• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC head says masks are better than vaccine at preventing Covid spread as Trump sends mixed messages

The CDC itself said that masks do not protect the wearer since the wearer's eyeballs can route the virus that lands on them into the lungs just as well.

Can you please source that statement. Mainly the part I bolded.

I am not aware that transmission thru the eyes is as efficient as thru the nasal membranes.

OTOH, I totally support wearing glasses or the shields that I see many commercial business employees wearing.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Last edited:
You really thought this was a legitimate question didn’t you?

I not only thought it is, I KNOW it is, since you have no clue as to how to answer it. The states the hardest hit with COVID back east wore masks earlier than anyone.

Can you please source that statement. Esp. the part I bolded.
I am not aware that transmission thru the eyes is as efficient as thru the nasal membranes.
OTOH, I totally support wearing glasses or the shields that I see many commercial business employees wearing.

Don't wait up.

I not only thought it is, I KNOW it is, since you have no clue as to how to answer it. The states the hardest hit with COVID back east wore masks earlier than anyone.

It take a legit question, you failed at that.

If it means so much to you then never wear a mask, hug it out with everyone, and tell us how it goes.

You would be correct.

Efficacy and effectiveness | Immunisation Advisory Centre

The effectiveness of masks are subject to variables which require educating the public first and foremost. Absent that in many cases that effectiveness is 0%.

I prefer a vaccine but until such time as it’s available I’ll do what I must to limit my exposure.

That doesnt cover viruses like influenza, rhino viruses, corona viruses...some of the highly transmissible respiratory viruses. Their "behavior" elicits different responses from the immune system.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

The CDC itself said that masks do not protect the wearer since the wearer's eyeballs can route the virus that lands on them into the lungs just as well.

HEY!

I'm shouting because you conservatives just refuse to listen.

So...HEY!

Cloth masks are primarily effective by blocking droplets sprayed into the air from infected people. The mask is not terribly effective at blocking droplets already in the air because there's a lot of air that comes in along the sides, the top and the bottom and thus bypasses the cloth entirely.

But they are great at stopping the explosion of droplets when people speak, cough, sneeze, and so on. The droplets that go out the sides don't travel far.

See? Wear A Mask Rona GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

Get it now?

Oh, that's right, you don't WANT to get it. It's become a cultural thing for you, not a matter of rationality. Kay.

That doesnt cover viruses like influenza, rhino viruses, corona viruses...some of the highly transmissible respiratory viruses. Their "behavior" elicits different responses from the immune system.
Which is why I’ve never gotten a flu shot.

It take a legit question, you failed at that.

If it means so much to you then never wear a mask, hug it out with everyone, and tell us how it goes.

I have and we are all alive. Then again, we aren't obese.

HEY!

I'm shouting because you conservatives just refuse to listen.

So...HEY!

Cloth masks are primarily effective by blocking droplets sprayed into the air from infected people. The mask is not terribly effective at blocking droplets already in the air because there's a lot of air that comes in along the sides, the top and the bottom and thus bypasses the cloth entirely.

But they are great at stopping the explosion of droplets when people speak, cough, sneeze, and so on. The droplets that go out the sides don't travel far.

See? Wear A Mask Rona GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

Get it now?

Oh, that's right, you don't WANT to get it. It's become a cultural thing for you, not a matter of rationality. Kay.

HEY! I'm shouting because you "liberals" suffer from reading comprehension.

So....HEY!

Cloth masks are primarily what I wrote in my Post 11.

Get it now?

Oh, that's right, you don't WANT to get it. Wearing masks became a cultural thing for you and the symbol of blind obedeince to the big government, not a matter of rationality. Kay.

That's why I see more and more idiots wearing them while driving or walking alone.

Last edited:
So....HEY!
Get it now?
Oh, that's right, you don't WANT to get it. Wearing masks became a cultural thing for you and the symbol of blind obedeince to the big government, not a matter of rationality. Kay.
That's why I see more and more idiots wearing them while driving or walking alone.

Yeah. Russian bot. No real human could be this obtuse.

They also wear face shields. Should we all follow their example?

It depends. We want in school learning. It may be that teachers need to be equipped with face shields and masks in order to add maximum protection due to the circumstances of their work.

These are scenarios a serious administration would have already gamed out and solved by now. As though they *wanted* to stop the virus.

Yeah. Russian bot. No real human could be this obtuse.

Why do they keep repeating Trump’s words almost verbatim while calling everyone else obedient? trump voters are the biggest intellectual cucks in our country’s history.

So....HEY!

Get it now?

crazy post

The astute are wearing masks, the "culture symbol" is not wearing a mask in the face of science. Insecure people with their idiot chests puffed out.

CDC head Redfield says masks are better than vaccine at preventing Covid spread as Trump sends mixed messages - CNNPolitics

CDC head says masks are better than vaccine at preventing Covid spread as Trump sends mixed messages

(CNN)President Donald Trump's own health officials continue to publicly contradict him when it comes to the coronavirus pandemic -- this time on the importance of mask wearing.

