• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Invades Privacy

Stace said:
Ok, well, Senator Durbin sucks, but Murtha and Dean, how is that not supporting the troops? They said nothing about the troops, other than Murtha saying that our military is broken, which it is. Other than that, they are talking about the mission itself, and it is not the fault of the troops that we are fighting a losing battle. You are reading WAY too much into their statements. Let me reiterate that you can support the troops without supporting the war.

Well I would say the vast majority of men and women in the military regardless of their politics would disagree strongly that the military they are in is broken or that we are losing the war in Iraq...........I think the vast majority would say that the only way we can lose the war in Iraq is if the left in this country loses the stomach for the fight and wants to cut and run.........

Navy Pride said:
Well I would say the vast majority of men and women in the military regardless of their politics would disagree strongly that the military they are in is broken or that we are losing the war in Iraq...........I think the vast majority would say that the only way we can lose the war in Iraq is if the left in this country loses the stomach for the fight and wants to cut and run.........

Well, why don't you ask Caine what he thinks? He was in the military, he was in Iraq, he could tell you a lot better than just about anyone else on this board.

And the military IS broken, from at least one perspective: the families. Military divorce rates are at an all time high. Military adultery rates are at an all time high. There is little to no support for the families left behind. It's all a big sham, and people wonder why my husband and I both decided to leave the military.

And again, it has NOTHING to do with the left or the right. It has to do with people that agree with the war and people who see it as a waste of time. Regardless of my political views, I don't agree with this war AT ALL. I don't think we should cut and run, there's not too many people out there that do, but we've got to get our damn priorities in line.

Stace said:
Well, why don't you ask Caine what he thinks? He was in the military, he was in Iraq, he could tell you a lot better than just about anyone else on this board.

And the military IS broken, from at least one perspective: the families. Military divorce rates are at an all time high. Military adultery rates are at an all time high. There is little to no support for the families left behind. It's all a big sham, and people wonder why my husband and I both decided to leave the military.

And again, it has NOTHING to do with the left or the right. It has to do with people that agree with the war and people who see it as a waste of time. Regardless of my political views, I don't agree with this war AT ALL. I don't think we should cut and run, there's not too many people out there that do, but we've got to get our damn priorities in line.

I don't have to ask Caine anything.......He is a Bush hater and I know where he is coming from.......

Wars and separation are very hard on families and the divorce rate is always high..............

I am not saying you want to cut and run but your leaders people like Dean and Murtha do and all it does is give aid and comfort to the enemy............

Navy Pride said:
I don't have to ask Caine anything.......He is a Bush hater and I know where he is coming from.......

Wars and separation are very hard on families and the divorce rate is always high..............

I am not saying you want to cut and run but your leaders people like Dean and Murtha do and all it does is give aid and comfort to the enemy............

I'm certainly no fan of Bush, either, but I don't hate the man, and I doubt Caine does, either.

War and separation are hard on families? No kidding. My husband went to Iraq the first time 2 1/2 weeks after our wedding. Thankfully, he was able to get R&R leave just in time for Thanksgiving, but he missed Christmas, and he didn't come home again until the day AFTER our anniversary.

We have never spent a Valentine's Day together, becaue he's always either been in Iraq or had to pull CQ or Staff Duty. He's only been here to celebrate one birthday with me, and that was only because his unit was on their block leave after coming back from Iraq. This past Christmas is the first one we've ever spent together, and I will never treasure another holiday more than Christmas 2005. In two weeks, it will be the first time he'll be home to celebrate our anniversary, and so no other anniversary will mean as much to me.

So don't tell ME that war and separation are hard. I know better than most people. And the fact that I could have been sent over there, that we BOTH could have been in danger of losing our lives? That ups the ante even more.

Sure, the divorce rates have always been high, but they're skyrocketing now because people can't handle being separated for a year, year and a half at a time, and then being home for LESS than a year before the soldier is shipped off again.

And I'm not even going to comment on the stuff about Dean and Murtha because I know it's pointless to try and get you to see it from my point of view.

Stace said:
I'm certainly no fan of Bush, either, but I don't hate the man, and I doubt Caine does, either.

War and separation are hard on families? No kidding. My husband went to Iraq the first time 2 1/2 weeks after our wedding. Thankfully, he was able to get R&R leave just in time for Thanksgiving, but he missed Christmas, and he didn't come home again until the day AFTER our anniversary.

We have never spent a Valentine's Day together, becaue he's always either been in Iraq or had to pull CQ or Staff Duty. He's only been here to celebrate one birthday with me, and that was only because his unit was on their block leave after coming back from Iraq. This past Christmas is the first one we've ever spent together, and I will never treasure another holiday more than Christmas 2005. In two weeks, it will be the first time he'll be home to celebrate our anniversary, and so no other anniversary will mean as much to me.

So don't tell ME that war and separation are hard. I know better than most people. And the fact that I could have been sent over there, that we BOTH could have been in danger of losing our lives? That ups the ante even more.

Sure, the divorce rates have always been high, but they're skyrocketing now because people can't handle being separated for a year, year and a half at a time, and then being home for LESS than a year before the soldier is shipped off again.

And I'm not even going to comment on the stuff about Dean and Murtha because I know it's pointless to try and get you to see it from my point of view.

Is that why you voted in the assasination thread the world would be better off if GWB was a murdered?:confused: If that is so I would hate to see someone you really hate...............

Look lady don't preach to me about separation..........In my 21 years in the navy I was stationed aboard 6 ships..I spent 16 of my 21 years aboard ship and missed 15 Christmas hollidays and 90 percent of my kids birthdays.......

Don't get me wrong I am proud of my service and think it was and honor and privilege to serve and defend my country..........

As far as Dean and Murtha goes I don't blame you for not commenting on them because there is no defense for their outrageous statements........................They both as well as Durbin owe our military a formal apology but I won't hold my breath.................

Oh and I did not even bring up Murtha's statement about enlisting that General Pace, the chairman of the Joint Chief Of Staff said was outrageous and hurts the morale of the troops....................

Navy Pride said:
Is that why you voted in the assasination thread the world would be better off if GWB was a murdered?:confused: If that is so I would hate to see someone you really hate...............

Geez, you really don't get sarcasm and humor, do you?

Look lady don't preach to me about separation..........In my 21 years in the navy I was stationed aboard 6 ships..I spent 16 of my 21 years aboard ship and missed 15 Christmas hollidays and 90 percent of my kids birthdays.......

Don't get me wrong I am proud of my service and think it was and honor and privilege to serve and defend my country..........

And that was YOUR choice to do all of that. Why do you think my husband and I separated from the military? Because we DON'T want that to happen. Not saying that your family isn't important to you, but family means a lot more to me than not being there for special occasions, a LOT more than service to my country. I put in my four years, which is a lot more than a lot of people can say. My family has a long line of military vets, and my mother has lived in constant fear for the past 8 1/2 years, ever since my brother joined the Navy, only to have that fear compounded when I joined. I've seen what this has done to my mother over the years....she's proud as can be that both of her children have served, and that my brother continues to serve, but I couldn't do that to her anymore. There is nothing to rival a mother's love of her children, and her fear for their safety.

As far as Dean and Murtha goes I don't blame you for not commenting on them because there is no defense for their outrageous statements........................They both as well as Durbin owe our military a formal apology but I won't hold my breath.................

Oh and I did not even bring up Murtha's statement about enlisting that General Pace, the chairman of the Joint Chief Of Staff said was outrageous and hurts the morale of the troops....................

Oh, there's defense. Many of us have tried, but you only see what you want to see in regards to those men and their comments

Stace said:
Geez, you really don't get sarcasm and humor, do you?

And that was YOUR choice to do all of that. Why do you think my husband and I separated from the military? Because we DON'T want that to happen. Not saying that your family isn't important to you, but family means a lot more to me than not being there for special occasions, a LOT more than service to my country. I put in my four years, which is a lot more than a lot of people can say. My family has a long line of military vets, and my mother has lived in constant fear for the past 8 1/2 years, ever since my brother joined the Navy, only to have that fear compounded when I joined. I've seen what this has done to my mother over the years....she's proud as can be that both of her children have served, and that my brother continues to serve, but I couldn't do that to her anymore. There is nothing to rival a mother's love of her children, and her fear for their safety.

Oh, there's defense. Many of us have tried, but you only see what you want to see in regards to those men and their comments
\\

1. I don't know you so I can't tell if its sarcasm but to see 7 people in this forum vote for the murder of any president be it republican opr democrat, conservative or liberal is realluy scary to me..............

2. Read my post.......I said it was my choice and since there is no draft you hubby is a volunteer so he has no complaint.......He sat back and accepted all the benefits when things were easy and now when things get tough you and him whine about it...........

He should spend 90 days a sea some time without the sight of land or anyone of the opposite sex.......He might have something to complain about then......

By the way, one question for you............I am serious....Is your husband Caine?

Navy Pride said:
\\

1. I don't know you so I can't tell if its sarcasm but to see 7 people in this forum vote for the murder of any president be it republican opr democrat, conservative or liberal is realluy scary to me..............

Well, you've seen a number of my posts, you should realize that I incorporate a lot of sarcasm.

2. Read my post.......I said it was my choice and since there is no draft you hubby is a volunteer so he has no complaint.......He sat back and accepted all the benefits when things were easy and now when things get tough you and him whine about it...........

We didn't complain, and we didn't whine....we chose to get out rather than sit around and live like that. We have better things to do with our lives, better ways to help our society.

