• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cheney shoots a guy

I apologize in advance for prolonging a topic that should be buried 20 pages back as yesterday's news. The only people who keep after this accident seems to be the media or those with a political axe to grind.

It was an ACCIDENT. Pure and simple. I am SURE Cheney is very remorseful and feels terrible about it. What do you guys want him to do? Why are you rubbing salt in to this personal wound of his? They dogged him out over his gay daughter and now this personal tragedy. They should be ashamed.

I say that knowing I am not a Cheney fan but enough is enough people.

I think the "drinking" thing is tied into this only because of the reporting delay. People remember Teddy Kennedy delayed reporting his accident many years ago and it has been often suspect that he did so to give himself time to sober up. But there really is no proof that this applies to Cheney whatsoever. Only speculation.

Captain America said:
I apologize in advance for prolonging a topic that should be buried 20 pages back as yesterday's news. The only people who keep after this accident seems to be the media or those with a political axe to grind.

It was an ACCIDENT. Pure and simple. I am SURE Cheney is very remorseful and feels terrible about it. What do you guys want him to do? Why are you rubbing salt in to this personal wound of his? They dogged him out over his gay daughter and now this personal tragedy. They should be ashamed.

I say that knowing I am not a Cheney fan but enough is enough people.

I think the "drinking" thing is tied into this only because of the reporting delay. People remember Teddy Kennedy delayed reporting his accident many years ago and it has been often suspect that he did so to give himself time to sober up. But there really is no proof that this applies to Cheney whatsoever. Only speculation.

One teeny weeny difference. Cheney may have waited to tell the press, but he got the victim immediate medical help and got him to the hospital. Kennedy saved himself, let the victim die at the bottom of the lake and told authorities what he had done the next day.

KCConservative said:
One teeny weeny difference. Cheney may have waited to tell the press, but he got the victim immediate medical help and got him to the hospital. Kennedy saved himself, let the victim die at the bottom of the lake and told authorities what he had done the next day.

EXACTLY. Kennedy is an elitest scumbag in my personal opinion. Political, blueblood royalty. I detest those kind of people. Democrat or republican. It don't matter to me.

The very fact that Kennedy is in office, and has remained in office, only points out the flaws in our countries electorial process and the gullability of American voters. Elections. What a farce. You got dumb and dumber. And now, people says Diebold gets to decide.

I wish we passed a constitutional amendment requiring at LEAST five seperate parties and put a campaign spending cap on each one of them, like they do a football team. With NO LOOPHOLES. But alas, I am a dreamer.

Pacridge said:
I think had Cheney just came out, immediately,

True, but it's most likely S.O.P. to let the spin meisters think tank everything first. There is bound to be a certain amount of delay.

Speaking of monkeys, how does Elk taste? Like Venison? True, bow hunting is more of a challenge than guns. But what with our knowledge of camo, smell, etc, I've always thought if one could bring down a deer with a shovel that would be impressive. Maximum effective range of a shovel is about 10 yards.

I spooked a deer in Germany years ago and chased him into a fence where he got stuck. I untangled him of course and sent him on his way. Technically, can I say I caught a deer with my bare hands?

Taking a Quail with a wrist rocket would be a challenge.

teacher said:
True, but it's most likely S.O.P. to let the spin meisters think tank everything first. There is bound to be a certain amount of delay.

Speaking of monkeys, how does Elk taste? Like Venison? True, bow hunting is more of a challenge than guns. But what with our knowledge of camo, smell, etc, I've always thought if one could bring down a deer with a shovel that would be impressive. Maximum effective range of a shovel is about 10 yards.

I spooked a deer in Germany years ago and chased him into a fence where he got stuck. I untangled him of course and sent him on his way. Technically, can I say I caught a deer with my bare hands?

Taking a Quail with a wrist rocket would be a challenge.

Not sure a shovel would be very effective at ten yards, maybe one or two.

