• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a Christian lose their salvation?

This is simply a denial of what happened. God used the bones.
No, it is not...it is getting to the root of things...just how dear are your objects to you? do you realize God has the power to do anything, with nothing?

No, it is not...it is getting to the root of things...just how dear are your objects to you? do you realize God has the power to do anything, with nothing?
And that's what the Church teaches. It is ultimately from God. So if God could do it through the bones of Elisha, why not the same today?

And that's what the Church teaches. It is ultimately from God. So if God could do it through the bones of Elisha, why not the same today?
Difference is, those bones were not created or made that distinct purpose of healing...if God is going to use His power for healing or anything else, He does not need any object, therefore neither do you...that is the point...just how precious are those objects to you?

Difference is, those bones were not created or made that distinct purpose of healing...if God is going to use His power for healing or anything else, He does not need any object, therefore neither do you...that is the point...just how precious are those objects to you?
He doesn't need any object, but He uses objects.

He doesn't need any object, but He uses objects.
That is not the point...why do you use them? Where would your faith/service to God be without them? What if you were locked in a prison cell tomorrow....would that affect your faith to be without them? Are they a crutch?

That is not the point...why do you use them? Where would your faith/service to God be without them? What if you were locked in a prison cell tomorrow....would that affect your faith to be without them? Are they a crutch?
My faith wouldn't change. But you say they're bad even though we know God uses objects. Do you know better than God?

My faith wouldn't change. But you say they're bad even though we know God uses objects. Do you know better than God?
So, why do you use them, why do you need them, why do you want them? I know how God feels about pagan idols...I know how He felt about the golden calf...I know how He feels about carved images...I know how He feels about anything manmade used in our worship to Him...

"I am Jehovah. That is my name;
I give my glory to no one else,
Nor my praise to graven images

Who would form a god or cast a metal image
That can bring no benefit?
Look! All his associates will be put to shame!
The craftsmen are mere humans.
Let them all assemble and take their stand.
They will be terrified and be put to shame together.
They must be turned back, they will be very much ashamed, those who are putting trust in the carved image, those who are saying to a molten image: ‘You are our gods.’” Isaiah 42:8,10;11;17

So, why do you use them, why do you need them, why do you want them? I know how God feels about pagan idols...I know how He felt about the golden calf...I know how He feels about carved images...I know how He feels about anything manmade used in our worship to Him...

"I am Jehovah. That is my name;
I give my glory to no one else,
Nor my praise to graven images

Who would form a god or cast a metal image
That can bring no benefit?
Look! All his associates will be put to shame!
The craftsmen are mere humans.
Let them all assemble and take their stand.
They will be terrified and be put to shame together.
They must be turned back, they will be very much ashamed, those who are putting trust in the carved image, those who are saying to a molten image: ‘You are our gods.’” Isaiah 42:8,10;11;17
You would have it that something wrong was done by touching a dead body to revive someone even though that's exactly what happened. So again, do you know better than God?

You would have it that something wrong was done by touching a dead body to revive someone even though that's exactly what happened. So again, do you know better than God?
I know God detests carved, graven images of any sort...period...there is not a single instance in Scripture where faithful servants of Jehovah resorted to the use of visual aids to pray to God or engaged in a form of relative/human worship because such items is what the pagans of the nations resorted to in their worship and God's servants have always been instructed to be nothing like the nations/pagans...

Where are the successors of the Apostles, then?

Why aren't you answering my questions?
I've been answering all your questions, and yet you keep ignoring mine! WHY?
Let's try again:

You brought up Malachi 1 - you asked: What is Malachi 1:11 saying? What are we supposed to give to God?

PURE OFFERINGS!

UNBLEMISHED ANIMALS for SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS!

In the Old Testament - MALACHI 1 - they kill and sacrifice animals.

YOUR CHURCH IS DOING THAT?

You're killing unblemished sacrificial animals to give God?

YES, or NO?

