• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you point to one real lie Trump told, with the exact quote and link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Larrikin

Thunderstrzok
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Many on the left say that Trump lies. Some say he lies all day long, and that he tells thousands of lies per day, and so on. Every time I ask a Lefty to provide proof of one such lie, they go silent. On the odd occasion someone makes a list, but it fails. They rattle off examples from the top of their head instead of providing an exact quote, and they rarely provide links. I look into their allegations only to find there was no such lie. They’ll say that Trump said, “Obama was born in Kenya", and I will point out that in fact it was Obama’s literary agent who said that in an autobiography. Trump then tweeted to Romney, “In debate, @MittRomney should ask Obama why autobiography states "born in Kenya, raised in Indonesia."

So please don’t rattle off lies off the top of your head. Find the exact quote, and provide a link to it. I will then look into it. If I find any genuine proven lies I will agree to them being lies. If I don’t see any proof they will be deemed Fake News.

Trump is an honest man so it’s doubtful you will find any legitimate lies. And remember, a “view” or a “belief” is not a lie. Trump might say he believes in Zeus, and you might say that’s a lie. You would be using the wrong word. He might be wrong about something, but if he believed it when he said it, it is not a lie. For instance, if he boasted that he was the greatest POTUS ever, that’s not a lie. He believes he is. So do I. Another thing that is not a lie is an exaggeration or a joke. If Trump said, “When you’re a star they let you do it… grab ‘em by the *****,” this is not him saying he goes around raping women. That is the hysterical Left’s silly translation. Likewise, if he jokingly said, “Man, we’re gonna be the richest country for a million years,” that is not a lie – it is a harmless piece of joking or kidding around.

Here is the best way to go about this if you wish to try:

1) Calm down. Don’t rush.

2) Be sensible. Go find what you think is a Trump lie. Use Google and Bing.

3) Research it a little. See what other people say. That part is very important.

4) Once you are sure it is a lie, and not just Fake News, present the accurate quote & link.

Good luck, but remember, to qualify you need to provide the EXACT quote, and provide a link to show the alleged lie details. You say he lies so YOU provide PROOF. I will look at that proof and if I see you made mistakes, I will provide details. Any rambling diatribe without links will be deemed Fake News.

Many on the left say that Trump lies. Some say he lies all day long, and that he tells thousands of lies per day, and so on. Every time I ask a Lefty to provide proof of one such lie, they go silent. On the odd occasion someone makes a list, but it fails. They rattle off examples from the top of their head instead of providing an exact quote, and they rarely provide links. I look into their allegations only to find there was no such lie. They’ll say that Trump said, “Obama was born in Kenya", and I will point out that in fact it was Obama’s literary agent who said that in an autobiography. Trump then tweeted to Romney, “In debate, @MittRomney should ask Obama why autobiography states "born in Kenya, raised in Indonesia."

So please don’t rattle off lies off the top of your head. Find the exact quote, and provide a link to it. I will then look into it. If I find any genuine proven lies I will agree to them being lies. If I don’t see any proof they will be deemed Fake News.

Trump is an honest man so it’s doubtful you will find any legitimate lies. And remember, a “view” or a “belief” is not a lie. Trump might say he believes in Zeus, and you might say that’s a lie. You would be using the wrong word. He might be wrong about something, but if he believed it when he said it, it is not a lie. For instance, if he boasted that he was the greatest POTUS ever, that’s not a lie. He believes he is. So do I. Another thing that is not a lie is an exaggeration or a joke. If Trump said, “When you’re a star they let you do it… grab ‘em by the *****,” this is not him saying he goes around raping women. That is the hysterical Left’s silly translation. Likewise, if he jokingly said, “Man, we’re gonna be the richest country for a million years,” that is not a lie – it is a harmless piece of joking or kidding around.

Here is the best way to go about this if you wish to try:

1) Calm down. Don’t rush.

2) Be sensible. Go find what you think is a Trump lie. Use Google and Bing.

3) Research it a little. See what other people say. That part is very important.

4) Once you are sure it is a lie, and not just Fake News, present the accurate quote & link.

Good luck, but remember, to qualify you need to provide the EXACT quote, and provide a link to show the alleged lie details. You say he lies so YOU provide PROOF. I will look at that proof and if I see you made mistakes, I will provide details. Any rambling diatribe without links will be deemed Fake News.

Why not look for yourself. As none have passed your smell test, it should be easy and quick.

Why not look for yourself. As none have passed your smell test, it should be easy and quick.

I've looked at plenty of accusations and allegations made by the Left. I can't find one alleged lie that is actually a lie. Can you?

By the way, if I said the same thing about a real liar, you'd be falling over yourself to point to a couple of well documented lies he or she made. Why are you SO SHY when it comes to pointing at one of the zillions of lies you say Trump made? So very shy.

I've looked at plenty of accusations and allegations made by the Left. I can't find one alleged lie that is actually a lie. Can you?

By the way, if I said the same thing about a real liar, you'd be falling over yourself to point to a couple of well documented lies he or she made. Why are you SO SHY when it comes to pointing at one of the zillions of lies you say Trump made? So very shy.

