• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Child sex abuse by Illinois Catholic clergy spans state and decades, AG investigation finds

Yep, all that projecting onto trans. Cons are a joke.

Their omniscient and omniporant god planned it. He could have stopped it but he didn't. Why do people pray to a pedophile?
Jesus save me from your followers, Amen.

Jesus save me from your followers, Amen.
iu

"Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago." -George Carlin

"Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago." -George Carlin
I saw Carlin in March of 1992.

What an awesome meme.
This did not make me popular with my very Catholic family when I posted in on Facebook. When someone mentions Thoughts and Prayers, remind them of this.

I'm sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that every Roman Catholic priest is a sexual deviant, closet homosexual, and child molester. I am not a Roman Catholic and there are doctrinal reasons why. Personally, one reason is that Roman Catholic priests are suppose to be celebrate and I honestly feel that this runs not only against early Church doctrine, but also both the teaching of the Old and New Testaments. And this is likely where much of the problems begin. What becomes a real issue is that many of this lawsuits are not only years but decades after the alleged assaults were to have taken place. One would think that by the time a man turns 18 19 or 21, that he would no longer feel threatened by his "alleged" attacker, not in any case to disregard the fact that he (the alleged victim) certainly could beat the crap out of a priest that took advantage of him.

One cannot help but wonder how many of these lawsuits would exist if all the victim would receive was an apology and the payment of any incurred legal expenses, and medical testing. I don't take child abuse lightly. It is a deviant and most terrible and grievous event in a victim's life; however, I don't see how children so attacked and molested wouldn't demonstrate a serious change in their behavior IMMEDIATELY and not when they hit middle age. One child in a dysfunctional family situation might just be able to slip through the cracks. But when a multitude of former victims come out of the woodwork, who are now pro abortionists, gay, alcohol/drug addicted, atheists, or simply unable to hold a job, one must begin to wonder if there isn't something more sinister afoot. Any man who would sexually harm children wouldn't be able to hide his own peculiarities and demeanor from those around him for long, and he would be discovered. I know that as the parent of an underaged child, I would rip the guy apart who even threatened my child with sexual abuse, let alone actually perform it! And I cannot imagine that not being the case of all children from any household, let alone a Christian one. It would be better if a millstone were tied to his neck and he was cast into the deepest sea. But again, even in the Bible, it doesn't appear to be a money making opportunity.

I'm sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that every Roman Catholic priest is a sexual deviant, closet homosexual, and child molester. I am not a Roman Catholic and there are doctrinal reasons why. Personally, one reason is that Roman Catholic priests are suppose to be celebrate and I honestly feel that this runs not only against early Church doctrine, but also both the teaching of the Old and New Testaments. And this is likely where much of the problems begin. What becomes a real issue is that many of this lawsuits are not only years but decades after the alleged assaults were to have taken place. One would think that by the time a man turns 18 19 or 21, that he would no longer feel threatened by his "alleged" attacker, not in any case to disregard the fact that he (the alleged victim) certainly could beat the crap out of a priest that took advantage of him.

One cannot help but wonder how many of these lawsuits would exist if all the victim would receive was an apology and the payment of any incurred legal expenses, and medical testing. I don't take child abuse lightly. It is a deviant and most terrible and grievous event in a victim's life; however, I don't see how children so attacked and molested wouldn't demonstrate a serious change in their behavior IMMEDIATELY and not when they hit middle age. One child in a dysfunctional family situation might just be able to slip through the cracks. But when a multitude of former victims come out of the woodwork, who are now pro abortionists, gay, alcohol/drug addicted, atheists, or simply unable to hold a job, one must begin to wonder if there isn't something more sinister afoot. Any man who would sexually harm children wouldn't be able to hide his own peculiarities and demeanor from those around him for long, and he would be discovered. I know that as the parent of an underaged child, I would rip the guy apart who even threatened my child with sexual abuse, let alone actually perform it! And I cannot imagine that not being the case of all children from any household, let alone a Christian one. It would be better if a millstone were tied to his neck and he was cast into the deepest sea. But again, even in the Bible, it doesn't appear to be a money making opportunity.
Who is saying that every RC priest is a child molester?

No one.

But, there are, and were many, much more than people think. And the church covered it up for decades.

Who is saying that every RC priest is a child molester?

No one.

But, there are, and were many, much more than people think. And the church covered it up for decades.
Maybe registering as part of the sex offenders list should be part of the ordination ceremony?