I know God detests carved, graven images of any sort...period...there is not a single instance in Scripture where faithful servants of Jehovah resorted to the use of visual aids to pray to God or engaged in a form of relative/human worship because such items is what the pagans of the nations resorted to in their worship and God's servants have always been instructed to be nothing like the nations/pagans...
:rolleyes:

I don't think you've got any credibility lecturing him about what God detests.

God wouldn't want anyone to dis-respect His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON by bringing him low to the status of angels!
Jesus is most certainly not Michael.

Would God be happy with JW for negating what God had tried to hammer into people -

FEAR -

FEAR of ETERNAL PUNISHNMENT IN HELL?

....and here you guys go, telling those who haven't repented, "don't worry. There is no hell. There is no eternal punishment.
You don't take God's word for it - sometimes, He gives bs!" :)

What makes JW different from the Catholic Church?
Like it or not, you're on the same boat. Your doctrines are not from God!

Hahahaha - if the Catholics make this entity that calls itself "Mary" equal with Christ - JWs make Christ equal with angels!:)
Isn't that wild? :ROFLMAO: You and Phattonez - your squabblings are so funny! :LOL:

Lol.....you two are arguing over which between the two of you - JW and Catholic doctrines - is the lesser evil.
🤷

Last edited:
Why aren't you answering my questions?
I've been answering all your questions, and yet you keep ignoring mine! WHY?
Let's try again:

You brought up Malachi 1 - you asked: What is Malachi 1:11 saying? What are we supposed to give to God?

PURE OFFERINGS!

UNBLEMISHED ANIMALS for SACRIFICIAL OFFERINGS!

In the Old Testament - MALACHI 1 - they kill and sacrifice animals.

YOUR CHURCH IS DOING THAT?

You're killing unblemished sacrificial animals to give God?

YES, or NO?
That's not what the pure offering is. The pure offering is Christ.

At no point have animals been sacrificed throughout the world at all times for God. The only answer is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

I don't think you've got any credibility lecturing him about what God detests.

God wouldn't want anyone to dis-respect His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON by bringing him low to the status of angels!
Jesus is most certainly not Michael.

Would God be happy with JW for negating what God had tried to hammer into people -

FEAR -

FEAR of ETERNAL PUNISHNMENT IN HELL?

....and here you guys go, telling those who haven't repented, "don't worry. There is no hell. There is no eternal punishment.
You don't take God's word for it - sometimes, He gives bs!" :)

What makes JW different from the Catholic Church?
Like it or not, you're on the same boat. Your doctrines are not from God!

Hahahaha - if the Catholics make this entity that calls itself "Mary" equal with Christ - JWs make Christ equal with angels!:)
Isn't that wild? [emoji23] You and Phattonez - your squabblings are so funny! [emoji38]

Lol.....you two are arguing over which between the two of you - JW and Catholic doctrines - is the lesser evil.
[emoji1745]
No one makes Mary equal to Christ. You're a liar, Tosca.

That's not what the pure offering is. The pure offering is Christ.

Lol. Then, don't give me Malachi 1! :ROFLMAO:

At no point have animals been sacrificed throughout the world at all times for God.

Before Jesus Christ - they did sacrifice animals for God!

The only answer is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

BALONEY!

Jesus Christ had already died and rose from the dead! It's done! It's finished.

We don't sacrifice Jesus every time we have the "last supper" at church (as He wanted us to do).
WE REMEMBER THE PRICE HE PAID FOR OUR REDEMPTION!

You don't think that's enough? You wanna sacrifice Him every time you have mass?
What mass are you guys into? Black Mass? :p

If you guys are doing that "sacrifice thingy" at your Last Supper.....BECAUSE you guys really think you're doing sacrifice to God every time you do it -
then you guys are clueless as to why Jesus had gone through all that suffering and dying and rising!