In fact, Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, testified that mask wearing may be a more effective protection against coronavirus than the potential vaccine that the President can't stop hyping.

"I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70%. And if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine is not going to protect me. This face mask will," Redfield told lawmakers during public testimony on Wednesday, adding that the American public has not yet embraced the use of masks to a level that could effectively control the outbreak.
=====================================================================
Trump deserves to be contradicted when he is wrong in his statements.

WOW!

If so, it's time to eliminate the CDC or fire whoever said that. Another claim originating from China?

Are masks better at preventing polio too? In fact, there has NEVER been ONE study on the worth of homemade masks - ever.

Great! We no longer need vaccines or cures for nearly all contagious diseases. Just wrap a piece of an old sheet around the lower half of your face the rest of your life and you are immune from everything!

Damn, too bad this was figured out earlier! We never needed vaccinations to begin with - or so says the CDC.

Parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids while the school requires it, only need have their kid show up wearing a mask, citing the CDC.

I always wear both my mask and my face shield if I enter a medical building or a hospital, which is rare.

I usually stay home or in my yard. I pickup Curbside or have items delivered.

If they work sooooooooooo well, why are people who wear masks dying in the United States?

Link please.

That’s not what I read:

It has been thought that mask wearing mainly benefits the people around you. However, scientists are beginning to speculate that masks may also help the wearer. It is known that a lower viral dose can lead to less severe illness. Wearing a mask may reduce the amount of virus that gets through to the wearer.

Wearing a Mask May Reduce How Sick You Get from COVID-19

Last edited:
crazy post
The astute are wearing masks, the "culture symbol" is not wearing a mask in the face of science. Insecure people with their idiot chests puffed out.

No mask. Camos. MR-15 clipped to the chest. Big beer gut. Toilet paper stuck to a shoe.

Trump!

Link please.
That’s not what I read:

CDC Director Redfield said in a Congressional hearing today that masks are the most important public health tool right now.

But what does he know? Listen to Trump instead! After all, he doesn't read books, so his head isn't muddled with "facts" or "knowledge"!

Mask + faceshield provides the best protection in fact. Mask for others. Face shield for the wearer.

crazy post

What science? Show me one study that quantifies the effectiveness of masks. It's always "masks help". So does farting, according to my sources.

How much do they help and at what cost to the wearers? Did these mysterious scientists consider how the damn masks affect those who are having a hard time breathing, to begin with? Of course not. Early death is invisible. A mask is. Wear the mask, the obedient sheep!

I talked to many people in the stores. My question is always the same: How do you put up with this bull****? All of them would say that they are dizzy and have headaches. And I believe them. I have the same reaction after only 10 minutes there. They have to wear that crap for 8 long hours.

The fat 400-pound idiot in Springfield, IL, has worn that bs line about "science" to the bone. Why 25% occupancy? Why not 29%. What's wrong with a 10% positivity rate? How about 12%?

He is pulling all these numbers out of his fat rear end. Like de-Blasio. Nobody is dying from the chinavirus in NYC, but that little Hitler still keeps many things closed.

Finally, when a contractor walks into my house wearing a mask, I tell him to take it off or go away. As in the gun stores, masks are not allowed in my house.

BTW, they all take them off, smile, and say, thank you.

CDC Director Redfield said in a Congressional hearing today that masks are the most important public health tool right now.

But what does he know? Listen to Trump instead! After all, he doesn't read books, so his head isn't muddled with "facts" or "knowledge"!
He knows as much as that other medical genius, Fauci, who said, and later admitted that he deliberately lied, that masks don't work.

What science? Show me one study that quantifies the effectiveness of masks. It's always "masks help". So does farting, according to my sources.

How much do they help and at what cost to the wearers? Did these mysterious scientists consider how the damn masks affect those who are having a hard time breathing, to begin with? Of course not. Early death is invisible. A mask is. Wear the mask, the obedient sheep!

I talked to many people in the stores. My question is always the same: How do you put up with this bull****? All of them would say that they are dizzy and have headaches. And I believe them. I have the same reaction after only 10 minutes there. They have to wear that crap for 8 long hours.

The fat 400-pound idiot in Springfield, IL, has worn that bs line about "science" to the bone. Why 25% occupancy? Why not 29%. What's wrong with a 10% positivity rate? How about 12%?

He is pulling all these numbers out of his fat rear end. Like de-Blasio. Nobody is dying from the chinavirus in NYC, but that little Hitler still keeps many things closed.

Finally, when a contractor walks into my house wearing a mask, I tell him to take it off or go away. As in the gun stores, masks are not allowed in my house.

BTW, they all take them off, smile, and say, thank you.

If a contractor doesn't offer to wear a mask, I will tell him/her to go away.

Doctors wear N95 masks that protect them too. They also wear masks to protect the patients when environment has to be as sterile as possible.
N95 only protects the wearer. What he exhales is not filtered at all.

If a contractor doesn't offer to wear a mask, I will tell him/her to go away.

I have in fact tossed vendors and contractors out for not wearing masks.

Back
Top Bottom