Your meme's irrational.

No way does that mean praying tells God He needs a change of plans!
First of all - how can a praying man means that when he doesn't even know the plan of God?

UNLESS God tells you in details what His plans are - like the way He told Abraham His decision to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah - how will you know?
Abraham did negotiate with GOD, regarding Sodom and Gomorrah.

Genesis 18

Abraham Pleads for Sodom

16 When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way.
17 Then the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?

18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him.[a]
19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”

20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[b]
23 Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare[c] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it?
25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”

27 Then Abraham spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes,

28 what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?”

“If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”

29 Once again he spoke to him, “What if only forty are found there?”

He said, “For the sake of forty, I will not do it.”

30 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?”
He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

31 Abraham said, “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?”
He said, “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it.”

32 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”
He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

33 When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.

God listened to Abraham....................and even went along with Abraham's proposal..................therefore, your analysis of God (which is based on Scriptural ignorance), is wrong.

We live in a cursed world. That's a done deal.
That's why our world is mired in brutality and evil....................................... and we deal with pain, injustice and hardships.
Nothing will change that, at present.
Christians know though, when the curse will end.

But God does intervenes in our daily life, if and whenever He wants to.
He does answers prayers........................though many times, the answers doesn't come looking anywhere like what we'd hoped for and expected.
We usually see how our prayers have been answered, in hindsight.

What makes you assume that an answered prayer changes GOD's plan?

Furthermore - with so many answered prayers being given in personal testimonies - where do you base your fanciful theory that praying to God is a danger to us?

Here are so many personal testimonies - and some of them came from atheists who ended up converting!

OK, you asked for it, so dont blame me if it offends you. This simple logical chart got me unfriended by 2 relatives on Facebook. LOLZ!

iu

OK, you asked for it, so dont blame me if it offends you. This simple logical chart got me unfriended by 2 relatives on Facebook. LOLZ!

iu

Maybe you got "unfriended" not because your relatives got offended.
Perhaps, those two relatives who unfriended you, are embarrassed to be associated with you?

Because - what you posted is "face-palm" worthy? 😁

What you've been mining from other sites, are evidently ignorant of the Scriptures!
You're showing us that you're using those ignorant sources............................................... because you couldn't tell that they are ignorant.
Let me explain it:

GOD already knows what we're going to pray for - way before we prayed for it.
God knows what we want.
He is OMNISCIENT - remember?

So, there!

But - why do we still need to pray?
TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND SHOW OUR DEPENDENCE ON HIM.
To be humble before Him.

C'mon.
Think about what you've given: the meme and now this chart.
let's face it - that chart is rubbish when you're referring to the Abrahamic God.
It's juvenile.

Answer my questions:

Furthermore - with so many answered prayers being given in personal testimonies - where do you base your fanciful theory that praying to God is a danger to us?

Maybe you got "unfriended" not because your relatives got offended.
Perhaps, those two relatives who unfriended you, are embarrassed to be associated with you?

Because - what you posted is "face-palm" worthy? 😁

What you've been mining from other sites, are evidently ignorant of the Scriptures!
You're showing us that you're using those ignorant sources............................................... because you couldn't tell that they are ignorant.
Let me explain it:

GOD already knows what we're going to pray for - way before we prayed for it.
God knows what we want.
He is OMNISCIENT - remember?

So, there!

But - why do we still need to pray?
TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND SHOW OUR DEPENDENCE ON HIM.
To be humble before Him.

C'mon.
Think about what you've given: the meme and now this chart.
let's face it - that chart doesn't say anything.
It's juvenile.

Answer my questions:

If your god already know then your prayer is a waste of time. If your god is omniscient then he is not going to change his plans for you.

Logic is a foreign language.

If your god already know then your prayer is a waste of time. If your god is omniscient then he is not going to change his plans for you.

I ask again:

Didn't God answer so many prayers - some even come from non-believers?
What makes you think that an answered prayer would change God's plan?

Logic is a foreign language.

To you?
You're admitting that?

I ask again:

Didn't God answer so many prayers - some even come from non-believers?
What makes you think that an answered prayer would change God's plan?
How can prayers possibly come from non believers? If they dont believe that god exists then why would they prayer to a nonexistent entity?

🤦
To you?
You're admitting that?
I have studied logic. Its so innate to me that I was shocked that others had to learn it.

Back
Top Bottom