I prefer elk to deer any day. I turned the last few deer I've gotten into summer sausage and pepperoni. To me a prefect elk is a small younger bull, something around a 5 point. Nice and tender. I stopped feeling the need to horn hunt some years ago.

I think technically you can say you watched a fence catch a deer. Was it any trouble getting him free? A hunting friend of mine once came upon a yearling elk that had somehow got himself caught in the yoke of a tree. Somehow he'd managed to get into it and his back legs couldn't quite reach the ground to get himself back out of it. My friend came back to camp looking like he'd been mugged by about ten guys. Got him out, just got the living cr*p beat out him doing it.

Pacridge said:
Not sure a shovel would be very effective at ten yards, maybe one or two.

I practice. Closer I go to the wind up and overhead slam.
I prefer elk to deer any day. I turned the last few deer I've gotten into summer sausage and pepperoni. To me a prefect elk is a small younger bull, something around a 5 point. Nice and tender. I stopped feeling the need to horn hunt some years ago.
Imagine the racks on bucks if all these past years the small antlered bucks had been taken.

I think technically you can say you watched a fence catch a deer.
I choose to ignore that.
Was it any trouble getting him free?
Hell yea. And scarey too. It's unreal how strong those things are.
A hunting friend of mine once came upon a yearling elk that had somehow got himself caught in the yoke of a tree. Somehow he'd managed to get into it and his back legs couldn't quite reach the ground to get himself back out of it. My friend came back to camp looking like he'd been mugged by about ten guys. Got him out, just got the living cr*p beat out him doing it.

Classic story.

Case closed. No neglegence. No alcohol. No mischief. An accident. That's all. The Sherrifs Department investigated and the case is now closed. Sorry libs. You'll need to keep searching for the scandal you've been so desperate for. But it was fun watching you salivate. Good luck. :2wave:

KCConservative said:
One teeny weeny difference. Cheney may have waited to tell the press, but he got the victim immediate medical help and got him to the hospital.
So, if I shoot a guy and take him to seek medical treatment immediatly.... then it's ok? What kind of BS is that?

KCConservative said:
Case closed. No neglegence. No alcohol. No mischief. An accident. That's all. The Sherrifs Department investigated and the case is now closed. Sorry libs. You'll need to keep searching for the scandal you've been so desperate for. But it was fun watching you salivate. Good luck. :2wave:
I think it's been well proven of neglegence when you turn around and shoot some one who's behind you. It's simply that there no such law in Texas to prosecute such a case. Thus the vp gets a get out of jail free card.

jfuh said:
I think it's been well proven of neglegence when you turn around and shoot some one who's behind you. It's simply that there no such law in Texas to prosecute such a case. Thus the vp gets a get out of jail free card.
Then your issue is with the Texas law and not the Vice President...

I suggest you write letters...

Originally posted by alphieb:
It's not about having "fun". I was just simply suggesting it is a possibility. Perhaps, he hadn't drunk a drop. It is just speculation. It is also natural to speculate when something of this nature happens. If he had been drinking we would never know anyway as it would be covered up.
This has nothing to do with what your talking about, but I just saw the picture of you in a white teddy hyperlinked in teacher's sig, and "I think I love you!" If you ever come out to socal, we gotta hook up. I guarantee I'm a lot different than your husband. I'd treat you like a beautiful woman, not a trophy wife. Well, I guess I better wake up now...

cnredd said:
Then your issue is with the Texas law and not the Vice President...

I suggest you write letters...
I have issues with a lot of things. However for KC conservative to claim that there was no neglegence involved is just bullshit. It was neglegence that caused the whole thing in the first place.
WHy is it always an argument of republicans vs dem's or cons vs libs for him all the time?

jfuh said:
So, if I shoot a guy and take him to seek medical treatment immediatly.... then it's ok? What kind of BS is that?

It was an accident.

jfuh said:
However for KC conservative to claim that there was no neglegence involved is just bullshit. It was neglegence that caused the whole thing in the first place.
Nope, sorry. You think there was. Those who were there and those who investigated have determined differently. I know it sucks because you thought you had the perfect scandal. Sorry man.

