• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Child sex abuse by Illinois Catholic clergy spans state and decades, AG investigation finds

How can prayers possibly come from non believers? If they dont believe that god exists then why would they prayer to a nonexistent entity?

Why do you have to ask that?

You haven't heard the saying about a drowning man?

Out of desperation, a non-believer may just give praying a try.
You think that's not possible?

🤦

I have studied logic. Its so innate to me that I was shocked that others had to learn it.

Well - anyone can do some posturing. We see that here often times.

it's not what we claim. Anyone can make claims about anything.
It's usually about what we show. How we try to "rationalize."

If we make an ILLOGICAL claim, or we use an ILLOGICAL meme....................it's a reflection on how we think. 🤷

Btw - how come you're not answering the question?

Last edited:
If your god already know then your prayer is a waste of time. If your god is omniscient then he is not going to change his plans for you.

Logic is a foreign language.
No, your logic is, though...maybe this will clarify for you...there is no individual plan for every person who has ever lived...God's purpose is for mankind in general...whether you will be a part of that purpose or not, is up to you...

The Choice Is Yours

By means of his servant Moses, God said to the nation of Israel: “I have put life and death before you, . . . and you must choose life . . . by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days.” (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) Had God predestinated each Israelite either to love him and gain life or to disregard him and merit death, His words would have been both meaningless and insincere. Do you believe that God, “a lover of justice” and the very personification of love, would act in such an arbitrary way?—Psalm 37:28; 1 John 4:8.

God’s appeal to his servants to choose life applies even more so to us today, for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that we are rapidly approaching the end of the present system of things. (Matthew 24:3-9; 2 Timothy 3:1-5) How do we choose life? We do so in essentially the same way as the ancient Israelites did.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009048

How can prayers possibly come from non believers? If they dont believe that god exists then why would they prayer to a nonexistent entity?

I just recalled a testimony given by an acquaintance (I didn't even know whether he was an atheist or believer since he was only an acquaintance).
He saw us in the parking lot of a busy grocery store and he was excited. He explained that he was an atheist, and his mom was always trying to get him to accept Christ.
Anyway - apparently he owed a big amount of money, he was desperate, and while driving home, he ended up praying to God for help.
When he reached home, he found a cheque in his mailbox (I think it was from an insurance company), and it was for the exact amount of money he owes, to the penny!
He became a convert due to that - and was happy that his mom was still alive to see it happen.

I just recalled a testimony given by an acquaintance (I didn't even know whether he was an atheist or believer since he was only an acquaintance).
He saw us in the parking lot of a busy grocery store and he was excited. He explained that he was an atheist, and his mom was always trying to get him to accept Christ.
Anyway - apparently he owed a big amount of money, he was desperate, and while driving home, he ended up praying to God for help.
When he reached home, he found a cheque in his mailbox (I think it was from an insurance company), and it was for the exact amount of money he owes, to the penny!
He became a convert due to that - and was happy that his mom was still alive to see it happen.

Testimony = First person religious apologetics. The fact that he got the insurance check at the same time he needed it to pay another bill doesn't mean that god interceded for him. JFC!

Its still not proof of god because someone has self-deluded themsleves into beleiving in somthing that cannot be objectively proven to exist.

Testimony = First person religious apologetics. The fact that he got the insurance check at the same time he needed it to pay another bill doesn't mean that god interceded for him. JFC!

Its still not proof of god because someone has self-deluded themsleves into beleiving in somthing that cannot be objectively proven to exist.
I've followed along with tosca 1's many, many, many...deep breath...many, many, many threads regarding her religious beliefs.
But this sort of evidence for god's existence is surreal.
God allows global atrocities to occur and does nothing,
But if someone gets a job or receives a check in the mail.........god did it.....and they become true believers.
I'll become a true believer when god turns Vladimir Putin into a pillar of salt.

You're missing the point.
That it came from the insurance could've been a coincidence.

However - the cheque was for THE EXACT AMOUNT - RIGHT DOWN TO THE PENNY.

As in.................................. if what he owed was $4,167.42 - that's the exact amount written on the cheque!

I don't think that's a coincidence.

Furthermore - there are others who's had the same kind of help.

Speaking of financial help - or, a physical "demonstration" from GOD that He will provide.
There I was walking on my way to the bank to cash my paycheque - talking to God, wondering how it's going to be if let's say, I become unemployed.
When I got to the bank, I found two cheques in my envelope.
One was my regular paycheque.
The other was a BIG amount of money - I couldn't believe the amount that I had to ask the teller if I'm seeing the zeroes right (I didn't have my reading glasses). She said, they're right.
My CHRISTIAN boss just decided to give me a bonus. Out of the blue!

How coincidental is that, that my boss would do that - give a surprise bonus - on the same day I was going to ask such a question to GOD?
To me - it not only showed the answer: not worry about it. Let God handle it. That God will have His ways.
But it also shows that God had already known about what I'll be asking, thus my employer was a tool in providing God's answer.

BTW - that my boss would be happy with me, is another thing that's related to God.
But...........................that's another story. 😁

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom