• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California taxes would rise again to pay for Newsom universal health care

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Don't worry, when Newsom bankrupts the state, the rest of the country will be forced to bail them out.

So not only is Gruesome Newsom going to let illegals in on this, he's going to cause more people to move out of the state by again jacking up taxes.

It won't affect you, you're in the Right-To-Work Capitalist Paradise of Tennessee. Where everyone is thriving and many folk are not burdened with troublesome healthcare coverage.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

On average among comparable nations UHC costs a lot less pp than current US healthcare. If they implement 'true' UHC that should provide a significant saving to a lot of people. Even those paying extra taxes should see a piece of that come back to them. The problem is though that driving down costs in one state might push providers and/or their staff to migrate to better paying states.

As for providing free healthcare for illegal immigrants, that is nice from a humanity point of view, but absolutely dumb from a practical point of view.

Overall I think this bill will not deliver what is being marketed, and cost more than is being forecast.

How much would Californians save on premiums, coinsurance, copays, etc. compared to how much they would pay in additional taxes?
Are you count the millions more that sneak in for the freebies.

How much would Californians save on premiums, coinsurance, copays, etc. compared to how much they would pay in additional taxes?

Not much considering almost 1/3 of Californian's are on Medicaid/Medicaid expansion

Oh shit...

So not only is Gruesome Newsom going to let illegals in on this, he's going to cause more people to move out of the state by again jacking up taxes.

If you understood what the point of UHC is, you'd understand why railing about "illegals" in this context is moronic (unless you also want ERs to refuse service until someone proves citizenship, which can be rather difficult when you're, y'know, suffering an emergency medical event).

I could also address the stupid dishonesty of ignoring the absence of insurance premiums to bitch about taxes.

I could point out that this is just another "poop and needles in SF" inspiration for the daily Two Minutes Hate.....all the way from Tennessee.

But then, you already know just how absurd the Fox-GOP line is. It's a feature, not a bug.

Not much considering almost 1/3 of Californian's are on Medicaid/Medicaid expansion

Oh shit...
You'll need a source for that fat one.

Stop asking good questions!

Standard unthinking post...

If taxes go up $10,000, but I save $10,500 on medical payments should I be pissed my taxes went up?
That would depend if I was paying the 10,500 or if my employer was

Yes, I bet the doers of calf will be excited to pay more for the non doers
Yes that’s how insurance works, but Paul Ryan has already shown us that Republicans don’t know how insurance programs work.

That would depend if I was paying the 10,500 or if my employer was
You don't think you would see a nearly corresponding increase in your pay if expenses were not a part of your paycheck? You should join a union.

Oh shit...

Cant blame them for being smart, I'm saving a BUNDLE on my healthcare with my BidenCare™ plan!

Paul Ryan?

Is he still a politician?
He’s the man that tried to pass Trumpcare, but accidentally let everybody know that Republicans have no idea what insurance actually is.

He’s retired but he is still a republican.

He’s the man that tried to pass Trumpcare, but accidentally let everybody know that Republicans have no idea what insurance actually is.

He’s retired but he is still a republican.
So, we'll just put you down for saying Paul Ryan is no longer a politician and therefore a Nobody

Cant blame them for being smart, I'm saving a BUNDLE on my healthcare with my BidenCare™ plan!
Did you know that my state has less than 2 million population and Calif has about 12 million just on Medicaid?

Oh shit....

On average among comparable nations UHC costs a lot less pp than current US healthcare. If they implement 'true' UHC that should provide a significant saving to a lot of people. Even those paying extra taxes should see a piece of that come back to them. The problem is though that driving down costs in one state might push providers and/or their staff to migrate to better paying states.

As for providing free healthcare for illegal immigrants, that is nice from a humanity point of view, but absolutely dumb from a practical point of view.

Overall I think this bill will not deliver what is being marketed, and cost more than is being forecast.
I agree, this is entirely the wrong approach.

I agree, this is entirely the wrong approach.
Yes, you would like the Rich paying for someone else's Healthcare when they can afford to just buy their own

Back
Top Bottom