While the media was so focused on Dick's unfortunant mishap, the whole nation missed a scathing report on the administration regarding Katrina. Iran declared they were enriching uranium. Iran was declared by global poll to be the most dangerous and unstable country on the planet. (The US came in second.:roll: ) And I bet a lot of other Bushit slipped through the cracks as well. Good job Rove!

Nothing up my sleeve.......PRESTO!

DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN!:shock:

Last edited:
:cool:
Captain America said:
While the media was so focused on Dick's unfortunant mishap, the whole nation missed a scathing report on the administration regarding Katrina. Iran declared they were enriching uranium. Iran was declared by global poll to be the most dangerous and unstable country on the planet. (The US came in second.:roll: ) And I bet a lot of other Bushit slipped through the cracks as well. Good job Rove!

Nothing up my sleeve.......PRESTO!

DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN!:shock:
I don't know if Rove was scripting, but if he was, you'd have to admit the plan would be to "say nothing and plan on the media acting like little children having hissy fits"...

And the media complied...

cnredd said:
:cool: I don't know if Rove was scripting, but if he was, you'd have to admit the plan would be to "say nothing and plan on the media acting like little children having hissy fits"...

And the media complied...

The Fourth Estate is so predictable, isn't it?

Originally posted by KCConservative:
Nope, sorry. You think there was. Those who were there and those who investigated have determined differently. I know it sucks because you thought you had the perfect scandal. Sorry man.
I think Chaney is one of the biggest liars on the planet. But I don't think he deliberately shot his friend. Unless he called Chaney's daughter a lesbian. Or he was seeing his wife behind his back. Or maybe he called him, "An asshole!", like that guy in the croud down in New Orleans when Chaney went to see the Katrina damage a few days late. Or maybe he thought he was Dan Quale. Or maybe this story has longer legs than it should.

KC, aren't you a little old to be carrying pom pom's? What if Chaney walked up to Winningham, put the shotgun to the base of his skull (execution style), and pulled the trigger blowing his head into the next election? What would you say then? Winningham had it coming? We don't know what was going on because we weren't there? Winningham had obviously been reading to much Cat in the Hat? I mean, how far does your cheerleading go? Have you ever drawn a line in the sand and said, "This is as far as my support goes." Have you ever had your own thoughts?

Hey, I just had a thought. What if it was you instead of Winningham that had gotten shot? What would you say then?

Chaney visits you in the hospital...

Chaney: I'm sorry I shot you.
KC: I know.
Chaney: Can you forgive me?
KC: I already have.
Chaney: Are you still my friend?
KC: Baby, I'd follow you to Oklahoma!

Is that what you'd say?

alphieb said:
It was an accident.
An accident that was a result of negligence, yes I don't question that at all.

KCConservative said:
WHo's saying anything about a scandal? You like to put words in peoples mouths don't you? Is that your "conservative" way?
So you're saying now that turning around nearly 180 degrees and shooting to where you know your hunting party was is not negligence? Confusing a 6 ft man with a 6inch high bird is not negligence?
You've never been in a hunting group have you?

Cheney said later he thought he was shooting
at that "Cindy bitch" in his words.

cherokee said:
Cheney said later he thought he was shooting
at that "Cindy bitch" in his words.
Seriously?

jfuh said:
Seriously?

No but since its in the basement I thought I would add that..:lol:

I think he would liked to have shot her.

cherokee said:
No but since its in the basement I thought I would add that..:lol:

I think he would liked to have shot her.
Lol, gotcha

jfuh said:
So you're saying now that turning around nearly 180 degrees and shooting to where you know your hunting party was is not negligence?

I'm not saying that. The Sheriff's Department investigated and determined that it was an accident. Throw the blame all you like, make it what you want it to be, but at the end of the day, the case is closed and there will be no charges filed. You'll have to wait until next week. I'm sure there will be another 'Get Bush' scandal by then.

Back
Top Bottom