• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chauvin Seeks New Trial, Alleges Prosecutorial & Jury Misconduct

Personally, I think there were too many oddities and a new trial should take place. Don't get me wrong, I still believe he will be convicted of at least one of the charges, but in my view the integrity of our justice system requires a retrial.

Personally, I think there were too many oddities and a new trial should take place. Don't get me wrong, I still believe he will be convicted of at least one of the charges, but in my view the integrity of our justice system requires a retrial.
😂

Your party and movement is such a joke. A white cop is on video murdering someone for 9 minutes and gets convicted and this is the one that makes yall question the integrity of our justice system?

Keep hitting that gas and speeding towards irrelevancy. 😂

It will be interesting to see what happens. This will almost certainly result in a Schwartz hearing with this juror facing some tough questions. His participation in the event (and lying about it), answers to other questions, and his comments to the media about black men needing to 'aggressively work to get on juries', will be issues. It's going to be a problem. He's being very careful with what he says to the press - Cahill is likely to press hard though. Judges don't like lying, or even Clintonesque responses to avoid questions.

It will also be interesting to see if another jury makes questionable remarks, or for other reasons trigger more questioning. If any admit that they felt outside pressure, it's over.

😂

Your party and movement is such a joke. A white cop is on video murdering someone for 9 minutes and gets convicted and this is the one that makes yall question the integrity of our justice system?

As reprehensible as Chauvin's actions were, he deserves due process, and a fair trial. This protects the integrity of the system for everyone.

As reprehensible as Chauvin's actions were, he deserves due process, and a fair trial. This protects the integrity of the system for everyone.
He got due process. You don't get do overs just because you don't like the verdict. 😂

He got due process. You don't get do overs just because you don't like the verdict. 😂
I don't think he did. And it has nothing to do with whether I 'liked' the verdict, or agree with it.

... just going to point that wearing a confederate flag, or being pictured with one, have never been disqualifiers from jury duty anywhere in anyone's trial.

Chauvin and his gang of interweb lawyers, prosecutors, and police interlocutors are grasping at straws.

😁

No mulligans.

Of course you have evidence of this, counselor. Other than your feelings, I mean, and your sad that a white cop didn't get away with killing a black man on camera.
God, this is a stupid ****ing post.

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE​

Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

• Overall, we rate ZeroHedge an extreme right-biased conspiracy website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information that routinely denigrates the left.

Detailed Report​

Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

History

Launched in 2009, ZeroHedge is a finance blog founded by Colin Lokey, also known as “Tyler Durden,” Daniel Ivandjiiski, and Tim Backshall. According to a Bloomberg Interview, the ZeroHedge founders/authors were anonymous until 2016. A Professional Service Subscription is required to read the rest of Bloomberg’s interview; however, a New Yorker article also covered their history.
ZeroHedge wrote a rebuttal article regarding the Bloomberg interview that can be found here. A quote reads: “Zero Hedge hired Colin after he approached us over a year ago begging for a job after being fired with cause from Seeking Alpha, following a fight with a co-worker.”
Read our profile on Bulgaria’s government and media.

Funded by / Ownership

The website is registered in Bulgaria under the name Georgi Georgiev, a business partner of Krassimir Ivandjiiski.
According to Rationalwiki, the only writer “conclusively” identified is “Dan Ivandjiiski, who conducts public interviews on behalf of Zero Hedge.” The blog generates revenue from online advertising.

Analysis / Bias

In a quote from the above New Yorker article, they summarize the blog’s political stance, which Lokey told Bloomberg is: “Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft.”
ZeroHedge’s content has been classified as “alt-right” and has been criticized for presenting conspiracy theories.

Zero Hedge is a fake news site out of Bulgaria.

The article is a half truth at best.

Do you understand how ****ing stupid posts like this is? The content provided is literally reported by multiple news agencies. Posting a god damned stupid media bias post will not change it. It never does.

Whatever your white wing concern is it isn't grounded in reality.
Given that you are deflecting with a personal attack, it's clear that you don't have a real basis for that.

It's hard to imagine a trial where there was more external pressure to come up with a particular verdict. It was extraordinary. Normally, elected officials and news outlets are very careful to avoid anything that could impact the trial. The city council flat ignored it by announcing the settlement. Maxine Waters literally flew in to stoke the flames. Protesters made it very clear that any other verdict would result in the city going up in flames. All the defense has to do is show that it impacted the trial - and that won't be hard to do. This particular juror is going to be a part of that. It has nothing to do with race.

Given that you are deflecting with a personal attack, it's clear that you don't have a real basis for that.

It's hard to imagine a trial where there was more external pressure to come up with a particular verdict. It was extraordinary. Normally, elected officials and news outlets are very careful to avoid anything that could impact the trial. The city council flat ignored it by announcing the settlement. Maxine Waters literally flew in to stoke the flames. Protesters made it very clear that any other verdict would result in the city going up in flames. All the defense has to do is show that it impacted the trial - and that won't be hard to do. This particular juror is going to be a part of that. It has nothing to do with race.

Bookmarked to see the tears in a year when this “theory” has been destroyed by the appeals court...

😂

The "mob rules" thing is cute, and it's trendy, but our justice system has a set of rules that were put in place to protect the rights of everyone. I'm not questioning the verdict, just the process by which it was reached.

I realize that "rules" and "rights" are irrelevant to your bunch, so I suggest you folks go burn down a liquor store or maybe beat up another old white guy to make yourselves feel better. I mean, that how you people roll these days.

Bookmarked to see the tears in a year when this “theory” has been destroyed by the appeals court...
It's hardly a theory. Again, if you support having a fair judicial system for minorities - you have to support it for all. This venom with regards to the process, pushing on the scales of justice for a person you don't like, makes it more difficult for everyone to get a fair trial.

Back
Top Bottom