• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catholic voters respond after 'devout' Biden once again sides against his Church

Medical professionals don't refer to Embryos or a fetus as "parasites".

They better not!

It's insulting to prospective parents and especially the prospective child. Right?

The Constitution is the last thing that this douche follows. His god is the leftist ideology and their never ending quest for power and control over people.

More baseless right-wing bullshit.

When the right starts following the constitution, the right can talk. Until then, they have no moral high ground.

More baseless right-wing bullshit.

When the right starts following the constitution, the right can talk. Until then, they have no moral high ground.
That's funny. A Democrat Secretary of State in Colorado was being cheered and applauded by Democrats for taking Trump off the ballot and the SCOTUS ruled against her 9-0. That's why your post is funny.

Where did I say anything about a law?
So you agree that we should never allow devout Catholics or other Christians to hold office in America, yes? Because if they are devout they will establish a de facto theocracy.

In order for "we" to "never allow devout Catholics or other Christians to hold office in America," a law would be needed to do so.

In light of that, libertarians would not even raise such an argument as it involves government intervention.

Psst @Uriah and @trixare4kids
The human foetus and placenta have a different genotype from the mother. The foetus has been described before as acting in a parasitic way: it avoids rejection by the mother and exerts considerable influence over her metabolism for its own benefit, in particular diverting blood and nutrients. Now it would appear the similarities go much further. Although the mode of attachment of the phosphocoline (PC) is different in the mammalian placenta, its presence is startling.

1. What is the definition of a parasite? A parasite is an organism that lives in or on another organism (called the host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the expense of the host.

Are you both really arguing that a fetus isn’t living in the host(mother) and doesn’t benefit by deriving nutrients at the expense of the mother? Science doesn’t care about feelings or you being offended

Last edited:
Psst @Uriah and @trixare4kids
The human foetus and placenta have a different genotype from the mother. The foetus has been described before as acting in a parasitic way: it avoids rejection by the mother and exerts considerable influence over her metabolism for its own benefit, in particular diverting blood and nutrients. Now it would appear the similarities go much further. Although the mode of attachment of the phosphocoline (PC) is different in the mammalian placenta, its presence is startling.

1. What is the definition of a parasite? A parasite is an organism that lives in or on another organism (called the host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the expense of the host.

Are you both really arguing that a fetus isn’t living in the host(mother) and doesn’t benefit by deriving nutrients at the expense of the mother? Science doesn’t care about feelings or you being offended
"Expense"??? That's a good one.

The point is the newborn is still dependent, just as it was in the womb. The parasite narrative is false.
No, it isn't "just as it was in the womb" because, "in the womb" it was physically connected to the mother and taking her resources without her being able to stop it without it being ejected from her body. That is not the case for an infant, newborn. At birth, they are now able to be cared for, dependent on any person who is willing to provide for it.

So? The child is still dependent for nourishment.
On anyone, not a specific person, and that is a huge difference. Plus, they don't have to draw direct nourishment from the person once born. They can, but they many don't and they can still live without drawing directly from the person.

"Expense"??? That's a good one.
It’s factually true. The fetus derives nutrients from the mother through the placenta. I cannot believe I have to explain basic science to an old man. Many women have trouble with their bones and teeth after pregnancy because the fetus takes calcium from the mother

A newborn is also dependent on the mother for survival.
Tell that to the infant that is "taken into care at birth" by the CPS people.
What kind of parasite is the embryo? What species?
Interesting question. On the other hand, you still haven't provided your definition of "human".

Show me a correlation between pedophilia and political lean.
"'Right Wing' people are hysterically convinced that anyone who isn't also a 'Right Wing' person is likely to be a pedophile." - is that what you meant?

American Catholics are largely in support of contraception and abortion, as evident that most Catholic families have 1-3 children.

I am not sure of why the focus is on Biden, who regularly attends church. Since the next election is a binary choice between Biden, who has religious beliefs and the other guy, who violates nearly all of the Ten Commandments, there is no comparison.
Because Biden supports policies that go against that faith while Trump does not.

It is very easy NOT to go against your faith if you, like Mr. Trump, do NOT actually have one.

Everyone goes against their faith from time to time. If they say they don't, I wouldn't trust them. And if their claim is true, its even more reason to not trust them.

You can't rebut it because you know its true, so you lash out at us with this very weak response.

Mr. Trump worships only one thing, and I don't mean Ivanka.
Why would I rebut something that did not relate to, or rebut my own previous statement? My statement still stands unchallenged.

In order for "we" to "never allow devout Catholics or other Christians to hold office in America," a law would be needed to do so.

In light of that, libertarians would not even raise such an argument as it involves government intervention.

No, it wouldn’t. Not voting for them would also work.

Why would I rebut something that did not relate to, or rebut my own previous statement? My statement still stands unchallenged.

You did rebut, it was just a lousy rebuttal. Let's be honest:

Last edited:
No, it wouldn’t. Not voting for them would also work.

"Never allow" implies a ban and certainty. The vote does not guarantee that.

Worse (for libertarians) the vote refers to a tyranny of the majority. Even with that you contradict your own beliefs.

No one can deny the strict adherence to Christian values exhibited by this guy:

6-C0-E1-EFD-504-E-4-E39-B4-E0-74661-C306-D60.jpg

Get your 'God Bless The USA Bible' for only $59.99.

The choice based on a religious test for President is clear.
No wedding ring. How can he be a Jesus lover?

Back
Top Bottom