He should spend 90 days a sea some time without the sight of land or anyone of the opposite sex.......He might have something to complain about then......

He spent enough time without seeing any females.

[QUOTE[By the way, one question for you............I am serious....Is your husband Caine?[/QUOTE]

Uh, no.....what in the world gave you that idea? :confused:

Stace said:
Well, you've seen a number of my posts, you should realize that I incorporate a lot of sarcasm.

We didn't complain, and we didn't whine....we chose to get out rather than sit around and live like that. We have better things to do with our lives, better ways to help our society.

He spent enough time without seeing any females.

Uh, no.....what in the world gave you that idea? :confused:

1. Sarcasm huh..........:roll: hate runs pretty deep when it comes to some......

2. that is fine, the military as a career is not for everyone

3. In the army:confused: I thought it was coed now........

4. Well he claims to be ex army and been to Iraq and you think a lot a like when it comes to the issues............

Navy Pride said:
1. Sarcasm huh..........:roll: hate runs pretty deep when it comes to some......

I'm a lover, not a hater....good rule of thumb with me is if you're not sure, I'm probably being sarcastic.

2. that is fine, the military as a career is not for everyone

No, it's not. I respect everyone that has made/is making it a career, I just feel that I can do more good elsewhere.

3. In the army:confused: I thought it was coed now........

Not his unit, he was in an infantry unit.

4. Well he claims to be ex army and been to Iraq and you think a lot a like when it comes to the issues............

LOL, lots of people are ex Army and have been to Iraq....and thinking a lot alike, I guess that's just a coincidence or something....I think a lot alike with many people on certain issues.....:mrgreen:

Stace said:
I'm a lover, not a hater....good rule of thumb with me is if you're not sure, I'm probably being sarcastic.

No, it's not. I respect everyone that has made/is making it a career, I just feel that I can do more good elsewhere.

Not his unit, he was in an infantry unit.

LOL, lots of people are ex Army and have been to Iraq....and thinking a lot alike, I guess that's just a coincidence or something....I think a lot alike with many people on certain issues.....:mrgreen:

1. Isn't it odd that Caine voted for murder too.......;)

2. OK

3. didn't know you could distinguish them as women seem to be fighting on the front lines in Iraq.........

4. Yeah i guess that is why a huge majority in the military voted for this president in 2004.........

Originally Posted by Navy Pride
1. Sarcasm huh.......... hate runs pretty deep when it comes to some......
This is a subject you know something about.

Billo_Really said:
This is a subject you know something about.

I hate no one, not even you.....Now pity.That is another matter.......;)

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
I hate no one, not even you.....Now pity.That is another matter.......
I guess I'll have to take your word on that........F_ck!

Navy Pride said:
1. Isn't it odd that Caine voted for murder too.......;)

Didn't even notice, I haven't even looked at that thread in awhile....

Well, alrighty then!

3. didn't know you could distinguish them as women seem to be fighting on the front lines in Iraq.........

Yeah, but not as a part of an infantry unit.....they don't let the girls around mortars and stuff ;)

4. Yeah i guess that is why a huge majority in the military voted for this president in 2004.........

Now now, I wasn't referring to the military here, though many of my friends held the same views as I did....I actually meant it in more of a DP aspect...look at me and Billo, or me and mixedmedia, me and Kelzie, etc.....I tend to agree with at least those three more often than not....

Billo_Really said:
I guess I'll have to take your word on that........F_ck!

As Hannibal Lector once said Okey Dokey......:lol:

Now now, I wasn't referring to the military here, though many of my friends held the same views as I did....I actually meant it in more of a DP aspect...look at me and Billo, or me and mixedmedia, me and Kelzie, etc.....I tend to agree with at least those three more often than not....

That is scary;)

Navy Pride said:
That is scary;)

Real funny.....

By the way, isn't Caine Jewish or something? My husband isn't. :mrgreen:

Stace said:
Real funny.....

By the way, isn't Caine Jewish or something? My husband isn't. :mrgreen:

Not sure, I always get fooled by names...........You sure he is not your hubby?;) Just kidding.........

Navy Pride said:
Not sure, I always get fooled by names...........You sure he is not your hubby?;) Just kidding.........

LOL, yeah, I'm sure.

BTW, I also went back and looked at that assassination thread....Caine voted for "that Iran guy"....lol.

Last edited:
Stace said:
LOL, yeah, I'm sure.

BTW, I also went back and looked at that assassination thread....Caine voted for "that Iran guy"....lol.

hmmm, didn't know you had that option if you already voted in the poll......

Navy Pride said:
hmmm, didn't know you had that option if you already voted in the poll......

yeah, some polls are public and you can click on the numbers to see who voted for what.

Back
Top Bottom