Then post those so called lies as part of your OP.

A baiting troll thread if I ever saw one

I'm with you on this. Here are a couple of my old posts on the subject:

The idea that Trump "lies" so much is itself an exaggeration of the MSN.

Now, I am not going to argue that Trump hasn't "lied" about some things, but then again, many of our current "political heroes" lie, and we all seem to tolerate it in those politicians we support while deploring it in politicians we don't support.

However, anyone with any past knowledge of Mr. Trump would not be surprised at his hyperbolic style of speech.

He is a real estate salesman. Success in sales requires significant use of superlatives, exaggeration, and puffery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffery

You see it every time you go to a major fast food chain, food never looks as good on your plate as it does in the pictures.

He's been doing this for 50 years, selling people on his hotels, apartment complexes, and resorts.

It is second nature to him. He doesn't even realize he is doing it.

What you and other's are assuming is that he is lying with intent, when what he is doing is puffing himself up to be more than he is in an effort to sell himself at all times.

He also shoots from the hip, like your garden-variety office breakroom conversation; speaking about things half-known as if generally-accepted truth.

This is easily shown throughout his public history.

I personally wish he would tone it back a bit, but he's over 70 years old and it is pretty much an ingrained personality trait now.

So, take that for what you will...but IMO asserting "lies are becoming truth" simply because you think Trump is a pathological liar is a bit much. :coffeepap:

And Here:

(Sigh) Here is the source of the "1318 Lies" story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ebsite&utm_source=fark&utm_term=.0d1eb694c845

As far as some people are concerned, if the media says something is a lie (conflating use of superlatives, exaggeration, lack of context, and unintentionally getting facts wrong), then it must be true.

Of course, this reasoning makes everyone including the Media out to be a habitual liar.

That's the problem. What the MSM and most of us excuse as bombast, harmless exaggeration, and honest mistakes of information in each other...when Mr. Trump does it he is a liar.

Well color me surprised! Then one wonders why some of us consider those who provide this propaganda less than truthful sources themselves...those of us not already pre-disposed to hate him no matter what that is. :coffeepap:

Then post those so called lies as part of your OP.

This isn't about me posting other people's allegations. It's about you posting proof of the lies you say Trump tells. If I have to fight to get someone to show one Trump lie, on a board like this, with all its "Trump is a liar" Lefties, what does that reveal, do you think? Does it tell you anything?

Don't have a quote or link, not looking for one either.

He lied about hooking up with Stormy.

This isn't about me posting other people's allegations. It's about you posting proof of the lies you say Trump tells. If I have to fight to get someone to show one Trump lie, on a board like this, with all its "Trump is a liar" Lefties, what does that reveal, do you think? Does it tell you anything?

Could be about you and your OP?

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385

That's Trump's opinion and he is the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, with access to all military intelligence, so I'd say he probably knows a little more on that subject than you do. I won't classify that as a lie, and you cannot either.

That's Trump's opinion and he is the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, with access to all military intelligence, so I'd say he probably knows a little more on that subject than you do. I won't classify that as a lie, and you cannot either.

Look at the date of the tweet.

He also lied when he said he knew nothing about the $130,000 paid to Stormy. This one he admitted to himself:

trump quote.JPG

Do you discount all mindless repetition of statements made by others that have been shown to be false? Because he is quite good at that.

If your comprehension is so poor that you need someone to post proof of one lie Trump has told, there is little hope you would recognize the fact. It seems you may have distorted your sense of reality to accommodate his lying.

Enjoy the trolling.

I'm with you on this. Here are a couple of my old posts on the subject:

And Here:

Thanks for that - I went to those posts to give my long overdue thumbs up :D

I was absent at the time, and will be taking a few months leave once again, soon.

Many on the left say that Trump lies. Some say he lies all day long, and that he tells thousands of lies per day, and so on. Every time I ask a Lefty to provide proof of one such lie, they go silent.

Here you go....

Last year Sanders said Trump “certainly didn’t dictate” the statement. But in a 20-page letter to the special counsel, Trump lawyers said Trump dictated the statement. Reporters at today’s briefing asked her what’s up with that.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/white-...ment-on-campaign-meeting-russians-1202403173/

Just before he was inaugurated as president he resorted to all-caps:

"Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA — NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!"

But, as USA Today noted at the time, this is not exactly true.

Donald Trump has always denied deals with Russia, but how true is that? - Donald Trump's America - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Trump had signed a letter of intent to build a tower in Moscow while he was running for president. His claim that he "has nothing to do with Russia" was a lie.

But I have dozens of these obvious lies.

"Crime in Germany is up 10% plus (officials do not want to report these crimes) since migrants were accepted. Others countries are even worse. Be smart America!"
9:52 AM - Jun 19, 2018

You don't get to cherry pick this comment from Donald and neither does Donald. That is a direct quote "Crime in Germany is up 10% plus". Trump did not pick some region in Germany nor a specific type of crime. Straight up "Crime in Germany is up 10% plus". Straight up lie.

There ya' go. There's your one from me. Lots more where that came from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom