• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Republicans be saved?

Is there any saving the Republicans?

• The Republicans don't need saving. They're in good shape.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Yes, everyone can be saved.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • No, Republicans are lost and there's no coming back.

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
Republicans used to believe in free minds and free markets. They used to believe in education as well. They used to believe in science. Those people are still around. Many of them aren't Republicans anymore.
They SAID they did....until the fat former guy gave them permission to be thugs.

They SAID they did....until the fat former guy gave them permission to be thugs.
You mean "insurrectionists" don't ya? Thugs are those that set fire to buildings and looted in some of your larger metropolitans for weeks/months -- like Portland Oregon.

My question would be - can the rest of the Republican party without Trump and some of those on the extreme right be saved?
Do they distance themselves from some of the more extreme members promoting "the big lie", QAnon, and other conspiracies and try to move forward somehow? Is there a split coming?
I know many Republicans who would love to vote R but may not be comfortable continuing to support a party promoting such wild ideas.
Who will be the leader of the party willing to support more moderate Republicans, and possibly pick up some of those in the middle along the way?
Those who would love to vote Republican, may need to rethink that concept, because what they though the Republican Party was is no longer that.. It has NOT been the Republican Party of 1964 since the passage of the Civil Rights Act.
  • What it became was the Party of white people who were desperate to roll back Civil Rights and Try and Recreate The Past, by attacking, blocking and trying to stagnate progress and defeat the full integration of a Multi-ethnic and Multicultural Society.
Conservatism has always been "fiction for the foolish". It's basis was built upon denying government programming that benefits the citizen population and more targeted to denying and defeating anything that would include benefits for and too minorities, and dire poor whites and immigrants.
  • It was designed to be for and about directing Federal, State and Local Resources to what ever benefits the wealthy, the industrialist and the Politicians who advocate for the wealthy and the industrialist.
  • One can look at the Federalist Society created under Reagan Administration, which has been bastardizing the courts with right wing, Business before People, Judges.
  • The Early Federalist, were as well focused on "Business before People"
  • Representative Democracy understand that People support business with labor and consumerism, without those two elements, there is no business that can develop or prosper. Business is built on the principle of service to society, it functions because of collective labor and collective consumerism of society.
  • The value of collectivism is powerful. It's why Business wanted to destroy Unions, because Union's gave the people a voice in how business served the laborer as well as how that business met the needs and services to benefit society and community.
    • PEOPLE ARE THE NATIONS GREATEST NATIONAL SECURITY BENEFIT TO A NATION!!!
These are elements that are part of what "Critical Thinking" bring to the better performances of what is society and nation.

People don't know history, if they did they'd know there were two group that engaged challenges in the Drafting and Implementation of the Declaration of Independence and the Development of The Constitution.
There was the wealthy, the land owners and the industrialist, including slave owners and those who possessed indentured servants, and the other was the group that wanted to empower the people in general without regard to monetary, ethnic, religious or racial classifications.
the former was the roots of Conservatism which is diametrically opposed to what benefits the people and empower the people and promote for the nation and people.
The land owners, the industrialist and slave owners and those who possessed indentured servants, considered themselves the most important members of society. Those who stood for Democracy Principles for All People were the Non Conservatives.

It's very detailed and most people simply don't have the motivation or the attention span to have learned these things, nor did they have the critical thinking developmental concerns to know why they needed to learn these things. Civics Illiteracy is a tremendous damage to any nation and its people. What people don't know is very damaging to society when people become caught in a spin cycle where they don't think they need to know. Civic Education is among the most important types of Education in the Advancement of Any Nation.

America suffers many challenges over many centuries and many decades due to Civics Illiteracy of what is American Representative Democracy, and how a Republic Form of Representative Governance was designed to empower the people, to be a self governing society. It teaches people the critical importance of what Regulatory Programming is to the benefits of a Republic Form of Representative Governances.

It's unfortunate that many of the previous generational types don't understand what is being said. They can't comprehend what they have spent their lives trying not to understand, therefore it becomes bewildering, and the habit of short attention span grooming, has not benefitted them.

Last edited:
I fear nobody I grew up in an era where fear was never that popular, the 60's
The only time fear came into play was after the murders of
Medgar Evans, Martin King, John F. Kennedy Robert Kennedy
Question; What do these men have in common other than the fact all were investigated by the FBI, as well as the CIA
You don't remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? Lots of fear there.

Are any of you old enough to remember when Nixon left office in disgrace? Same type of discussions about the end of the GOP. Then came a movie star from CA...
Who destroyed the growth of the Middle Class.

