• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Can Condi be beaten in '08?

Can Condi be beaten in '08


  • Total voters
    27

thoracle

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
In my opinion, Condi Rice would get nearly all of the republican votes, at least a third of black men, nearly all women, white black or other. I don't see how any Democratic candidate can survive this shift. I have heard her express a very soft pro-life position, which will take a lot of bullets from the left, she has unrivaled foreign policy experience (NSA, Sec. of State) in the current environment, she has been all over the planet expressing strong, pro-America positions and creating new diplomatic relationships, and she has no baggage or skeletons. She recently went through senate confirmation, and while she was bombarded with anti-Bush monologues and asked to defend him constantly, they were not able to get ANY dirt on her.

She is in lock step with Bush on all the issues that appeal to the conservative base, she has not said anything to my knowledge that would jeopardize that base, and at the same time, she is not a white oil exec or a born again and she is apparently honest and visibly intelligent, diplomatic and articulate. (all the bases for the left's criticisms of Bush)

How can Hillary beat her? Can any Democrat defeat her?
 

TurkSol

New member
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i don t thing so
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
She'd be a very strong candidate for sure. Probably the candidate Hillary is most worried about running against and debating.
 

quietrage

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Location
Melrose Park and Milwaukee
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
If McCain runs he will win the GOP nomination and he will win the White House. Even if he does not run some of the more radical right wingers will not vote for her because of race and her sex. So to answer your question yes she can be beaten.

P.S. Can you put a poll in?
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
She will NOT run. She has NO experience running for an office. She has NEVER had to answer to the public. There is no way the Republicans would have her run for the highest office in the country. Even they are not that stupid.
 

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
7,297
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Saint Paul, MN
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
I added a poll to this thread... if there are options that should be taken out/put in, please let me know.
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
thoracle said:
In my opinion, Condi Rice would get nearly all of the republican votes,
It would be a referendum on Bush's foreign policy, which is not too popular last I checked. Many Republicans would likely stay home or vote for a third-party candidate.

thoracle said:
at least a third of black men,
Dream on.

thoracle said:
nearly all women, white black or other.
This is even more unrealistic. Why would women be more inclined to vote for Rice than anyone else? Especially if she was running against Hillary Clinton?

thoracle said:
I don't see how any Democratic candidate can survive this shift. I have heard her express a very soft pro-life position, which will take a lot of bullets from the left,
And get a lot more from the right.

thoracle said:
she has unrivaled foreign policy experience (NSA, Sec. of State) in the current environment,
That's a liability, not an asset.

thoracle said:
she has been all over the planet expressing strong, pro-America positions and creating new diplomatic relationships, and she has no baggage or skeletons. She recently went through senate confirmation, and while she was bombarded with anti-Bush monologues and asked to defend him constantly, they were not able to get ANY dirt on her.

She is in lock step with Bush on all the issues that appeal to the conservative base, she has not said anything to my knowledge that would jeopardize that base, and at the same time, she is not a white oil exec or a born again and she is apparently honest and visibly intelligent, diplomatic and articulate. (all the bases for the left's criticisms of Bush)

How can Hillary beat her? Can any Democrat defeat her?
Of course they can. Not only is she beatable, she isn't even a particularly strong candidate. Furthermore, she's repeatedly said that she has no interest in running for president.
 

Tashah

wʜɪтe яussɪaи
DP Veteran
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
18,379
Reaction score
9,228
Location
ישראל • אמריקה
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Centrist
Condi would do very well all across the US political spectrum and... she's well respected internationally. She's genuine, intelligent, articulate, informed, well traveled, personable with a good sense of humor, has an impressive academic and professional portfolio, and possesses a warm smile and great dimples.

God help Hillary if they ever squared off in televised presidential debates.



 

Hoot

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
18
Location
State of Confusion
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Condeleeza Rice is a liar.

If she is stupid enough to run for office, she'd be crucified by her own words.

Late Edition Sept., 8th 2002..."The aluminum tubes are really only suited for nuclear weapons programs, centrifuge programs."

She then went on to strike the ultimate terror in Americans by saying basically...we don't know how soon Saddam can acquire a nuclear weapon, "but we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."

This was a deliberate distortion by Rice to help justify this war for the Bush administration to the American public.

Much earlier, in that same year, our own CIA and Defense Intelligence Agency were adamant that these tubes were never meant for nuclear centrifuges, and were, in fact, designed for artillery shell casings...'2002 NIE Report.'

The one tube that the U.S. intercepted was found to be coated with a protective element...an element that would have to be removed before ever being considered as applicable for nuclear weapon making.

