• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Censorship, misinformation, and Democracy

A lot of the misinformation that ends up having to be called out is because it does people harm.

No, it doesn't do people harm, the people did the harm to themselves. You leftists are constantly implying that adults should be treated like children.

People have seriously messed themselves up taking animal medicine or fish tank supplies for example.

So what? A adult human has the right to put whatever they want into their own body.

Your team literally created the Steele Dossier and 'Trump Is a Russian Agent' hoax.
Careful. You don’t want to get into a “hoax-off” in discussing Trump. Should we discuss his university, his foundation, his birtherism, or one of the many elections he claimed was rigged.

And of course Trump was not a Russian agent. He was a Russian asset.

No, it doesn't do people harm, the people did the harm to themselves. You leftists are constantly implying that adults should be treated like children.
Splitting hairs
So what? A adult human has the right to put whatever they want into their own body.
Incorrect. There are plenty of laws against that, such as drugs.

Then stop wasting your time on FB and Twitter and get in line for an Untruth account. If they don't have horseshit yet, they will someday. Also, there are mutiple far right wing echo chambers out there.
What good would that do? We need a forum where the left and right can exchange views, not two separate signs with each side can circle jerk each other.

Where you think they come from?
Human social instincts and societal consensus, also there is no hard list for what they are, but tend to cover a few common things that tend to happen in every society.

People tend to want to have a right to a certain social and economic equality and mobility for instance.

:Are you say conservative posters have not been blocked or deplatformed for saying the wrong things? Care to explain the massive panty-knot amongst the loony left because of the possibility of Musk buying Twitter?
Read what I said, not what you wish I had said.

This is what I said was a lie:

There is a progressive faction that insists that, for example, social media suppression of certain views is essential to "our democracy." Free speech is therefore a potential threat to democracy, a counter-intuitive claim.

Human social instincts and societal consensus,

Social instincts doesn't work because that's individual, not collective. Societal consensus doesn't work either, because we can observe societies where women are stoned to death for adultery, where human slavery is accepted, etc.

also there is no hard list for what they are, but tend to cover a few common things that tend to happen in every society.

A few common things? I can name hundreds if not thousands of things you do everyday that you have a right to do.

Social instincts doesn't work because that's individual, not collective. Societal consensus doesn't work either, because we can observe societies where women are stoned to death for adultery, where human slavery is accepted, etc.
Both work because rights are born of ideology which is a social construct. There is nothing deeper, there cannot be.

The simple fact is that humans are a bundle of heuristics, drives, and instincts. That’s a side effect of evolution. Of course it’s messy, that’s human nature.
A few common things? I can name hundreds if not thousands of things you do everyday that you have a right to do.
I am sure you believe that as that is your faith.

What good would that do? We need a forum where the left and right can exchange views, not two separate signs with each side can circle jerk each other.
We have one.

We have one.
I think you know that's silly. I think you know I was talking about something with the scope of Twitter.

I think you know that's silly. I think you know I was talking about something with the scope of Twitter.
Post on untruth and help them grow. Maybe Tweety will finally log on and like your post before throwing a tantrum about something.

Read what I said, not what you wish I had said.

This is what I said was a lie:

There is a progressive faction that insists that, for example, social media suppression of certain views is essential to "our democracy." Free speech is therefore a potential threat to democracy, a counter-intuitive claim.
Except it's not a lie.

And its bullshit. The left has the facts, the right has the lies. THis is proven in every single thread where all you can get is a bunch of bullshit one liners without any facts, or completely garbage links, while liberals cite legit institutional agencies with proven journalistic integrity and scientific studies. I'm so sick of the both sides crap. It's clear both sides are not equivalent, one has facts, logic and reasoning, the other complete lies. No matter how much they project themselves onto liberals.

and people need to cut the both sides garbage, its not true.

The irony of this post is beyond the scale.

Good job with your bs one liner absent any facts and looking like total trash.

I can't begin to tell you how hard I am laughing at this.

Others think this is a serious discussion.

B.H.O. apparently wants to put regulators on the job.

Won' that be fun.

Back
Top Bottom