• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catapult used in Cross-border pot smuggling

"I have not seen anything like that in my time before as a Border Patrol agent ... although we are trained to handle any kind of a threat that comes over that border," Jimarez added.

If there's a section in the border patrol manual on catapults, the terrorists have won.

Silly drug smugglers. If they'd invested the time to build a drug trebuchet instead, they could have launched larger packages from much further away and decreased their chances of having their seige weaponry confiscated. :prof
I wonder if that's the point of those varied "Pumpkin Chucking" devices I've heard about - testing for use in drug smuggling?

I mean, just launching a pumpkin to see how far it can go, doesn't make as much sense...does it?

That's cool, but they're not very bright, you could use an air compressor and a length of PVC pipe to get a similar effect, and it'd be much easier to hide.

That's cool, but they're not very bright, you could use an air compressor and a length of PVC pipe to get a similar effect, and it'd be much easier to hide.
I dunno...

Do Mexican police/military and/or US border police have access to thermal sensors of some kind?

Trebuchets don't have a heat signature, like an air compressor would, so you can haul the thing into place when they're not scanning, then launch weed over the border all night.

I'm SOOOOO overthinking this...

I dunno...

Do Mexican police/military and/or US border police have access to thermal sensors of some kind?

Trebuchets don't have a heat signature, like an air compressor would, so you can haul the thing into place when they're not scanning, then launch weed over the border all night.

I'm SOOOOO overthinking this...

Well you could just use tanks of propane and a valve system rather than an air compressor, and it's still much easier to build and transport than a catapult.

Back
Top Bottom