• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

cats or dogs?

If it comes to make a choice, do you prefer cast or dogs as a pet?

• cats

• dogs

• neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you
I really like both! I have always been a dog person and I would prefer having a dog because I like them a bit more than cats, but cats are super adorable too. I would also feel like my bird would be safer if there wasn't a cat in the house. But if I got a cat, I'd pick this specific breed https://fello.pet/en/cat-breeds/brazilian-shorthair/
If you get a bird, then get a parrot or cockatoo. Then introduce them, these birds make it very clear very early on to the cat that they are not prey and the cat stays very clear of them.

I knew a woman who had a Bull mastiff who had literally punctured tires on small cars and was scary to even very large men but was terrified of her two little cats.

Go figure.

This
Mmmm...decisions, decisions...

View attachment 67328612
this looks like a Jack Russell. I had a little tabby cat when I was courting my ex and he hated cats with a passion so we kept them apart for a few weeks. Then when we introduced them it had to be made clear that the cat was not there for him to kill. You could see in his face that his reaction was “but it’s a cat!!!” But he learned and my cat learned how to manipulate him and they fought all the time. But if any dog came around to threaten her he became vicious and chased them off with their tail between their legs. Then they went back to fighting. When she died he truly mourned. Pet politics. Sigh.

I love both dogs and cats, but prefer dogs...I much prefer dogs to people. If there was a choice between dogs and people, I would pick dogs every time.

I love both dogs and cats, but prefer dogs...I much prefer dogs to people. If there was a choice between dogs and people, I would pick dogs every time.
I've never kept any people as pets, so I wouldn't really know.:p

This

this looks like a Jack Russell. I had a little tabby cat when I was courting my ex and he hated cats with a passion so we kept them apart for a few weeks. Then when we introduced them it had to be made clear that the cat was not there for him to kill. You could see in his face that his reaction was “but it’s a cat!!!” But he learned and my cat learned how to manipulate him and they fought all the time. But if any dog came around to threaten her he became vicious and chased them off with their tail between their legs. Then they went back to fighting. When she died he truly mourned. Pet politics. Sigh.
The jack there is called Betty...Percy our young jack is obsessed with the cat Doris...follows her everywhere which really pisses her off...but she makes up for it by stalking him lol.

This
Mmmm...decisions, decisions...

View attachment 67328612
this looks like a Jack Russell. I had a little tabby cat when I was courting my ex and he hated cats with a passion so we kept them apart for a few weeks. Then when we introduced them it had to be made clear that the cat was not there for him to kill. You could see in his face that his reaction was “but it’s a cat!!!” But he learned and my cat learned how to manipulate him and they fought all the time. But if any dog came around to threaten her he became vicious and chased them off with their tail between their legs. Then they went back to fighting. When she died he truly mourned. Pet politics.
The jack there is called Betty...Percy our young jack is obsessed with the cat Doris...follows her everywhere which really pisses her off...but she makes up for it by stalking him lol.
Her Jack had really short hair so he got very cold in the winter and would cuddle up to my ex under the covers and my cat knew this and would walk on top of him under the covers and he would snarl and eventually would emerge and try to get her but of course by then she was long gone.

They fought every day but when we weren’t around they would cuddle up together in the sun or on the bed. So it was all for show.

This

this looks like a Jack Russell. I had a little tabby cat when I was courting my ex and he hated cats with a passion so we kept them apart for a few weeks. Then when we introduced them it had to be made clear that the cat was not there for him to kill. You could see in his face that his reaction was “but it’s a cat!!!” But he learned and my cat learned how to manipulate him and they fought all the time. But if any dog came around to threaten her he became vicious and chased them off with their tail between their legs. Then they went back to fighting. When she died he truly mourned. Pet politics.

Her Jack had really short hair so he got very cold in the winter and would cuddle up to my ex under the covers and my cat knew this and would walk on top of him under the covers and he would snarl and eventually would emerge and try to get her but of course by then she was long gone.

They fought every day but when we weren’t around they would cuddle up together in the sun or on the bed. So it was all for show.
This is Percy following Doris…he is her biggest fan…even though she is a complete bitch lol.

C4B64870-2A62-41C0-B0C3-2C38B62CC539.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom