• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadians Among most Active in Online Right-Wing Extremism, Research Finds

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A report released Friday on Canadian involvement in right-wing extremism online should serve as a "wake-up call" about the widespread nature of the movement and highlights a growing shift toward the use of less regulated platforms, says an expert on the phenomenon.

On some forums, Canadians were found to be "highly active," even more, on average, than users in the U.S. and Britain.

The study suggests when the numbers were averaged out using each country's "estimated internet-using population," Canada was shown to be producing more content than anywhere else.

Researchers found users in Canada to be especially active on certain 4Chan message boards. On a per capita basis, Canadians were more likely to post on the fringe forums than users from any other country, the study says, "demonstrating the extent of Canadian engagement with right-wing extremist causes online."

Canadians among most active in online right-wing extremism, research finds | CBC News

At what point will our Canadian members start focusing on what's taking place in their own back yard, and stop flooding the board with threads about Donald Trump & BLM?

At what point will our Canadian members start focusing on what's taking place in their own back yard, and stop flooding the board with threads about Donald Trump & BLM?

You don't want Canadians to comment on American racism because racism also exists in Canada? :roll:

Dunno. Maybe about the same time you stop pathologically hating blacks, hispanics, asians and first nations people?

Oh, almost forgot: Why do you hate us white people? What did we ever do to you?

Never. We will always single you out for scorn and derision for electing Trump. Just the ones who actually voted for him, mind, not the majority who rejected him. And we don't flood the board, you just pulled that nugget out of your butt.
You're sounding awful whiny and victimized. Are you a conservative?

Dunno. Maybe about the same time you stop pathologically hating blacks, hispanics, asians and first nations people?

Oh, almost forgot: Why do you hate us white people? What did we ever do to you?

Have you seen our president compared to your prime minister? We're jealous.

This is something I never would have guessed. Because virtually all the Canadians I've met IRL (many!) have tended to be moderate & sensible.

Oh look, Canada like every other country on the planet has racists in it. In fact Canada is more white than the US. But in Canada it seems our slimeball racist/nationalists would rather masterbate to shared internet fantasies, spout tough guy snowflakery to each other, and not draw public attention to themselves in the real world.

And many Canadians have broad experience, multiple interests and concerns, strong opinions and long practiced hobbies. As it happens, I'm now retired so I have a lot of time on my hands, but for the past three decades I have indulged my virulent disgust of racists, fascists, ethnonationalists, religious fanatics, commies and pedophiles regardless of their location, in on line forums. Way back to the newsgroup era.

So in answer to your question, not any time soon.

Bruh!

I am a native born Californian. Born in SF, raised in Big Sur/Carmel and itching for an electoral fight.

Kill the college. Make our country a true democratic republic.

Bruh!

I am a native born Californian. Born in SF, raised in Big Sur/Carmel and itching for an electoral fight.

Kill the college. Make our country a true democratic republic.

I'm down with that. The Electoral College needs to be abolished.

This is something I never would have guessed. Because virtually all the Canadians I've met IRL (many!) have tended to be moderate & sensible.

Are you Muslim?

Oh look, Canada like every other country on the planet has racists in it. In fact Canada is more white than the US. But in Canada it seems our slimeball racist/nationalists would rather masterbate to shared internet fantasies, spout tough guy snowflakery to each other, and not draw public attention to themselves in the real world.

And many Canadians have broad experience, multiple interests and concerns, strong opinions and long practiced hobbies. As it happens, I'm now retired so I have a lot of time on my hands, but for the past three decades I have indulged my virulent disgust of racists, fascists, ethnonationalists, religious fanatics, commies and pedophiles regardless of their location, in on line forums. Way back to the newsgroup era.

So in answer to your question, not any time soon.

Why focus on the United States though? Fascism and pedophilia are much more accepted in Israel, if that's what you're really trying to fight.

Thats because theyre good at hiding the true evils in their hearts. ;)

Ah, yes, the good ole days when racists were embarrassed about being racists.

That's pretty similar to most Americans I've known (and in some cases still do) not in the least bearing any resemblance to the White Supremacist, fascist worshiping and Jew hating guy that started this thread.;)

Why focus on the United States though? Fascism and pedophilia are much more accepted in Israel, if that's what you're really trying to fight.
and there, folks, we have it.

As always (eventually) with this poster,

da Jooz

Trump: Every word he says is off-the-cuff and meaningless with no regard to how it sounds on the world stage.

Trudeau: Every word he says is measured to the point of being vague and meaningless with every regard to how it sounds on the world stage.

Being jealous of Trudeau is like a man who's burning to death being jealous of a man who's freezing to death.

Perhaps you are unaware how integrated North American culture and economy actually are, or that we share so much of the same environmental issues.

Hell even PBS is integrated in border cities.

That, and the fact that the intellectual and emotional perversion of American Fascist's/white supremacist's/nationalist's super patriotism is a fascinating never ending demonstration of the arrogance of ignorance and the hypocrisy of their faith.

I do agree that there's a bunch of far right racist lowlifes running around in Israel. Very fine racists on both sides.

I just seem to have good Canadian experiences. I spent a fair amount of time up there, though not quite as much recently. But in general, in contrast to my tough edgy city, the change I feel in Canada is one of a sort of kind, decent, wholesomeness - for lack of better words. I feel like I'm back in the seventies! But like I said, my city does have a rep for being tough, and I'm used to having a bit of a streetwise edge while in it. You need it to survive and ward-off trouble.

How you carry yourself & present yourself in urban environments makes the difference in whether you're seen as a mark by those that prey on society. Those of us from those environments naturally carry that demeanor around with ourselves, without realizing it. We have to wash that off a bit sometimes, when traveling to calmer safer places. But we never stop observing. We just don't present ourselves with the usual front.

That's the problem. Their bigots can't find anyone to talk to in RL, so they have to go virtual. There's probably 5 real ones and the rest are teenagers egging them on to make fools of themselves.:mrgreen:

Ah, yes, the good ole days when racists were embarrassed about being racists.

Trump and those before him paved the way- Though Trump has taken it farther and his base eats it up - and people say no race problems in the US. Those that state that are all white though. Must be a coincidence

Trump: Every word he says is off-the-cuff and meaningless with no regard to how it sounds on the world stage.

Trudeau: Every word he says is measured to the point of being vague and meaningless with every regard to how it sounds on the world stage.

Being jealous of Trudeau is like a man who's burning to death being jealous of a man who's freezing to death.

I meant Trudeau is sexier. It was also a joke.

Trudeau is a Western politician. He's not very different from any other "traditional" Western politician. Trump, on the other hand, is more embarrassing than my grandfather having an aneurysm over the diner counter accidentally charging him 50 cents for a side of mayo he didn't order. Trump's a global catastrophe.

Trump and those before him paved the way- Though Trump has taken it farther and his base eats it up - and people say no race problems in the US. Those that state that are all white though. Must be a coincidence

You don't have to tell me. Of the many hundreds of times I have been told that racism is not a problem in the US, I would be hard pressed to think of more than a handful who weren't white.

why do you wan to suppress that kind of talk?

Back
Top Bottom