The Bush administration HAD intelligence reports that stated that the design, dimensions, and specs...were totally unsuitable for anything nuclear.

Saddam ordered these tubes over the internet! Hardly the act of someone trying to hide a nuclear weapons program. And you'd have to be stupid enough to believe Saddam deliberately ordered the wrong tubes.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, they all knew these tubes were not meant for nuclear weapons, yet, they still lied to all of us. They needed to scare the American public in their need to justify this unneccesary war.

Rice lied...she's dead meat if she runs for office...she should be indicted along with Rove, Rumsfield, Cheney, and Bush.

P.S. Hillary would eat Rice alive in any debate.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Tashah said:
Condi would do very well all across the US political spectrum and... she's well respected internationally. She's genuine, intelligent, articulate, informed, well traveled, personable with a good sense of humor, has an impressive academic and professional portfolio, and possesses a warm smile and great dimples.

God help Hillary if they ever squared off in televised presidential debates.



All of which is completely irrelevant since she has no experience in holding a public office.
 

Old and wise

Active member
Joined
Aug 28, 2005
Messages
310
Reaction score
0
Location
New England
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
By the time the shrub is finished ruining this country, no Republican will have a chance of getting in the White House.:lol:
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Correction: No conservatives will have a chance of getting elected. McKain has a fighting chance I think. Or I hope. He would make a good president.
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
FinnMacCool said:
Correction: No conservatives will have a chance of getting elected. McKain has a fighting chance I think. Or I hope. He would make a good president.
McCain has no chance of winning the Republican primary. Perhaps he could run as an independent though (and have as good a chance as either of the other candidates since his name-recognition and fund-raising abilities would be just as good).
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Old and wise said:
By the time the shrub is finished ruining this country, no Republican will have a chance of getting in the White House.:lol:
History would indicate that you are correct. Incumbent parties rarely win three terms in a row.
 

Tashah

wʜɪтe яussɪaи
DP Veteran
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
18,379
Reaction score
9,228
Location
ישראל • אמריקה
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Centrist
Hoot said:
Late Edition Sept., 8th 2002..."The aluminum tubes are really only suited for nuclear weapons programs, centrifuge programs."
Every intel agency in the West made that same assessment.

Kelzie said:
All of which is completely irrelevant since she has no experience in holding a public office.
Neither did General Dwight D. Eisenhower.


 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Tashah said:
Neither did General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Yeah but that was 50 years ago. It's going to be a big enough change for the Republicans to run a woman, let alone one with no experience.
 

Tashah

wʜɪтe яussɪaи
DP Veteran
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
18,379
Reaction score
9,228
Location
ישראל • אמריקה
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Centrist
Kelzie said:
Yeah but that was 50 years ago. It's going to be a big enough change for the Republicans to run a woman, let alone one with no experience.
She has plenty of experience... just no experience as an enabler. ;)


 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Tashah said:
She has plenty of experience... just no experience as an enabler. ;)


Well, exactly. Honestly, I wish she would run. It would be a very shrewd move on the part of the Republicans to counter Hillary. I just don't see it happening.
 

Tashah

wʜɪтe яussɪaи
DP Veteran
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
18,379
Reaction score
9,228
Location
ישראל • אמריקה
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Centrist
Kelzie said:
Well, exactly. Honestly, I wish she would run. It would be a very shrewd move on the part of the Republicans to counter Hillary. I just don't see it happening.
Lol, the 'enabler' line was a subtle shot at Hillary. I agree with you though... I don't think she will run in '08 for many valid reasons. That said, I still think she would make a damn good candidate at another time.


 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Tashah said:
Lol, the 'enabler' line was a subtle shot at Hillary. I agree with you though... I don't think she will run in '08 for many valid reasons. That said, I still think she would make a damn good candidate at another time.


Sure. Except for the fact that she's a conservative. :2razz:
 

Tashah

wʜɪтe яussɪaи
DP Veteran
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
18,379
Reaction score
9,228
Location
ישראל • אמריקה
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Centrist
Kelzie said:
Sure. Except for the fact that she's a conservative. :2razz:
A subtle shot at me? Lol. Let's see, the last Socialist elected to be president was..... ummmm..... who? Help me out here Kelz :rofl


 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Reagan, Reagan, Bush. FDR, FDR, FDR, Truman, Truman.
I didn't say it's never happened before in the history of the republic. I said it's rare.
 

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Kandahar said:
I didn't say it's never happened before in the history of the republic. I said it's rare.
True but who on the Dems side has a snowballs chance in hell of winning in 08 if we run Mccain, Giuliani, or Rice, Hillary won't stand a chance, actually I think we could run a chimp in a suit and he would still beat Hillary.
 
Top Bottom