• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California woman who berated man wearing MAGA hat reported missing, believed to be in hiding

No different that those on the left, including those on this forum who responded with hate towards the person wearing the hat and others who would choose to wear it and suggestions of what should be done to them.

See above. There's a difference between publicly calling someone a racist (which is the worst this woman did) and threatening violence over an ideological difference.

People have lost their minds.

Driving someone into hiding for berating someone for wearing a hateful symbol is not surprising. One would expect that. Praising it goes against the values of this country of free speech and tolerance.

A Liberal preaching to us about tolerance! How amusing. :lamo

What she did to the man in the hat was not ok. Making threats against her, if that is what caused her to go into hiding, is not ok either. People really need to be careful about bringing fights online. It escalates things well beyond the scale of the original conflict. The weaponization of social media is getting scary.

I agree, but I have zero sympathy for her. She called down the weather; she doesn't get to say, "****! It's raining!".

It's going to take someone getting killed before the Leftists figure out that attacking another person because they disagree with their politics is some un-American bull****.

I just hope the person who gets killed isn't a high school kid wearing a MAGA hat.

Driving someone into hiding for berating someone for wearing a hateful symbol is not surprising. One would expect that. Praising it goes against the values of this country of free speech and tolerance.

Just how is Make America Great Again a hateful symbol?

Maybe this woman just went to her safe space.

I don't get your point. Person A was exercising his first amendment rights. Person B voluntarily berates him. Which is her right. Although it's not exactly a smart move.

Seems to me this incident could have easily been avoided if person B had just walked on by and smiled.

Was The United States great in 1850?

I'd argue America wasn't great until 1985 when the Chicago Bears won the Superbowl.

Just how is Make America Great Again a hateful symbol?

Maybe this woman just went to her safe space.

I don't get your point. Person A was exercising his first amendment rights. Person B voluntarily berates him. Which is her right. Although it's not exactly a smart move.

Seems to me this incident could have easily been avoided if person B had just walked on by and smiled.

Because the Leftists said so, by-golly!

/S

MAGA hats dont stand for "hate and racism" they just just make liberals expose their own. Maga hats dont assault people, but they do make those wearing them become targets of the violent and fascist, far leftist, as we have repeatedly seen.

It's amusing how leftists are so quick to condemn violence and racism but think it's OK for them to be violent and racist. The standard seems to get lower and lower for this trollgroup as well. Today it's a hat, yesterday it was a smile from a high school kid, tomorrow it will be merely a thought...

Having your life threatened for expressing your opinion is poetic justice to you? How childish and petty have we become?

From the article:

“We have nothing that makes us think she’s at-risk,” Sgt. Aaron Clark of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office told the San Jose Mercury News in a phone interview late Friday night.

You mean 'berated'? Are you kidding?

Here is a list of people assaulted by easily triggered leftist, for you to ignore...

Donald Trump MAGA Hat Attacks, Intolerance: List of Reported ...
Donald Trump MAGA Hat Attacks, Intolerance: List of Reported Incidents Against People Wearing President’s Caps
Mar 11, 2019 - Unfortunately, we expect to see more of this," the director of the Center for the ... List of Reported Incidents Against People Wearing President's Caps ... A "Make America Great Again'' hat is burned on California's UC Berkeley ... Newsweek has compiled a list of assaults and incidents that have occurred this ...

From the article:

“We have nothing that makes us think she’s at-risk,” Sgt. Aaron Clark of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office told the San Jose Mercury News in a phone interview late Friday night.

Likely trying to pull the next Juicy Smellit.

hateful symbol, man yours is a twisted view.

Having your life threatened for expressing your opinion is poetic justice to you? How childish and petty have we become?

And getting at least a strong dose of your own medicine wouldn't be poetic justice to you?

First, she started it when this particular woman publicly started screaming at him, calling the Starbucks audience to "come here" and physically intimidate (or worse) the guy, spewing hateful and inflammatory accusations at him as a racist and someone who hates brown people.

