• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children’s author Roald Dahl’s beloved books scrubbed by ‘sensitivity experts’

Of course there is: CRT, inclusion and diversity mandates, reverse discrimination, to name a few.

Nope, all those are separate things and are lumped under woke by right wing nutters. Diversity is a mainstream corporate policy that has nothing to do with woke and everything to do with the global nature of business in today’s corporate world. It is actually beneficial to the success of corporations, and not something being imposed on them.

There is no reverse discrimination and any form of discrimination doesn’t qualify as woke by any measure of the word. Once again, it is a right wing nutter idea about woke. Affirmative Action started well before the work woke ever entered popular thought. So did anti-discrimination laws. They have been part and parcel of American politics and culture for decades and were never before described as woke.

The pointing out at an imaginary “woke philosophy” is the desperate flailing of the right wing nutters trying to “own the libs” rather than contribute anything positive to the country.

Your drivel, when spoken twice, doesn't become any more truthful.

Left wing nutters may convince themselves that they're being "nice" when they try to deprive people of livelihood because left wing nutters want to enforce a philosophy of human interaction based in fear of reprisals. But they can't convince anyone else that they're anything but trolls.

Your drivel is drivel.

I've seen her comments and she deserves to have consequences for what she's written. That doesn't mean she's being cancelled because of "woke" beliefs. She's being cancelled because she's an asshat who thinks Trump's election was stolen, that Nazi's were no worse to Jews than schoolyard bullies, and an anti-vaxxer. None of those are 'anti-woke' they're just anti-intelligence.

What's the phrase conservatives like to use? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes? I'm sure she'll land a nice deal with Fox.

And then after you've lied about what Carano said (at least the "schoolyard bullies" thing, while it's rubbish, is a novel distortion), your next assignment is to justify the firing of a University math professor because he dared to disagree with the concept of "microaggressions:"

But I'm sure an apologist like you can justify anything that hurts your secular woke religion. Still, you're not posting anything that supports your claim to your side's alleged intelligence.

Nope, all those are separate things and are lumped under woke by right wing nutters. Diversity is a mainstream corporate policy that has nothing to do with woke and everything to do with the global nature of business in today’s corporate world. It is actually beneficial to the success of corporations, and not something being imposed on them.

There is no reverse discrimination and any form of discrimination doesn’t qualify as woke by any measure of the word. Once again, it is a right wing nutter idea about woke. Affirmative Action started well before the work woke ever entered popular thought. So did anti-discrimination laws. They have been part and parcel of American politics and culture for decades and were never before described as woke.

The pointing out at an imaginary “woke philosophy” is the desperate flailing of the right wing nutters trying to “own the libs” rather than contribute anything positive to the country.
More left wing nutter philosophy.

And then after you've lied about what Carano said (at least the "schoolyard bullies" thing, while it's rubbish, is a novel distortion), your next assignment is to justify the firing of a University math professor because he dared to disagree with the concept of "microaggressions:"

But I'm sure an apologist like you can justify anything that hurts your secular woke religion. Still, you're not posting anything that supports your claim to your side's alleged intelligence.
Lol....whatever I say will make you hostile because I didn't (thankfully) pass your Trump litmus test. That's okay, I forgive you. I just don't have time to entertain you today 🙃

It is actually beneficial to the success of corporations, and not something being imposed on them.
AmEx is currently facing a class action lawsuit for discriminating against White employees following the adoption of DEI hackery. How is that beneficial to the company?

Lol....whatever I say will make you hostile because I didn't (thankfully) pass your Trump litmus test. That's okay, I forgive you. I just don't have time to entertain you today 🙃
Yes, you've defended people who were outraged by Gina Carano putting "boop boop" in her pronouns display, but you're going to claim that *I* am hostile. Same old Lib doublethink.

AmEx is currently facing a class action lawsuit for discriminating against White employees following the adoption of DEI hackery. How is that beneficial to the company?

That has nothing to do with corporate policies of inclusion because those policies do not exclude whites. This is an example of whites overreacting and bringing a frivolous law suit. This doesn’t demonstrate that the policy hurts the company, just that whites think it is hurting them. The lawsuit only hurts the company if it is decided against them. Companies as big as AmEx face lawsuits all the time.

Yes, you've defended people who were outraged by Gina Carano putting "boop boop" in her pronouns display, but you're going to claim that *I* am hostile. Same old Lib doublethink.
Wow...thats just goofy. I love Gina as an actress but her trash talking the holocaust is a big detractor. But I wouldn't have fired her, at the same time I wouldn't infringe on the rights of her employer to fire her either. Same with wayward football players getting benched or traded. Take a minute to get to know a person. Gina is free to say what she wants...doesn't mean I have to agree 👍

Wow...thats just goofy. I love Gina as an actress but her trash talking the holocaust is a big detractor. But I wouldn't have fired her, at the same time I wouldn't infringe on the rights of her employer to fire her either. Same with wayward football players getting benched or traded. Take a minute to get to know a person. Gina is free to say what she wants...doesn't mean I have to agree 👍
There was no trash talking of the Holocaust. Carano didn't even compare Libs to Nazis, though in her situation the temptation must have been strong. She simply compared the hate of political opponents in America to the hate of Germans who accepted the necessity to get rid of their supposed enemies the Jews, and thus made it easier for the literal Nazi Party to take power.

If you want to disagree with someone, at least understand what that person says first.

There was no trash talking of the Holocaust. Carano didn't even compare Libs to Nazis, though in her situation the temptation must have been strong. She simply compared the hate of political opponents in America to the hate of Germans who accepted the necessity to get rid of their supposed enemies the Jews, and thus made it easier for the literal Nazi Party to take power.

