• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Know God?

I can't know God because God is not something real. I know I am physical and finite. You have your hopes and dreams, I have my acceptance of reality.
He's been with you all your life and will eventually reveal Himself. You haven't seen His power yet. I have and it's unimaginable.

He's been with you all your life and will eventually reveal Himself. You haven't seen His power yet. I have and it's unimaginable.

Once again you state a belief as if it is knowledge. You just believe this, correct?

Once again you state a belief as if it is knowledge. You just believe this, correct?

I know this without the slightest shadow of a doubt but I can't prove any of it, yet. We're merely knocking on the door.

It is what it is, so try and deal with it.
Your dodge is noted.
It is what it is, so try and deal with it.
Your dodge is noted.
You are your body/brain but where in the brain are you located?
Primarily in the frontal lobe, which is involved in (but not limited to) personality characteristics and higher thought processes like decision making.
You can't find or know God because you're not looking at the whole picture. Find yourself within the body, then you'll know.

This saying will come true, there is no such thing as Me, I, or Them, there's only We and Us.
That's no different than saying you'll find an imaginary friend.
Then call the universe God and you'll be close to the same thing. The Head of all His body.
If one defines "god" as the universe, then "god" does exist. But if one defines god as an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent supernatural deity, then there is no evidence for that defined God and affirmative claims to such are logically indefensible.

If one defines "god" as the universe, then "god" does exist. But if one defines god as an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent supernatural deity, then there is no evidence for that defined God and affirmative claims to such are logically indefensible.
The universe is just the visible part of God. His spirit, like ours, is unobservable. ;)

The universe is just the visible part of God. His spirit, like ours, is unobservable. ;)
Then one cannot claim there is a spirit as fact.

289a04359881fb344d299c7f4bade15f.jpg

I know this without the slightest shadow of a doubt but I can't prove any of it, yet. We're merely knocking on the door.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but you are claiming something which is impossible. Without facts or evidence, no one can claim to know anything. You can plausibly claim to believe it.

Then one cannot claim there is a spirit as fact.

Until they find a physical residence for consciousness, I'm calling it spirit
Describe what you "saw" and the situation you were in when this "event" happened. Please.

It was unbelievable and far greater than anything in the bible. You'll see it eventually.
I hate to beat a dead horse, but you are claiming something which is impossible. Without facts or evidence, no one can claim to know anything. You can plausibly claim to believe it.

Not impossible. And I could perform miracles and the populace would still hang me. They like to do that. You'll get no evidence, other than wisdom and truth from me.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” - Arthur C. Clarke

It was unbelievable and far greater than anything in the bible. You'll see it eventually.

Not impossible. And I could perform miracles and the populace would still hang me. They like to do that. You'll get no evidence, other than wisdom and truth from me.

Yes, it is factually impossible. Your claims are only your beliefs. Not sure why you aren't satisfied with that reality.

Consciousness is a function of the brain. There's nothing spiritual or supernatural about it.
Miracles are nothing more than fortuitous circumstances which lack obvious explanations or appeal to emotions.

Yes, it is factually impossible. Your claims are only your beliefs. Not sure why you aren't satisfied with that reality.

You don't know for sure what's impossible. They thought splitting an atom was impossible.

Why can't I share my beliefs and experiences?

Consciousness is a function of the brain. There's nothing spiritual or supernatural about it.
Miracles are nothing more than fortuitous circumstances which lack obvious explanations or appeal to emotions.
Prove it.

You don't know for sure what's impossible. They thought splitting an atom was impossible.

You can share anything you like. But if you claim to know something that is factually impossible to know, don't be surprised by disagreement.

But it isn't magic. It is still just technology.
If you saw a person disappear right before your eyes, then were asked to explain, you would likely think it was an illusion, technology, or magic. But unless revealed how, you couldn't prove or be absolutely sure, it wasn't magic. Just because you don't believe in the supernatural doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I find the theory of a singularity, with infinite gravity, to sound inconceivable.

Prove it.
Basic neurology: the cerebral cortex of the brain deals with consciousness. Damage to certain parts of the cerebral cortex can alter or even impair consciousness to varying degrees and severity. This is also medically demonstrated. It all comes down to biology.

You can share anything you like. But if you claim to know something that is factually impossible to know, don't be surprised by disagreement.

It's only factually impossible for others to know what I alone experienced. But don't tell me it wasn't real because I went thru it.

Beliefs do not equal facts and experiences are subjective and anecdotal. You can share them, but don't think that makes them free from scrutiny.

If you saw a person disappear right before your eyes, then were asked to explain, you would likely think it was an illusion, technology, or magic. But unless revealed how, you couldn't prove or be absolutely sure, it wasn't magic. Just because you don't believe in the supernatural doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I find the theory of a singularity, with infinite gravity, to sound inconceivable.

Anyone's belief or disbelief in something is not relevant to whether something is factual. Our personal opinions do not determine it either. This is not about what you or I believe. It is about what can be demonstrated to be factual.

Basic neurology: the cerebral cortex of the brain deals with consciousness. Damage to certain parts of the cerebral cortex can alter or even impair consciousness to varying degrees and severity. This is also medically demonstrated. It all comes down to biology.
Many researchers *think* they've found consciousness but they haven't proved it.

It's only factually impossible for others to know what I alone experienced. But don't tell me it wasn't real because I went thru it.

I only told you that your claim that it was real can only be a belief because it its impossible to demonstrate that it is factual.

Back
Top Bottom