Later, Mankey, not only admitted to her harassment and name calling on facebook, but bragged that when he wouldn't call the police on her she called him a wimp, and followed him to the register continuing her "fighting language" diatribes and insults. She also said she "chased him out of Starbucks yelling at him to get the f--- out of my town.” and called upon the public to harass him wherever they saw him.

She promised to "publicly shame him in town and try to get him fired and kicked out of every club he is in.”

Second, she chose to be a bully and threaten the well being of a stranger, trying to harm his public life, his job, and his freedom to associate in his own town (ironically it would seem she was actually in her town at the Starbucks SF shop).

Third, IT BOOMARANGED. This old man DID not threaten her in kind and HER OWN actions inspired public outrage and her own job termination for being an asshole. And if it is she has left HER TOWN (Palo Alto) and must now live elsewhere, heck yes THAT IS POETIC JUSTICE.

And getting at least a strong dose of your own medicine wouldn't be poetic justice to you?

First, she started it when this particular woman publicly started screaming at him, calling the Starbucks audience to "come here" and physically intimidate (or worse) the guy, spewing hateful and inflammatory accusations at him as a racist and someone who hates brown people.

Later, Mankey, not only admitted to her harassment and name calling on facebook, but bragged that when he wouldn't call the police on her she called him a wimp, and followed him to the register continuing her "fighting language" diatribes and insults. She also said she "chased him out of Starbucks yelling at him to get the f--- out of my town.” and called upon the public to harass him wherever they saw him.

She promised to "publicly shame him in town and try to get him fired and kicked out of every club he is in.”

Second, she chose to be a bully and threaten the well being of a stranger, trying to harm his public life, his job, and his freedom to associate in his own town (ironically it would seem she was actually in her town at the Starbucks SF shop).

Third, IT BOOMARANGED. This old man DID not threaten her in kind and HER OWN actions inspired public outrage and her own job termination for being an asshole. And if it is she has left HER TOWN (Palo Alto) and must now live elsewhere, heck yes THAT IS POETIC JUSTICE.

The left can dish it but roll over and cry "victim" when they get a taste of their own medicine.

The left can dish it but roll over and cry "victim" when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Really? After the literally hundreds of posts on this forum by Trump supporters about their white victimhood? Whole threads devoted to the subject. You've got a really bad case of projection there. Better lay off Sean Hannity for a few days.

Really? After the literally hundreds of posts on this forum by Trump supporters about their white victimhood? Whole threads devoted to the subject. You've got a really bad case of projection there. Better lay off Sean Hannity for a few days.

Just like in the other thread, you assumingly attribute things to me that are untrue. Cable TV is a ripoff, dropped it years ago. Leftist are the biggest "victims" on earth.

When was America not great in your opinion?
I am not speaking for him but I will offer my own 2 cents: compared to other countries, America can be said to have always been great, if not the best. However, when compared to itself, as in, you compare the country in different points in time, it can be said that it used to better before than it is now.

Did she really go into hiding because people actually threatened her life, or is it because she could not face the pressure of the public calling out her unacceptable behavior and shaming her?
Did this woman threaten the man in the MAGA hat, or just tell him what she thought of him? Did she even use profanity? From what I read, the worst she did was call him a racist, and shout that out to everyone in that Starbucks. My friend was threatened with actual physical harm, even an "I ought to shoot you." Berating someone is not the same as threatening to shoot someone. It isn't whataboutism on my part, since I used my friend's incident to illustrate the difference.
First of all, nobody is defending threatening to shoot someone. Secondly, yes berating someone is not on the same level as threatening to shoot someone, but it is still bad. I don't think people should be like, pointing to something worse as if this somehow exonerates this woman for what she did. What she did was unacceptable.

White victimhood is possible, and not only that, it's a real thing. And I won't attempt to "prove" it to you because 1. it would never work anyway and 2. what you think and feel means nothing to me. But continue trivializing people's grievances. I love it when liberals alienate (more and more!) people.

A maga hat is most definitely a sign of racism just like a southern battle flag is!

That's really silly. Objectively, MAGA, has no racist connotations. And subjectively, it does not either. Rather, Trump haters pretend it does. Before Trump ran for President, I don't recall anyone claiming he was racist.

Back
Top Bottom