated them virulently. Somewhere in my ancestry there must lurk Scots or Irish transported involuntarily to America as indentured servants (read "slaves").

To conclude, you are evidently under the impression that ad hominem attacks are witty. They are not. :doh

Hey, Kenneth T Corn-in-my-crap! Do you think that by coming to the aid of Urethra, she will maybe exchange phone numbers with you ... and maybe, if you're unfortunate, bodily fluids? Do you have any intelligent things to say, rather than attempt to correct me? I have relatives that had fought in the Boer war, from three different countries at that particular time. Canada, Britain, and SA. And if I may say this without you correcting me, many citizens in SA have thanked Canada every year for stepping in and contributing. Canada is respected by other parts of the world for giving England the boot, no longer wanting to be part of the British Empire. It was going to come crashing down someday anyway, we just did our thankful part at making that a quicker trip.

The thread was started actually by Fried Rice, a hostile Chinese functionary more interested in spewing propaganda than any kind of discussion. Any chinese who might truly be interested in the exchange of views would be unlikely to have access to the Inet.

Kenneth sweetheart, this is the one paragraph of your excellent post I would disagree with. Fried Rice is openly gay, and that hardly fits in with the image of the Chinese government official trying to push the party line. If you go on the China Daily News forum, you'll see many of these people and they don't argue as coherently or as rationally as our own dear Mr. Rice.

I would suggest that it's too easy to simply dismiss him out of hand like this because we'd like to bury our heads in the sand and not accept the many truths he spells out: that the US has had it's day and is in decline economically and on the world political stage, that the west's manufactuaring industries will soon ALL be located in Asia and there's little we can do to stop that, that the Chinese nation IS rising and will lead the world economy. Let's face it, Mr. Rice has expoused a lot of sense and truth on this forum, and the fact that it doesn't neatly fit your snug US republican/democrat polemic desn't mean it can be dismissed so easily.

Dennis Miller said:
Hey, Kenneth T Corn-in-my-crap! Do you think that by coming to the aid of Urethra, she will maybe exchange phone numbers with you ... and maybe, if you're unfortunate, bodily fluids? .

I exchange bodily fluids with nobody. I'm intelligent enough to have heard of safe sex. I hear Canadian girls just keep their tights on.
I'm sure Kenneth, like myself, has a real sex life and isn't reliant on forums like this to get phone numbers and cyber sexual encounters.

Now go and wank over your imaginary girlfriend.

I suggest you go to bed early. It's a school night.

Back
Top Bottom