• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada going so bonkers with gun control that they want to ban replica BB guns

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

This is the kind of BSC nonsense that we have to look for forward to in the US if we don't stick to our guns (pun intended).

Wasilewicz said the community would probably have been amiable to such changes to keep the hobby legal, had anybody been willing to ask.

“The government didn’t take any effort to consult anybody in our industry,” he said.

That's because you're not going to tell them what they want to hear.

Nerf guns are next.

This is the kind of BSC nonsense that we have to look for forward to in the US if we don't stick to our guns (pun intended).
Why does any "airsoft" gun need to look like a regular gun? What is your problem with any legal efforts to not put replicas of real guns on the market?

Might be too far, but best to err on the side of safety. Realistic looking replicas can be used to commit crimes.

Oh, you poor, wounded, weekend warriors! Just don't buy Airsoft and other manufacturers' mid-velocity air-guns which are purposefully designed to look like real prohibited weapons under Canadian law. Accept that a bright orange component or two must be irremovable parts of your play-guns from now on and you'll be fine. This precaution is done in many countries around the world, and now it will be required in Canada as well. Boo-hoo, big Goverment is sullying our play guns! There is no Second Amendment outside of America boys, so the second revolution will have to be postponed. Most of the world wishes they had such problems.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Why does any "airsoft" gun need to look like a regular gun? What is your problem with any legal efforts to not put replicas of real guns on the market?

Because there's no good reason to ban them.

"Need" has nothing to do with it. Why does anyone need to drink alcohol?

A specious argument if ever I read one. The fact that replicas can be mistaken for real guns can and lead to people being shot, which has happened, and they can and have been used in commission of a crime. Those are two excellent reasons to ban them. And I suspect you already know that, so your question is intellectually dishonest at its heart.

Unfortunately replica guns are tragedies waiting to happen. How can law enforcement know they are just harmless replicas?

A specious argument if ever I read one. The fact that replicas can be mistaken for real guns can and lead to people being shot, which has happened, and they can and have been used in commission of a crime. Those are two excellent reasons to ban them. And I suspect you already know that, so your question is intellectually dishonest at its heart.

Those are not excellent reasons to ban anything. If they were, you could use reasons like that to ban pretty much anything, including alcohol (a thousand times over). Anyone can avoid getting shot because they are carrying a replica rifle around in public, by NOT CARRYING A REPLICA RIFLE AROUND IN PUBLIC. Ban that.

And how many crimes are committed with them? What makes you think that anyone who is willing to commit armed robbery would care if the replica weapon he's using was banned?

Last edited:
Unfortunately replica guns are tragedies waiting to happen. How can law enforcement know they are just harmless replicas?

Law enforcement should assume they are real. That's not a reason to ban them.

Those are not excellent reasons to ban anything. If they were, you could use reasons like that to ban pretty much anything, including alcohol (a thousand times over). Anyone can avoid getting shot because they are carrying a replica rifle around in public, by NOT CARRYING A REPLICA RIFLE AROUND IN PUBLIC. Ban that.

And how many crimes are committed with them? What makes you think that anyone who is willing to commit armed robbery would care if the replica weapon he's using was banned?
Yeah - like I said. A specious argument.

I really don't have much problem with marking toy guns so that they are obviously toy guns. Such as the orange muzzle marker. Keeps a kid from being shot in the park for the crime of playing Cops and Robbers.

A complete ban is another thing. Oh well....Canadians can do what Canadians want. Here in the US, I wouldn't see much sense in banning a replica of something when the real thing is available.

Is threatening cops with replica guns a big problem? I would think that's a problem would sort itself out pretty quick.

Another thing to think about is that maybe if there had been a law banning replica guns, John Dillinger wouldn't have been able to break out of jail that time. :)

Might be too far, but best to err on the side of safety. Realistic looking replicas can be used to commit crimes.

Stats in the UK show that the majority of "armed robberies" are done with replica guns.

people who want to ban firearms are an excellent reason for those who value safety to NEED firearms.

Not only that; trained American cops shoot small children who are seen with toy guns.

Not only that; trained American cops shoot small children who are seen with toy guns.
that's true. I don't have an issue with toys being marked in a way that they are immediately identifiable as non-lethal.

Back
Top Bottom