• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a sitting President be indicted?

Can a sitting president be indicted?

• Total voters
Do you believe that DOJ rules can be changed on a case by case basis?

Considering that it's not a rule, more of a guideline, then yes, it absolutely can.

We've not seen a president with this level of criminality since Harding*. If you think a lawyer could argue equal protection over the breaking of what is essentially an unwritten rule, good luck with that one pal.

* -- I, for one, think Harding was even worse than Nixon in how dick-ass corrupt he was. YMMV

Considering that it's not a rule, more of a guideline, then yes, it absolutely can.

We've not seen a president with this level of criminality since Harding*. If you think a lawyer could argue equal protection over the breaking of what is essentially an unwritten rule, good luck with that one pal.

* -- I, for one, think Harding was even worse than Nixon in how dick-ass corrupt he was. YMMV

Of course you support a double standard.

Unwritten rule? It's written right here. :lamo

https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion...enability-indictment-and-criminal-prosecution

ROnVadqLoEA]https://youtu.be/ROnVadqLoEA

So once you’ve seen this video, should you choose to and I highly encourage you to do so, what is your answer?

Ill admit, I don’t know, seems a very tough question but you never know, we may just find out...
A more appropriate question would be: "Should a sitting President be indicted"?

Because the 21st Century came with a new and radical political entity (The Progressive Democrat Party) that fortunately for us has exposed its ultimate goal, which happens to be the same as all Marxist revolutionaries except with some new specialized tactics.

And that goal is to Transform America by subverting federal agencies, courts, elections, and key depts of government, corrupting the US Constitution, breaking/ignoring/manipulating state and federal Laws, lying under oath, and imprisoning political enemies. etc-etc.

Beware the piper as you follow singing and dancing, while he plays his beautiful tune.

The "level of criminality" you associate with Donald Trump doesn't exist except in the minds of gullible simpletons.

The simple truth is; a corrupt Democrat Party and its loyal Main Stream Media has for two years bombarded our senses with anti-Trump propaganda, fake news, unsubstantiated criminal accusations, investigations, and outright lies.

So this is a very bad time to begin indicting Presidents at least till after the Democrat Party has been dismantled.

Yes, it should be legal to indict a sitting president.

He would do this in return for an agreement by the DOJ not to indict him. If the DOJ gave him that deal, they would do so having decided that it was better to forego justice rather let a criminal be at the helm of the world's most powerful country for one more day.

I don't know what you mean by "I don’t know anything that his name would be on," but yes, Pence would become President.

What I mean is would this investigation fall onto Pence? If he is the president? Because I would like to see what they comes up with him. I bet you money that someone would come out with something.

The answer is still yes.
And Nixon should have been. It took 2 years and tapes with his voice ordering crimes. Things are no different now crooks and con man usually go hand in hand. Nixon won 49 states uopn reelection...electoral college massacre and he was a known criminal there just weren't tapes yet.
Sorry we are either a country of laws or not?
It has become painfully obvious just how much we depended on rules and norms since so many have been thrown out the window we need to fall back on laws and follow them.

But would we still have a investigation and a looming impeachment case for Hillary Clinton?

If indicted before being removed from office, could a President not simply pardon them self? Given the Constitution specifically limits a President from pardoning impeachments, doesn't that lend weight to the idea impeachment must precede indictment?

If a president shot and killed someone, there is no doubt he would be immediately arrested and enter the legal process. Nobody is above the law. The question is the degree of the crime. With Trump, the question arises whether a president who committed a crime in order to become the president, can be indicted. I think the answer to that would be yes, because otherwise you would have a criminal being rewarded for having broken the law, and that should not happen.

What I mean is would this investigation fall onto Pence? If he is the president? Because I would like to see what they comes up with him. I bet you money that someone would come out with something.

Why would the investigation fall onto pence?

Yes, I understand that argument. It basically incentivizes candidates to commit campaign fraud. I know. His defrauding of the American public is vast, and that probably would complicate a DOJ decision to let his crimes slide in return for dropping indictment.

But also remember this: it only takes one major Trump-caused catastrophe to make your desire for justice seem silly. If a decision of his leads to an avoidable war that results in tens of thousands of deaths, or an economic implosion, or a plague that he does nothing to stop or just one nuclear strike, a picture of him sitting in a prison cell will offer you absolutely no comfort.

Your right, I am just really disgruntled over the ripping apart of our country. I have no idea what the answer is or should be....but I do know I was blinded for years thinking we were okay I had no idea there was this much hatred for fellow Americans. I thought Republicans were all about the law but now I know that's only for other people.
Oh well I guess we will all see what happens over the next year.

But would we still have a investigation and a looming impeachment case for Hillary Clinton?

I'm not sure what your question is?
If your asking would I be calling for a Hillary indictment if the tables were turned...the answer is yes.
Caveat....not for things that were already investigated to death!
The current presidents has not been under Republican scrutiny for 30+ years....he has only been really investigated for about 3 years. He wouldn't have survived 30 years.

Your right, I am just really disgruntled over the ripping apart of our country. I have no idea what the answer is or should be....but I do know I was blinded for years thinking we were okay I had no idea there was this much hatred for fellow Americans. I thought Republicans were all about the law but now I know that's only for other people.
Oh well I guess we will all see what happens over the next year.

After trump was inaugurated I became aware of the full extent of their hatred as well. It was more than a little surprising. I knew we had our differences, sure, but I wasn't expecting that.

After trump was inaugurated I became aware of the full extent of their hatred as well. It was more than a little surprising. I knew we had our differences, sure, but I wasn't expecting that.

Trump is not your political correctness and apologizing president

Back
Top Bottom