• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China Has Something On Biden

That's simply not true. You can go to Yahoo right now and you'll see plenty of original stories from Yahoo writers. From lifestyle, to sports to politics.

Really, a lot of news is picked up by other news stations, but they usually give credit to the original source. Nothing unusual at all.

Then don’t bother posting dumb ass snark.

You’re not everyone.

You're the one who brought up the credibility of a news org rather than refuting the story.

If you don't want to tell us what unbiased sources you use, it seems you're too embarrassed to list them.

Really, a lot of news is picked up by other news stations, but they usually give credit to the original source. Nothing unusual at all.

What does that have to do with Yahoo having their own writers?

What does that have to do with Yahoo having their own writers?

I follow lots of news, not just political but tech ect. Each news site typically have their own writers but on fairly big stories may pick them up from others and maybe add their own views.

Easy to get trademark in China

Now I'm at home and had more time to read the article you posted. As most who submit articles as sources to counter conservatives, few seem to read articles themselves.

If you are inferring Michael Jordan submitted trademarks that got him a win in the China Supreme Court, it appears that did not happen.

The main reason: Qiaodan Sports had already registered those marks and neither Nike nor Jordan had objected to them for years.

Chinese law for Trademarks work on first to file, not first to use, like The U.S. trademarks, which nether Nike or Jordan didn't do.

It took Michael Jordan 8 years and 80 lawsuits/counter lawsuits to finally get a win in the Supreme court. However, it was only a partial win, not a VICTORIOUS win as so claimed by the news article.

Jordan “sort of” wins: impact

After losing at different rounds in the litigation, Jordan received favorable news from the Supreme People’s Court in January. The Court ruled that because “Qiaodan” has such a strong connection to Jordan, Qiaodan Sports had infringed on Michael Jordan’s name. The company’s trademark in Qiaodan, the court expressed, must therefore be revoked.

The ruling was limited in certain ways. As explained by Cissy Zhou of the South China Morning Post, Qiaodan Sports has not been ordered to disgorge the profits it obtained through the unauthorized use of Jordan’s name. Likewise, the ruling permits Qiaodan Sports to continue to use its Jumpman-like logo, which is now subject to further review by China’s trademark office. Indeed, while Jordan’s name is protected by the ruling, the other aspects of his identity—including his image and likeness—are not.

For many observers, the ruling was logical. It seemed clear that Qiaodan Sports had misappropriated Jordan’s name and, in turn, diminished both his personal capacity and the capacity of Jordan Brand to capitalize on his identity in China (and in other markets served by Qiaodan Sports). For other NBA stars, as well as the league itself, the ruling affirms the identifying power of names . Yet the lack of protection for images and likenesses highlight the continued fight ahead for athletes’ intellectual property rights in China.

This articles only gives more reason on why Ivanka Trump needed to submit trademarks for her name and intellectual property before taking an office inside the White House. So she can still go back to her business after her father's term is over if she so desires.

Last edited:
The more information that will be released will show how the Trumps and Kushner leverage the WH to make money.
Joe and Hunter would never do anything like that. They are so so sweet.

Sorry, but I said patents, he said trademarks. China is renowned for stealing of intellectual property and at least some basic protection is required.

Er, that was getting trademarks, not patents, before she assumed office.
The day before she takes a job in the WH?

Yep, just a coincidence I'm sure

Bwahahahaha

Now I'm at home and had more time to read the article you posted. As most who submit articles as sources to counter conservatives, few seem to read articles themselves.

If you are inferring Michael Jordan submitted trademarks that got him a win in the China Supreme Court, it appears that did not happen.

Chinese law for Trademarks work on first to file, not first to use, like The U.S. trademarks, which nether Nike or Jordan didn't do.

It took Michael Jordan 8 years and 80 lawsuits/counter lawsuits to finally get a win in the Supreme court. However, it was only a partial win, not a VICTORIOUS win as so claimed by the news article.

This articles only gives more reason on why Ivanka Trump needed to submit trademarks for her name and intellectual property before taking an office inside the White House. So she can still go back to her business after her father's term is over if she so desires.

China makes their own rules and to pretend Ivanka Trump received “normal” service is a joke.

He's an expert on everything so he can have any job daddy buys him.

None, exactly. I must have missed all of your posts questioning Ivanka and Jared’s WH gigs.

Joe and Hunter would never do anything like that. They are so so sweet.
🤣 Ol' Joe has been selling access and influence through his family members for his entire political career. 'Sweet' my ass.

Yahoo News doesn't write original material, it takes their "news" stories from other sources, so when a contributor sites Yahoo as a news source, delve deeper to find out where the original story comes from, in this case:
Washington Examiner
Actually read the article - it is full of speculation and maybes, no wonder considering the source:
Overall, we rate the Washington Examiner Right Biased based on editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks
Washington Examiner = nonsense right wing propaganda

Actually the feds, some courts, and an attorney general have a few things on Trump

Washington Examiner = nonsense right wing propaganda
'Anything that contradicts my confirmation bias' = 'nonsense right wing propaganda'
Gotcha!

It's pretty obvious that China has something on Biden. Maybe they have evidence on the Ukraine stuff on either Biden or his son. Maybe they have evidence of Biden molesting underage girls. After all, Biden is always stroking their hair and putting his hands on their shoulders. Who knows? But it seems rather obvious that China does have something on Biden. He talks a good game against hacking against the US by foreign governments and yet he lets China get away with it. What are the blackmailing Biden with?

Herp.. I's smart cause I reverse da script derp!

It's pretty obvious that China has something on Biden. Maybe they have evidence on the Ukraine stuff on either Biden or his son. Maybe they have evidence of Biden molesting underage girls. After all, Biden is always stroking their hair and putting his hands on their shoulders. Who knows? But it seems rather obvious that China does have something on Biden. He talks a good game against hacking against the US by foreign governments and yet he lets China get away with it. What are the blackmailing Biden with?

I think they offer help to people who can't handle their crush Trump losing to Biden.

lt's pretty obvious that China has something on Biden. Maybe they have evidence on the Ukraine stuff on either Biden or his son. Maybe they have evidence of Biden molesting underage girls. After all, Biden is always stroking their hair and putting his hands on their shoulders. Who knows? But it seems rather obvious that China does have something on Biden. He talks a good game against hacking against the US by foreign governments and yet he lets China get away with it. What are the blackmailing Biden with?

I just found this thread and the last week I have been thinking the same thing. While you bring up how Biden administration is not holding China accountable, report just two days ago stating the Department of Justice Thursday and Friday of last week were dropping the charges against 4 Chinese national researchers for an array of criminal charges filed under the Trump administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/politics/chinese-researchers-justice-dept.html

Yesterday, it was reported Tony Podesta, John Podesta's brother, has been hired as a lobbyist for the China's Huawei Technologies Co. He is the latest lobbyist firm that China has hired on behalf of their company as they have hired a string of them. During the Trump administration intel showed Huawei was collecting information on private citizens, government agencies, and private companies and was seen as an espionage threat. Evidently in the Progressive Democrat world all those threats have just melted away.

And then today it is being reported on Fox that the one handling Hunter Biden's art sales has big ties to China in the art world. Now isn't that special.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-art-georges-berges-china

Back
Top Bottom