Last edited:

Well, you better read the evidences at a thread devoted to that:

Marian Doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church

MARIAN DOCTRINES

1. Mother of God post #2

2. Immaculate Conception post #3
3. Mary's Perpetual Virginity post #3
4. Assumption of Mary into Heaven post #4

Queen of Heaven post #38, #39
MOTHER OF ALL CHRISTIANS post #186

Mary as “advocate, mediatrix, and co-redemptrix.” Post #453 (the best evidence that shows Marian Doctrine is satanic), #454, #455

Other arguments/rebuttals by tosca1

post #7
post #11
post #16
post #17
Post #23
Post #26
Post #40, #41, #42, #43
Post #45
Post #66, #67, #68
Post #83, #84, #85, #86
Post #87, #88 (List of other titles given to Mary)
Post #89, #90
Post #103
Post #110
Post #122, #123 (Questions)
Post #125
Post #127
Post #137
Post #155
Post #157
Post #163, #164
Post #168, #170
Post #174, #175
Post #181
Post #185, #188 (Questions)
Post #192
Post #194, #195, #196
Post #224, #225
Post #231, Post #244
Post #246
Post #255
Post #259
Post #267, #274, #283, #300
Post #321, #322
Post #327
Post #329
Post #338, #343, #344, $347
Post #350
Post #368, #371
Pot #372, #373
Post #382
Post #411, #412, #419, #422, #424
Post #450
Post #456
Post #460 (the real fruit of the Marian Doctrines)

Post #514, 515, (Catholic version of the 10 Commandments)
Post #521, 523, 526 (Vatican catechism, question)
Post #561
Post #583 (comparison with Transfiguration, charracter of Mary apparition), #584 (self-absorbed)
Post #589, #590 (the challenge), #592 (Catholic site apologists), #594 (Isaiah 44)

Post #603, #604 (detailed explanation of idolatry)

Post #607 (food for thought - about the real Biblical Mary)
Post #641, #645

Post #700 (Lady of Guadalupe)

Post #705 (conversions of pagans become meaningless)
Post #706 (read and study the Bible)
Post #707 (question to Catholics)

Post #711 (Amazing Sanctuary of Our lady of Lourdes video)

Post #726 (Question about Mary)

Post #735 (The harvest is plentiful)

Post #736 (Why “Mary” is satanic)
Post #737 (No shepherd!)
Post #739 (The innocence of children)

Post #744 (canonized saints)
Post #745 (GOOD FRUIT of having CHRIST IN you)
Post #748 (How Satan reaches out to GOD-BELIEVING people)

Post #750 (IS GOD CALLING TO YOU?)

Post #760 (Idolatry in the Old Testament is still idolatry in the New. Nothing has changed).
Post #780 (another pagan-derived practice)

Hey Phat, I have to say this.........based on the discussion you're having with Elvira on this thread................

..........................I find Elvira is more knowledgeable and focused on her JW doctrine than you are with your Catholic doctrine.

You're all over the place. Lol. Like that Malachi 1! You're just throwing things to see what may stick on the wall.
🤷

Lol. Then, don't give me Malachi 1! [emoji23]

Before Jesus Christ - they did sacrifice animals for God!

BALONEY!

Jesus Christ had already died and rose from the dead! It's done! It's finished.

We don't sacrifice Jesus every time we have the "last supper" at church (as He wanted us to do).
WE REMEMBER THE PRICE HE PAID FOR OUR REDEMPTION!

You don't think that's enough? You wanna sacrifice Him every time you have mass?
What mass are you guys into? Black Mass? [emoji14]

If you guys are doing that "sacrifice thingy" at your Last Supper.....BECAUSE you guys really think you're doing sacrifice to God every time you do it -
then you guys are clueless as to why Jesus had gone through all that suffering and dying and rising!

So the prophecy of Malachi was wrong? This is your argument? Because it was never fulfilled before Christ.

