• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cell phone tracking

Thanks, greyhat. I tried Find My iPhone but it was really confusing, trying to figure out how to track others' phones. I can track mine with it, but not anyone else's.

I am downloading Find My Friends right now. *keeping my fingers crossed!*

FMF works to track your contacts so it should suffice; it has parental controls too. Good luck :)

*shudder* Honestly, I'd rather get poked in the eye with a red hot poker than deal with the Verizon store here. They are not the sharpest crayons in the box, and every time I've gone there, I've had to call Verizon's 800 line to get them to fix what the store jacked up. :lol: It was installed - it's just not working properly.
Well, Latitude on GoogleMaps will do it, everyone can see everyone.....but it can be turned off, doesn't work if the phone is off, etc.

*shudder* Honestly, I'd rather get poked in the eye with a red hot poker than deal with the Verizon store here. They are not the sharpest crayons in the box, and every time I've gone there, I've had to call Verizon's 800 line to get them to fix what the store jacked up. :lol: It was installed - it's just not working properly.

Haha, side note but humorous addition.

As far as what we discussed earlier in this thread, I get your point.

I think I may have found something that works the way I want it to. We will see tomorrow. It's called Life360, and so far it's working properly. I'll just have to see what happens tomorrow when they go to school. Let's see how accurate it is there. I was paying 699 a month for AmberAlert GPS and it didn't work for squat. This one is free, and so far, so good. Also, I have Find My iPhone on all 4 phones, in case they get stolen.

Anybody ever use any program like this? I want a good program for more than one reason. First, it's important that if our phones get stolen, they can be tracked. Secondly, I have teenage daughters, so it'll be nice to know that they are where they are supposed to be. :lol: The platform is iOS. I have downloaded the apps for AmberAlert GPS but I don't think it does what I need. Seems very limiting. I have also downloaded Cellphone Tracker but it didn't work too well, either.

That just makes you a bad dad.... I understand you're worried and you want to be a good father but you gotta let them go be teens...

Did we as teens do ****ed up ****? yeah we did - now both of us are here talking to one another and you're worried just like your parents were... (hopefully you had liberty - I did).

See how that works?

If you're a good parent then the same should repeat.

Unless you live in the hood of course...

That just makes you a bad dad.... I understand you're worried and you want to be a good father but you gotta let them go be teens...

Did we as teens do ****ed up ****? yeah we did - now both of us are here talking to one another and you're worried just like your parents were... (hopefully you had liberty - I did).

See how that works?

If you're a good parent then the same should repeat.

Unless you live in the hood of course...

Thanks. :)

Let me hit on a couple of things, though - first, I'm a Mom. ;) And yeah, I did some really messed up **** when I was a kid, but my parents gave me too much liberty. I look back on some of the things I did when I was a kid, and I am lucky I am alive to talk about it today, and lucky I don't have any jail time in my past. If I can keep my girls from screwing up as badly as I did, I'll feel better. I want them to screw up some, but not to the extent that I did. I have a lot of regret, that didn't really teach me anything. I don't want them to carry with them, what I have carried with me. Had my parents watched me more closely, not trusted me as much as they did, I might not have the regrets that I have today. :(

And I don't live in the 'hood, but my girls go to school in the 'hood. It's a pretty rough school, surrounded by housing projects. It's the best school here, too. :roll:

Thanks. :)

Let me hit on a couple of things, though - first, I'm a Mom. ;) And yeah, I did some really messed up **** when I was a kid, but my parents gave me too much liberty. I look back on some of the things I did when I was a kid, and I am lucky I am alive to talk about it today, and lucky I don't have any jail time in my past. If I can keep my girls from screwing up as badly as I did, I'll feel better. I want them to screw up some, but not to the extent that I did. I have a lot of regret, that didn't really teach me anything. I don't want them to carry with them, what I have carried with me. Had my parents watched me more closely, not trusted me as much as they did, I might not have the regrets that I have today. :(

And I don't live in the 'hood, but my girls go to school in the 'hood. It's a pretty rough school, surrounded by housing projects. It's the best school here, too. :roll:

A lot has changed since we were kids Super. We didn't have cell phones or internet. So we did not have things like sexting, Facebook and email. My 11 year old wants a phone, I tell him he can have one when he gets a job and pays for it. But his friends all have them he tells me. I don't care. He doesn't get a phone. He wants to sign up to play Minecraft online, but it requires an email address. No dice. No email address either, too much chance of "Hey Dad, what does ' Grow your penis bigger mean?' ". He has his own login page on the home computer but it is restricted by the administrator (me) and he does not know his password. We have to log him in every time. I'm sure he considers it draconian but we live in a different world with different risks.

So, did you ever choose a job? I remember a while back you were considering a couple. Reason I ask is because you could work for the NSA where according to Snowden even low level employees have access to a huge database, probably one where you could activate their phones and listen in if you wanted to. ;)

A lot has changed since we were kids Super. We didn't have cell phones or internet. So we did not have things like sexting, Facebook and email. My 11 year old wants a phone, I tell him he can have one when he gets a job and pays for it. But his friends all have them he tells me. I don't care. He doesn't get a phone. He wants to sign up to play Minecraft online, but it requires an email address. No dice. No email address either, too much chance of "Hey Dad, what does ' Grow your penis bigger mean?' ". He has his own login page on the home computer but it is restricted by the administrator (me) and he does not know his password. We have to log him in every time. I'm sure he considers it draconian but we live in a different world with different risks.

So, did you ever choose a job? I remember a while back you were considering a couple. Reason I ask is because you could work for the NSA where according to Snowden even low level employees have access to a huge database, probably one where you could activate their phones and listen in if you wanted to. ;)
Just since you were kids? Hell 5 years ago everyone had a flip phone, and now those are as vintage as 8-track players.

Its not hard to simply keep up with tech. I swear its like some people live in a bubble.

Back
Top Bottom