• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CBS News Anchor Dan Rather to Step Down

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Source: Bloomberg

Nov. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Dan Rather, the anchor of the CBS Evening News for 24 years, will step down in March 2005, the Viacom Inc.-owned network said.

Rather will continue to work full time as a correspondent for the program ``60 Minutes'' and take other assignments, the network said. No decision has been made on a successor, it said.

In September, Rather apologized for broadcasting a report on President George W. Bush's National Guard service that he said was based on erroneous documents. That spurred CBS to appoint an independent panel to review the reporting of a broadcaster who has worked there for 42 years and won a Peabody Award in a career that has spanned coverage of six presidential elections and wars from Vietnam to the Persian Gulf. ``The fact that the incident happened and led to his departure is significant in that it shows the vulnerability of broadcasters to missteps,'' said Frederick Moran, an analyst with Stanford Group in Boca Raton, Florida. Moran rates Viacom shares ``buy'' and doesn't own the stock.

Good. I wrote CBS and told them I would not watch CBS news local or national until he and the producer is removed. Rather down, now for the real culprit.

vauge said:
Source: Bloomberg

Good. I wrote CBS and told them I would not watch CBS news local or national until he and the producer is removed. Rather down, now for the real culprit.
But you're still watching Fox aren't ya? But then you like the lies they're telling ya. So no letter to them or refusal to view, right?:screwy

Back
Top Bottom