• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC head says masks are better than vaccine at preventing Covid spread as Trump sends mixed messages

If a contractor doesn't offer to wear a mask, I will tell him/her to go away.
That is cruel. These guys need all the oxygen they can get. How about you wearing your mask while you are sitting on the couch watching TV? Or stay away? Too simple?

That is cruel. These guys need all the oxygen they can get. How about you wearing your mask while you are sitting on the couch watching TV? Or stay away? Too simple?

"the customer is king". IOW, if you want/need the job, wear a mask. Simple.

N95 only protects the wearer. What he exhales is not filtered at all.

If there is no valve, it would provide same (or better) protection than surgical masks or other face coverings.

The four states with the highest death tolls of all wore masks.

Is that correlation or causation?

Before Arizona got stomped on, almost nobody here wore masks. Once it got serious, almost everyone wears them.

Same guy said masks were useless! There is a school of thought where viral load dose at infection is a factor, low level generally no / minor symptoms much like a “vaccine effect”. So wear a mask, what others do won’t bug you.

Which is why I’ve never gotten a flu shot.

Pretty sure that you didnt make the point you were hoping to.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Is that correlation or causation?

Before Arizona got stomped on, almost nobody here wore masks. Once it got serious, almost everyone wears them.

And, what happened is that the rate of new infections decreased drastically. Amazing how that happens.

NY mandated masks on Apr 15. On that day there were 8500 new cases. On April 30 that was down to 4000 cases and by May 15 less than 2500. There have been consistently less than 600 new cases a day since June.

The numbers do not support your argument.

Death toll is irrelevant to the mask question. New cases would be what matters since the point of wearing a mask to not transmit the virus. But for the record the graph of daily deaths from Covid in NY matches the graph of new cases.

Quote please.

Anyhow. Are you now claiming Trump prefers masks over the vaccine?

Trump'''s ABC News town hall: Full transcript - ABC News

TRUMP: I'm not looking to be dishonest. I don't want people to panic. And we are going to be OK. We're going to be OK, and it is going away. And it's probably going to go away now a lot faster because of the vaccines.

It would go away without the vaccine, George, but it's going to go away a lot faster with it.

What science? Show me one study that quantifies the effectiveness of masks. It's always "masks help". So does farting, according to my sources.

How much do they help and at what cost to the wearers? Did these mysterious scientists consider how the damn masks affect those who are having a hard time breathing, to begin with? Of course not. Early death is invisible. A mask is. Wear the mask, the obedient sheep!

I talked to many people in the stores. My question is always the same: How do you put up with this bull****? All of them would say that they are dizzy and have headaches. And I believe them. I have the same reaction after only 10 minutes there. They have to wear that crap for 8 long hours.

The fat 400-pound idiot in Springfield, IL, has worn that bs line about "science" to the bone. Why 25% occupancy? Why not 29%. What's wrong with a 10% positivity rate? How about 12%?

He is pulling all these numbers out of his fat rear end. Like de-Blasio. Nobody is dying from the chinavirus in NYC, but that little Hitler still keeps many things closed.

Finally, when a contractor walks into my house wearing a mask, I tell him to take it off or go away. As in the gun stores, masks are not allowed in my house.

BTW, they all take them off, smile, and say, thank you.

Doctors and Nurses have no problem wearing a mask wearing a masksuring a 8 hour shift or even longer.

I haven’t read of doctors or nurses that Are complaining that masks cause them to get dizzy or have headaches.

New York did issue a mask mandate on April 17,

By then the death rate in New York from Covid 19 and the numbers were flattening in York.

Michigan did not have a mask mandate until mid June.

“ On June 18, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order 2020-127, again finding that the COVID-19 pandemic constitutes a disaster and emergency throughout the State of Michigan. That order constituted a state of emergency declaration under the Emergency Powers of the Governor Act of 1945.”

Last edited:
Doctors and Nurses have no problem wearing a mask wearing a masksuring a 8 hour shift or even longer.

I haven’t read of doctors or nurses that Are complaining that masks cause them to get dizzy or have headaches.
Minnie I don’t know what health care workers you’re in touch with but everyone I’ve talked to complain about having to wear them all day long. But they do so because of the need.

WOW!

If so, it's time to eliminate the CDC or fire whoever said that. Another claim originating from China?

Are masks better at preventing polio too? In fact, there has NEVER been ONE study on the worth of homemade masks - ever.

They don’t recommend home made masks willy nilly. There are specific guidelines explaining the best materials, means for cloth masks to be effective. That is absolutely based on studies.

And the masks were meant to be part of the solution. We were supposed to have a testing and trace regime in place. Masks, distancing, testing, tracing, isolate the sick, keep the healthy healthy.

Y’know, like there’s a deadly pandemic goin’ around and we gotta change things up.

Minnie I don’t know what health care workers you’re in touch with but everyone I’ve talked to complain about having to wear them all day long. But they do so because of the need.

Healthcare workers that you speak to have told you that they wear masks due to a need?

I wonder what that need would be that people knowledgable about such things would tell themselves, and you - their friend whom I assume they like - they gotta wear cloth on their faces.

Healthcare workers that you speak to have told you that they wear masks due to a need?

I wonder what that need would be that people knowledgable about such things would tell themselves, and you - their friend whom I assume they like - they gotta wear cloth on their faces.
It’s called protection Auntie both for themselves and those they serve. That’s the need. I sense, though, you already knew the answer and felt like jerking my chain.

It’s called protection Auntie both for themselves and those they serve. That’s the need. I sense, though, you already knew the answer and felt like jerking my chain.

People who are paid to tend to the health of others believe that masking up is necessary when infectious agents are potentially present.

If only we could have known. :(

People who are paid to tend to the health of others believe that masking up is necessary when infectious agents are potentially present.

If only we could have known. :(
You’re speaking to a man who worked in a industry where for over thirty years I was required to wear a respirator. Was required to maintain a clean shaven face (not that I could grow a decent beard anyways). I’m fully aware of the necessity of masks. But I’m also aware that if you wear them inappropriately or the wrong type you might as well wear nothing at all.

You’re speaking to a man who worked in a industry where for over thirty years I was required to wear a respirator. Was required to maintain a clean shaven face (not that I could grow a decent beard anyways). I’m fully aware of the necessity of masks. But I’m also aware that if you wear them inappropriately or the wrong type you might as well wear nothing at all.

Shame we don’t have a public figure who is the elected leader of the country that has a platform big enough to reach every American with this life saving news.

Sucks to live in a ****hole country. :(

HEY! I'm shouting because you "liberals" suffer from reading comprehension.

So....HEY!

Cloth masks are primarily what I wrote in my Post 11.

Get it now?

Oh, that's right, you don't WANT to get it. Wearing masks became a cultural thing for you and the symbol of blind obedeince to the big government, not a matter of rationality. Kay.

That's why I see more and more idiots wearing them while driving or walking alone.

What horrible crap to say. There's no way you are an American.

Whose masks? The wearer's of the other guy?

The CDC itself said that masks do not protect the wearer since the wearer's eyeballs can route the virus that lands on them into the lungs just as well. They only reduce the distance if the wearer sneezes, coughs, or spits. They do not filter the virus when you are breathing in or out. It's too damn small. That's what ventilators are for.

The best antidote is not acting like a hungry pig all your life. If you are still scared, go to the basement and stay there. Throwing people out of work to save a few old guys with conditions is beyond idiotic.

It is also not sustainable. Next time around - a year from - are we going to add another 5 trillion bucks to the fed debt?

Go to the basement. Boy that phrase sounds familiar...There was a poster here who used to say that....

Back
Top Bottom