If you want to disagree with someone, at least understand what that person says first.
I did--I believe that she's comparing liberals to Nazis, but accusing the Nazis of treating Jews like schoolyard bullies--thus saying Nazis and Liberals are just schoolyard bullies who like to pick on people.

Here's a good rule of thumb, however--no matter how victimized you feel because of partisan politics, don't compare yourself to what the Jews went through under the Nazi regime. It's very disrespectful to the actual victims.

I feel this way because I'm an actual victim and feel that when people use the word "grooming" in any other way than it's actual meaning, I get very offended and make sure I say something.

You never know if there's an actual victim--or descendant of a victim--who can see/hear what you're writing/saying.

That's just my personal feelings about that one comment. The rest of her conspiracy theory adherence is not a biggie to me. I think it's silly, but I respect her right to believe what she likes.

I did--I believe that she's comparing liberals to Nazis, but accusing the Nazis of treating Jews like schoolyard bullies--thus saying Nazis and Liberals are just schoolyard bullies who like to pick on people.

Here's a good rule of thumb, however--no matter how victimized you feel because of partisan politics, don't compare yourself to what the Jews went through under the Nazi regime. It's very disrespectful to the actual victims.

I feel this way because I'm an actual victim and feel that when people use the word "grooming" in any other way than it's actual meaning, I get very offended and make sure I say something.

You never know if there's an actual victim--or descendant of a victim--who can see/hear what you're writing/saying.

That's just my personal feelings about that one comment. The rest of her conspiracy theory adherence is not a biggie to me. I think it's silly, but I respect her right to believe what she likes.

You say you hate the use of the word "grooming" being given some special meaning, but you've used the words "schoolyard bullies" to characterize Carano's statement. I know you must know that this phrase occurs nowhere in the tweets, so what did she say that in your mind TRANSLATES into "Nazis as schoolyard bullies."

If you want others to be precise, set a good example.

The meanings of words change. Woke is reverse discrimination combined with identity politics. Thats reality, deal with it.

There is no reverse discrimination
Woke lies exposed again. I already posted this in the last reply. Its funny you missed it.

The meanings of words change. Woke is reverse discrimination combined with identity politics. Thats reality, deal with it.

Woke lies exposed again. I already posted this in the last reply. Its funny you missed it.

Just to be clear--abusing Affirmative Action is illegal and anti-woke.

Looks like it improved his! :)
He had to go to court, which means spending a lot of money on a lawyer. Someone who doesnt have that kind of money would be out on the street.

Wokeists use reverse discrimination all the time. Its part of their modus operandi.

This speaks to the importance of offering professors tenure.

He had to go to court, which means spending a lot of money on a lawyer. Someone who doesnt have that kind of money would be out on the street.

Wokeists use reverse discrimination all the time. Its part of their modus operandi.

He won 10Million dollars--and I'm sure the lawyers were paid just fine. All sorts of people are discriminated against--and it's not right whenever it happens. However, you seem to only care when white people have that happen--what about everyone else?

I don't think you know what woke actually is. But that's okay--you're in good company on that one :)

Interesting rebuttal

"Yevre Sew: “RID [Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Inc] code of professional conduct clearly states in tenet 4.0 “Respect for Consumers” – Guiding Principle: Interpreters are expected to honor consumer preferences in the selection of interpreters and interpreting dynamics while recognizing the realities of qualifications, availability, and situation. That is what Keith Wann should have done. When the Black Deaf community expressed its preference for a black interpreter, Keith as a white man should have graciously accepted the request and promptly resigned from the position.”"

Link

He won 10Million dollars--and I'm sure the lawyers were paid just fine. All sorts of people are discriminated against--and it's not right whenever it happens. However, you seem to only care when white people have that happen--what about everyone else?
Unlike you, Im against any sort of discrimination, whether it be white, black or whoever.

don't think you know what woke actually is. But that's okay--you're in good company on that one

Youre projecting.

I don't think you know what woke actually is. But that's okay--you're in good company on that one :)

White folks have taken over the courts in the Jackson, MS black community, but you won't hear a word.

Unlike you, Im against any sort of discrimination, whether it be white, black or whoever.

Youre projecting.
Unlike me? When have you ever seen me deny the right of a white person to sue based on discrimination? Or that I even deny it happens?

Unlike me? When have you ever seen me deny the right of a white person to sue based on discrimination? Or that I even deny it happens?
You denied reverse discrimination existed. When I showed you a news report that proved otherwise you just laughed it off, saying he got rich anyway so it was all good. Your flippant attitude is telling.

Interesting rebuttal

"Yevre Sew: “RID [Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Inc] code of professional conduct clearly states in tenet 4.0 “Respect for Consumers” – Guiding Principle: Interpreters are expected to honor consumer preferences in the selection of interpreters and interpreting dynamics while recognizing the realities of qualifications, availability, and situation. That is what Keith Wann should have done. When the Black Deaf community expressed its preference for a black interpreter, Keith as a white man should have graciously accepted the request and promptly resigned from the position.”"

Link
So youre OK with that silly, racist reasoning? Well, thats you.

You denied reverse discrimination existed. When I showed you a news report that proved otherwise you just laughed it off, saying he got rich anyway so it was all good. Your flippant attitude is telling.
Yes, I joked--because if every black person got 10M for discrimination--I'd be happy too! I even stated that he won because the law was broken and he was discriminated against. How is that denial?
So youre OK with that silly, racist reasoning? Well, thats you.
Where did I say I was okay with happened in the Lion King? I didn't even respond to that. Did you forget who you're replying to? Just curious, because I've accidentally ascribed things to the wrong person sometimes--and I've apologized when I've done so.

Back
Top Bottom