Well, you better read the evidences at a thread devoted to that:

Marian Doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church

MARIAN DOCTRINES

1. Mother of God post #2

2. Immaculate Conception post #3
3. Mary's Perpetual Virginity post #3
4. Assumption of Mary into Heaven post #4

Queen of Heaven post #38, #39
MOTHER OF ALL CHRISTIANS post #186

Mary as “advocate, mediatrix, and co-redemptrix.” Post #453 (the best evidence that shows Marian Doctrine is satanic), #454, #455

Other arguments/rebuttals by tosca1

post #7
post #11
post #16
post #17
Post #23
Post #26
Post #40, #41, #42, #43
Post #45
Post #66, #67, #68
Post #83, #84, #85, #86
Post #87, #88 (List of other titles given to Mary)
Post #89, #90
Post #103
Post #110
Post #122, #123 (Questions)
Post #125
Post #127
Post #137
Post #155
Post #157
Post #163, #164
Post #168, #170
Post #174, #175
Post #181
Post #185, #188 (Questions)
Post #192
Post #194, #195, #196
Post #224, #225
Post #231, Post #244
Post #246
Post #255
Post #259
Post #267, #274, #283, #300
Post #321, #322
Post #327
Post #329
Post #338, #343, #344, $347
Post #350
Post #368, #371
Pot #372, #373
Post #382
Post #411, #412, #419, #422, #424
Post #450
Post #456
Post #460 (the real fruit of the Marian Doctrines)

Post #514, 515, (Catholic version of the 10 Commandments)
Post #521, 523, 526 (Vatican catechism, question)
Post #561
Post #583 (comparison with Transfiguration, charracter of Mary apparition), #584 (self-absorbed)
Post #589, #590 (the challenge), #592 (Catholic site apologists), #594 (Isaiah 44)

Post #603, #604 (detailed explanation of idolatry)

Post #607 (food for thought - about the real Biblical Mary)
Post #641, #645

Post #700 (Lady of Guadalupe)

Post #705 (conversions of pagans become meaningless)
Post #706 (read and study the Bible)
Post #707 (question to Catholics)

Post #711 (Amazing Sanctuary of Our lady of Lourdes video)

Post #726 (Question about Mary)

Post #735 (The harvest is plentiful)

Post #736 (Why “Mary” is satanic)
Post #737 (No shepherd!)
Post #739 (The innocence of children)

Post #744 (canonized saints)
Post #745 (GOOD FRUIT of having CHRIST IN you)
Post #748 (How Satan reaches out to GOD-BELIEVING people)

Post #750 (IS GOD CALLING TO YOU?)

Post #760 (Idolatry in the Old Testament is still idolatry in the New. Nothing has changed).
Post #780 (another pagan-derived practice)
Where does anything claim that Mary is equal to Christ? You're still lying.

Hey Phat, I have to say this.........based on the discussion you're having with Elvira on this thread................

..........................I find Elvira is more knowledgeable and focused on her JW doctrine than you are with your Catholic doctrine.

You're all over the place. Lol. Like that Malachi 1! You're just throwing things to see what may stick on the wall.
[emoji1745]
Are you so conceited that you think you know JW doctrine better than JW's and Catholic doctrine better than Catholics? Get over yourself.

Are you so conceited that you think you know JW doctrine better than JW's and Catholic doctrine better than Catholics? Get over yourself.
To be fair, sometimes it is like that.

I guess some believe there is a way. I don't, but what are you referencing? Not believing anymore?

Sorry, I just now saw this, I believe I was referring to blaspheme of the Holy Spirit. There are a lot of opinions on how you can do that but my working definition is attributing the work of Satan to God. Some argue that even that can be forgiven, but I have always thought that when you get to that point you won't be able to ask for forgiveness.

Who told you that? A church no doubt. And the Jesus trappings can only be accessed, in a church.

There was a time, when the usual way of being religious, was to talk to God, to have a personal relationship, NO liturgy. Then, churches discussed it, and said that they could make churches a control on human behaviour, and so be supported by the state. And so, coerced church attendance and observance was caused. Leaqding to the EMPORER and the POPE.

What is the Church?

As Jesus pointed out in Matthew 23:8-12, there was to be no laity class in the Christian congregation...and certainly not to be paid for their services...Acts 18:1-3; 20:33; 34:2: 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10...

That's BS. The class system was made up by the JWs, not the Catholics.

Back
Top Bottom