• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada expected to send troops to Latvia to deter Russia

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Canada expected to send troops to Latvia to deter Russia - The Globe and Mail

Canada is expected to announce within days it will deploy hundreds of Canadian Forces soldiers to Latvia as part of a new NATO force in Eastern Europe as a deterrent against Russian aggression.

Sources say the federal cabinet has authorized Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan ‎to provide up to a battalion of Canadian troops, which is about 1,000 soldiers.

The right decision.

I thought Canada was smarter than that! The West and NATO are threatening Russia and initiating a media campaign that they are threatened by Russia. Russia has protected the Donbass in Ukraine that objected to the coup d'etat in Kiev orgnaized by the USA/CIA/NED at a cost of $5 billion.
Nope.
Who annexed Crimes and parts of Georgia?

Nope.
Who annexed Crimes and parts of Georgia?

It's sorta like the Iraq invasion so howcum there aren't a million or so dead Crimeans? Georgia attacked Russian soldiers in Ossetia and promptly got their asses kicked, but the Russians stopped and didn't take all of Georgia as they could have. Make note that the leader of Georgia that initiated that attack, Saakashvili(sp) is now a felon in Georgia. The CIA has made him the head of a province in Ukraine (Odessa).

It's sorta like the Iraq invasion so howcum there aren't a million or so dead Crimeans? Georgia attacked Russian soldiers in Ossetia and promptly got their asses kicked, but the Russians stopped and didn't take all of Georgia as they could have. Make note that the leader of Georgia that initiated that attack, Saakashvili(sp) is now a felon in Georgia. The CIA has made him the head of a province in Ukraine (Odessa).

They did have control of Georgian territory, so called Russians enclave.
Crimea, mostly ethic Russians. Ask the Tartars in crimea how things are going

They did have control of Georgian territory, so called Russians enclave.
Crimea, mostly ethic Russians. Ask the Tartars in crimea how things are going

I have real trouble finding photos of all those dead bodies resulting from the Crimean boondoggle. Must be at least a million of 'em somewhere, don't ya' know? The Tatars are about 5% of the poopulation and are the only ones not happy with the change of ownership. Crimeans voted 95% to remain with Russia and the election has been blessed by all the International oversight agencies.

I thought Canada was smarter than that! The West and NATO are threatening Russia and initiating a media campaign that they are threatened by Russia. Russia has protected the Donbass in Ukraine that objected to the coup d'etat in Kiev orgnaized by the USA/CIA/NED at a cost of $5 billion.

Latvia is not the Ukraine, in case you missed it.

FYI, although Canada has yet to join NATO's Operation Atlantic Resolve, this is not new for NATO - from December, 2014:

from May of 2015:

I saw a video earlier today, of a train moving 18 US tanks through the Baltics this week. I'm trying to find it to post here as well.

EDIT: It wasn't the Baltics, it was northern Romania:

Last edited:
Hm. I wonder why the Latvians would think otherwise. Let me think......:roll:

The Latvians don't think. They are a NATO member and NATO thinks for them, and not very well, I might add. Who does your thinking?

The Latvians don't think. They are a NATO member and NATO thinks for them, and not very well, I might add. Who does your thinking?

They joined NATO for protection because they'd been occupied by the USSR for more then sixty years and wanted to ensure their independence. Putin has hardly shown that his trustworthiness.

Back
Top Bottom