• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a Christian lose their salvation?

Sorry, I just now saw this, I believe I was referring to blaspheme of the Holy Spirit. There are a lot of opinions on how you can do that but my working definition is attributing the work of Satan to God. Some argue that even that can be forgiven, but I have always thought that when you get to that point you won't be able to ask for forgiveness.

Do you have a reference we could work with on this?

Do you have a reference we could work with on this?

Matt. 12:31. There are many commentaries that deal with this, they are fairly easy to find online.

Matt. 12:31. There are many commentaries that deal with this, they are fairly easy to find online.

Of note, this was before the full establishment of Christianity and they were operating 100% as Jews, and Jesus was Jewish. There are many things that would apply to them that no longer apply under our current dispensation.

Of note, this was before the full establishment of Christianity and they were operating 100% as Jews, and Jesus was Jewish. There are many things that would apply to them that no longer apply under our current dispensation.

Number one, I don't believe in "dispensationalism", (if I understand you correctly) and that's probably all I need to say about that. It is, however, a conversation worth having in the Theology section if you feel so inclined. I think I am on solid ground on the blaspheme of the Holy Spirit issue and I can expand on that when I get to a real computer if you wish.

I'd like to discuss both issues with both of you, particularly your working definition of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

I'd like to discuss both issues with both of you, particularly your working definition of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Well, that would certainly be more profitable than arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and what Donald Trump thinks about it.

Last edited:
Well, that would certainly be more profitable than arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and what Donald Trump thinks about it.

Eschew pin-dancing and crystal-balling, I say. ;)

Back
Top Bottom