• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children’s author Roald Dahl’s beloved books scrubbed by ‘sensitivity experts’

The meanings of words change. Woke is reverse discrimination combined with identity politics. Thats reality, deal with it.

Woke lies exposed again. I already posted this in the last reply. Its funny you missed it.

No, the meaning has not changed but has been hijacked by right wing nutters and turned into a pejorative. There is no reverse discrimination in the actual meaning of woke. Affirmative Action came to be many years before woke was being used as broadly as it is today. So woke is not the source of Affirmative Action, which is the actual source of all these accusations of reverse discrimination. Diversity policies are voluntary policies put in place by corporations and are not being forced on them. They are free to implement any policies that they want to run their corporations as long as they do not violate any laws.

That has nothing to do with corporate policies of inclusion because those policies do not exclude whites. This is an example of whites overreacting and bringing a frivolous law suit. This doesn’t demonstrate that the policy hurts the company, just that whites think it is hurting them. The lawsuit only hurts the company if it is decided against them. Companies as big as AmEx face lawsuits all the time.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Reactions: PoS
Interesting rebuttal

"Yevre Sew: “RID [Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Inc] code of professional conduct clearly states in tenet 4.0 “Respect for Consumers” – Guiding Principle: Interpreters are expected to honor consumer preferences in the selection of interpreters and interpreting dynamics while recognizing the realities of qualifications, availability, and situation. That is what Keith Wann should have done. When the Black Deaf community expressed its preference for a black interpreter, Keith as a white man should have graciously accepted the request and promptly resigned from the position.”"

Link
Translation of the bolded: Deaf Black people want someone who is Black! Now check your privilege and step aside, White Boy!

No, the meaning has not changed but has been hijacked by right wing nutters and turned into a pejorative. There is no reverse discrimination in the actual meaning of woke. Affirmative Action came to be many years before woke was being used as broadly as it is today. So woke is not the source of Affirmative Action, which is the actual source of all these accusations of reverse discrimination. Diversity policies are voluntary policies put in place by corporations and are not being forced on them. They are free to implement any policies that they want to run their corporations as long as they do not violate any laws.
The word "woke" has indeed changed its meaning, and the change has been made possible by woke-scold idiots who have become extreme in their prosecution of supposed "hate speech." If the woke-scolds were simply abiding by the original parameters of "woke," the new meaning would never have taken hold.

Your generalization about corporations is incorrect because you did not state "private corporations only," though I suspect there may be ways to compel AA programs indirectly, rather than through legal enforcement. At any rate, corporations affiliated with the government are often compelled to implement AA programs by Executive Order 11246, depending on how much federal work those corporations supply.

The Executive Order prohibits federal contractors and federally‐assisted construction contractors and subcontractors, who do over $10,000 in Government business in one year from discriminating in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. The Executive Order also requires Government contractors to take affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of their employment. Additionally, Executive Order 11246 prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from, under certain circumstances, taking adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co‐workers.

Yes, I joked--because if every black person got 10M for discrimination--I'd be happy too! I even stated that he won because the law was broken and he was discriminated against. How is that denial?
Oh so if every black person got 10 million too youd be happy if people were racist towards them? Wow. Thats the most twisted defense of racism ever. Keep up the bad work.

Where did I say I was okay with happened in the Lion King? I didn't even respond to that.
Yup, your silence on it is telling.

LOL the world doesnt turn on your say so. The word woke has a new meaning, so deal with it.

Oh so if every black person got 10 million too youd be happy if people were racist towards them? Wow. Thats the most twisted defense of racism ever. Keep up the bad work.
Uh, no--not at all. I think my record here stands very firm on how I feel about ANYONE being discriminated against. My meaning was clear, even if my writing of it was poor. If all the black people who brought a case of racial discrimination also won 10M in their suits--that would make me just as happy as the white man who was denied work because of those abusing Affirmative Action. I was actually saying his win was important and right.
Yup, your silence on it is telling.
I didn't reply to it because we had a good example in play already--and I don't know anything about that case. All discrimination is wrong.
LOL the world doesnt turn on your say so. The word woke has a new meaning, so deal with it.
Okie dokie ;)

Uh, no--not at all. I think my record here stands very firm on how I feel about ANYONE being discriminated against.
You just giggled when a white person was discriminated against. Your record sure stands alright.

My meaning was clear, even if my writing of it was poor. If all the black people who brought a case of racial discrimination also won 10M in their suits--that would make me just as happy as the white man who was denied work because of those abusing Affirmative Action. I was actually saying his win was important and right.
He won $10 million because that was how much his position was worth on the market. Show me some proof that blacks were fired from a high paying job because of their race who didnt win a similar amount.

You just giggled when a white person was discriminated against. Your record sure stands alright.

He won $10 million because that was how much his position was worth on the market. Show me some proof that blacks were fired from a high paying job because of their race who didnt win a similar amount.
One doesn't even have to bring wrongful termination into the matter. Jesse Jackson's 1996 discrimination suit won the plaintiffs a $176 million dollar judgment, though who knows who actually got what.

Back
Top Bottom