You mean "insurrectionists" don't ya? Thugs are those that set fire to buildings and looted in some of your larger metropolitans for weeks/months -- like Portland Oregon.
Did those rioters identify with a specific political party or a specific individual like trump's thugs do?

See, now thats just factually wrong, not hyperbole.
1630424062896.png

Did those rioters identify with a specific political party or a specific individual like trump's thugs do?
You insist on calling "insurrectionists" "thugs". Don't you know the difference?

In regards to the "thugs" that rioted and looted in metropolitans like Portland, I believe Harris was part of a group that provided bail money to get them out of jail. I think you should be able to connect the dots just from that fact alone.

Was he a "terrorist" before or after his tenure as POTUS? If before I'd like to see your examples. Trump was popular because, and only because, of his policies. They resonated with his supporters. Someday Democrats will figure this out. Even if all his family members died off (which is a morbid wish) there are at least 74+ million that voted for him because of his policies, so I'm sure there are at least a few among them that would carry the torch.
WHAT policies?

You insist on calling "insurrectionists" "thugs". Don't you know the difference?

In regards to the "thugs" that rioted and looted in metropolitans like Portland, I believe Harris was part of a group that provided bail money to get them out of jail. I think you should be able to connect the dots just from that fact alone.
Behave like a thug....be called a thug. Easy Peasy.

The right-wing is constantly Dialed to 11 on outrage over nothing.

Or we could like, remove our first past the post voting system.
Or Republicans could use the old "if I win the election was fair, if I lose the election was fixed, but that's been done hasn't it???

Very colorful comments about Republicans.
But you should be aware that Pelosi and company are seriously worried about losing the House in 2022. Of course, you are going to ignore any of those stories because you believe it is the Republicans who are in trouble.
And that, despite Joe Biden looking like a doddering fool over the last few weeks because of Afghanistan.
But as an inveterate Trump-hater, you have to deflect and claim the GOP cannot be saved.
Hate is such a strong word; I don't hate Trump I do however question his judgement on a few things. That's nothing new, however There are many political decisions made by Republican's that have been questioned lately not just by me and not just by Democrats.
If Biden is a doddering old fool then Trump ain't nothing but an armchair quarterback or a back room general.
Real leaders lead from the front not the back room or basement.

Last edited:
, problem was - it's the independents swinging the other way after the disastrous trump years that won us back the WH and the Senate.
Independent at your service.
The Republicans make the same mistake no room for Independents they made that mistake before they are making it today.
If any of you know history of WW2 you know the mistakes Hitler made that led to his downfall .
He would tell his staff to take this army and attack;; problem was there was no army there anymore., or use the new weapons there were only a few to use .

I have yet to hear a democrat call for higher taxes on the poor or the middle class, but feel free to provide some evidence.
What happened to the trickle down theory???

Trump was just a dumber version of Reagan. The Eisenhower republican party no longer exists.
As a Independent even I would agree with that.
Eisenhower was the last true conservative.
Many Republicans don't know what that is or was?
It was an organization that fought hard for true conservatism.
Today it's only a power play so some individual will have more power.
Which is at best a dangerous play for any political party, which leads to a totalarion leadership for one individual too much power in the hands of a fool is like putting the button to launch missiles in the middle of a day care center

You don't remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? Lots of fear there.
Sure I remember the Cuban Missile crisis the run on fall out shelters, and bottled water.
Some fear some Americans actually held their breath for a short time
I believe what a military person that was there said;" America held it's breath for about half a minute"
A good thing somebody blinked huh?

Independent at your service.
The Republicans make the same mistake no room for Independents they made that mistake before they are making it today.
If any of you know history of WW2 you know the mistakes Hitler made that led to his downfall .
He would tell his staff to take this army and attack;; problem was there was no army there anymore., or use the new weapons there were only a few to use .
So you're saying that the Republicans are behaving like the German Nazi party of the 1930's? George Will, a well-renowned conservative journalist said the same thing. You're in good company!

Hate is such a strong word; I don't hate Trump I do however question his judgement on a few things. That's nothing new, however There are many political decisions made by Republican's that have been questioned lately not just by me and not just by Democrats.
If Biden is a doddering old fool then Trump ain't nothing but an armchair quarterback or a back room general.
Real leaders lead from the front not the back room or basement.
To be fair and honest, they both leave a lot to be desired.
I want them both to be off the world stage very soon.
Trump for his poor management of people.
And Biden for his poor decision making over the past seven months when he could have been planning for a smooth departure out of Afghanistan.

What policies are Republicans running on in 2022 and 2024?

Republicans haven't ran on any actual policy besides tax cuts for the rich and appointing as many federalist society approved judges to the courts since Reagan came onto the same. The only thing they've added since then is "owning the libs".

Back
Top Bottom