• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush's European Road Trip

GarzaUK

British, Irish and everything in-between.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have to ask all Bush Supporters in here, what do you think of this trip? Quite alot of you are anti-European, but your President is laughing and having dinner with them. I suppose you could say "it's all politics, dumb Garza", but what do you think the purpose of the trip is? To kiss and make up? To tell Europe what it has to do? The questions aren't loaded, I'm interested what you guys have to say - know thy enemy lol ;)

I must admit in this trip, I can sort of see what you guys see in Bush - he is a simple guy from a simple part of the world and he can be witty in a way :eek: . Europeans though are complex and we like complex things. For me it was just strange seeing Bush, Chirac and Shroeder all together - never thought I would see that again.

Do you think Bush had freedom fries for his dinner with Chirac? lol lol

I am not of the incling that a friend of the enemy IS the enemy. France has shown thier true colors (ducks from Urethra). Russia had better watch her step. Germans, well they have good bier so they almost have an excuse. :)

As far as the trip? It is the same showboat that all Presidents have to go through. Behind doors they could be at each others throat - in public they smile and act like they enjoy it. Lights, camera, action - shake hands.

The purpose is of course to show Europe that Iran is in thier court and we are stepping aside, but available if you need us.

Last edited:
When Bush and Chirac shook hands, Chirac pulled his hand away almost immediately.
I thought that was a telling gesture.
However, I applaud any president that goes forth to meet with heads of foreign governments.
It can't hurt.
After all, travel does broaden the mind.
Maybe Bush will learn something?

Back
Top Bottom